PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Matt Ryan ERROR is over in Indy

and I was just re-watching SB51 where it was announced he was the league MVP that season. Father Time is a SOB and there is no escaping his grip.

I am kinda glad they made that decision this week instead of next week. We’ll get to see what Sam Ehlinger looks like.

I actually would have preferred playing Ryan in a couple weeks after watching what we did to him last year. Ehlinger could be slippery.

Ryan's stat-line isn't that bad for the season.

68.4%, 2,008 yards, 9 TD, 9 INT, 84.7 rating

It's insane that people actually thought he was gonna be good this year.

From Luck’s retirement on, the Colts probably had the resources to acquire or draft virtually any of the current starting QBs of the league save Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, or Kyler Murray. I will never understand the endless string of retreads and not one attempt to acquire a young QB to build around.

The Jets and Bears may repeatedly fail to draft a good QB but at least they try.

Something to keep an eye on. Hopefully this change in qb means another win for us!!!!

Last edited:
All these older QBs stinking up the league.

From Luck’s retirement on, the Colts probably had the resources to acquire or draft virtually any of the current starting QBs of the league save Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, or Kyler Murray. I will never understand the endless string of retreads and not one attempt to acquire a young QB to build around.

The Jets and Bears may repeatedly fail to draft a good QB but at least they try.
not sure their strategy is wrong, once you're not bad enough to have a shot at the top picks in the draft, that strategy seems reasonable, they kept taking shots at middle round QBs (just like BB) in Jacob Eason and Ehlinger.

I think they just went after the wrong guys. I was Ok with Philip Rivers and he put them in the playoffs but Wentz and Ryan, well...

Another thing, sometimes they hit a home run in the draft like Quenton Nelson, Shaq Leonard, Taylor, but what about all the other picks? They're roster seems very weak, that division is up for grabs for years and they don't make it.

Remember when the Eagles started off extremely hot in 2017, Carson Wentz was the starting QB and playing the best football of his life, and Reich was the OC. Foles finished the season only because Wentz was injured. Reich took the Colts HC job that offseason after McDaniels backed out. He basically thought he could fix what went wrong with Wentz afterwards because he got him to play so well in Philly. Some coaches do have that type of touch (Andy Reid and Mike Holmgrem always seemed to find QBs), Reich thought he could do the same. Oops.

gotta hope he (Sam) doesnt totally stink it up and make way for BD Nick. we dont want to face BDN

Something to keep an eye on. Hopefully this change in qb means another win for us!!!!

Guessing Ehlinger will get at least a few weeks so he will probably play vs Pats.

Guessing Ehlinger will get at least a few weeks so he will probably play vs Pats.
Yes, he'll definitely be playing against us. A new qb going against BB and our defense at home...I think I like our chances ;)

Ryan was a great QB, his time is clearly over now. That SB loss will haunt him forever.

“Sam to be the starter for the rest of the season” seems a pretty definite statement that unless he gets hurt, he will start agains the Pats.

Yes, he'll definitely be playing against us. A new qb going against BB and our defense at home...I think I like our chances ;)
And one game of tape for BB to use for game planning.

“WTH”??!! Didn’t the owner just call him a “Steely eyed missile-man” (whatever the heck that is) and compared his leadership skills to Peyton Manning, and this was just this past Saturday!! Gotta love that “Deflategate” curse - may it last forever on this wimpy little team…

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back