PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Talib on the trade block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hans-moleman-hqJdI4qhjy2Lm

Perfect replacement for Butler. Kind of a no-brainer if its for a later round pick or he gets released.

If Talib is cheaper than Butler I’d take Talib, he is a taller guy, more physical and overall the coverage skills are better. We have seen all year long Butler being aggressive and getting burned every single time. He hasn’t made many plays his year to warrant a huge contract. Gillmore missed his fair share of games, but he has been solid, his ability to play the ball is far superior than Butlers and rarely trails.

Again we are comparing a 1st rounder to an undrafted kid.

I want to give Talib a go, he just needs to keep his emotions in check.

Link:
Report: Broncos expected to try to trade Aqib Talib

I wouldn’t say no at the right price.

i would. the pats are not in the market for an aging and very pricey cb who will cost around a 5th rd pick. we need picks.

if denver does buy cousins with moron elway yet again losing leverage, they will be saying goodbye to a lot of vets.

one guy who would be available is emmanuel sanders. if he gets cut if they can’t find a trade partner, a 2 year deal under bb’s terms
makes sense.

denver is rebuilding

I know he’s coming off an Achilles, but if they release him would we look at Richard Sherman as a butler replacement?

Hell to the no! He was bum when he was here the last time. Besides, I thought he hated us? Then again, so do a lot of teams, lol. I'd pass on him. I'd try and sign someone else.

No one will trade for him. They will wait for him to get released. Too much money. He can still ball.

pretty much agree as elway has no leverage, but there may be an nfc team that dangles a 6th or a 7th, elway should jump on it.

just depends on the market and the draft situation at cb and how many teams with a lot of cap space feel they are a shut down cb away.

Gilmore is the CB1

Rowe can't stay healthy

JJ has speed but not proven.

Badman and Cy are role players.

They need a CB2
Rowe has stayed healthy at times in previous years.

And JJ has played significant roles at times this season, plus Malcolm Butler became the #1 CB in 2015 and was mostly “unproven.” So it hasn’t stopped BB before.

I’m open to seeing a lower cost vet brought in, but don’t see a need to spend too much money into it. Would rather have that be spent towards the front seven.

Talib will be 32 next year. Only 1 year younger than Decrepit Revis
B.B. doesn’t bring in big money guys when they are in the downswing.

Unless they plan to keep Butler, this needs to happen.

32 and declining . No thank you.

Exactly. Not only is he at the point where he's likely to become a liability like Revis suddenly did, but he's a mercenary scumbag with no Soul.

I'll never forget that Super Bowl tackle ~ Broncos against Panthers ~ near the goal line where he was blatantly trying his hardest to twist the guy's head off. I never hear anyone talk about that, but he could've easily paralyzed the guy.

That's the most scared for a player's health that I've ever been...And if he'd popped a few vertebrae and paralyzed the guy, I promise you that Talib, while publicly proclaiming regret, would've been secretly thrilled. His body language on that disgusting attack was unmistakable: pure blood lust.

He's a vicious thug who's very possibly going to come to a bad end about a decade or so after his career ends...and if so, I won't shed a single tear.

All depends on his price. Which is probably going to be too high.

he is under contract right now, hence the trade talk.

due 11 mil in 2018.

likely he will be cut and then bb or someone else comes calling, but bb will have a price

there is a reason horseteeth is putting this out there now

elway is a serious moron as a gm. i do not believe he has an economics degree from stanford

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye