PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Talib on the trade block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit? He was taken out on a dirty hit by Wes Welker

I quote Belichick “think it was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib, no attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'm going to say about that”

Bill Belichick said that.

My how people forget

i remember, and i remember how quickly he "recovered" too

did Wes hit him? ya he did...did Wes hurt him? debatable

Would love to hear you try to name 5 corners who played better football than him 2013-2017 since you disagreed with me, let’s hear em?

I would love to see how you justify signing someone to a contract for something they did 5 years ago.

It doesn't matter how good they WERE its how good they can still be. Talib is a loose cannon on the wrong side of thirty. unless hes playing for vet minimum ill pass.

I'd take regular season Talib. But post season Talib can go to hell lol.

I read this article and one of the things that stood out to me was two of the players saying that they hit Gronk at the belt to take him down, never at the legs. Then there's Talib's quote, "I shoot for the legs. That's the best way to get that big guy down."

And then I remember why I wouldn't want him back on the Patriots. :)

Old, overpriced, and he turtles when the games get big. Sitting out the rest of an AFCCG because of “ a bruise?” GTFOOH

No thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if talib faked that hip injury. Probably already had been tampered with by denver at that point, maybe he got more bonus money for taking a dive. He should be banned by the league for his general thug like antics.

I wouldn't be surprised if talib faked that hip injury. Probably already had been tampered with by denver at that point, maybe he got more bonus money for taking a dive. He should be banned by the league for his general thug like antics.
If you remember he verbally wanted to stay in New England but we got the best out of Revis.
Which was absolutely the right decison

Talib turns 32 the day before Valentine's Day. While his snap counts didn't drop off from 2016 to 2017, his production certainly did.

A team that acquires him in trade will also be acquiring the remainder of his contract, including his $11M salary for 2018 and $8M for 2019.

It would require a team with way more cap space than brains to make that trade. IOW, he's probably headed for Cleveland.

He's better than what they got so far on D (Sans Gilmore)

Last edited:
Anyone find it " fishy" that he walked off the field in the 2013 AFCCG in Denver...then turns around & signs with them that offseason?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back