PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Talib on the trade block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
32, injury prone and a bad person. No way I give up a pick for that. Not sure I would even want him as a free agent.

Would love to hear you try to name 5 corners who played better football than him 2013-2017 since you disagreed with me, let’s hear em?

I like Talib, but he can be a real distraction and not sure how we could afford him along with all the other players whose contracts need to be renewed.....

He always seemed to be on the verges of doing something really stupid...

Agree with most here. If the price is right and he can still perform which I imagine he can, why not. One year prove it deal, worst case scenario it doesn’t work and we cut him after the season.

When the chips are down he disappears. If he is doing well and has the lead it's all good. Starts to get beat or things look bleak he magically pulls his hamstring, quad or some other girly part. No thanks, those last two afc championships games are well remembered.

I'd kick the tires on him if he was dumped, but nobodys trading for an 11M contract for a 31 year old CB......especially not talib

I am hoping we can get somebody like Michael Bennett who could be available as the Seahawks want to go young in the front 7 - one of my hopes for defensive additions and at 32 years of age his value/asking price might not be as big as it has been.

I could see that. Seattle is now rebuilding and Earl Thomas is chirping about a new deal.

Carroll made his bed with his poor leadership there.

He's still an excellent CB in the league - the question is whether the Broncos would even consider trading us Talib.

Fck that primadonna

200.gif

I'd kick the tires on him if he was dumped, but nobodys trading for an 11M contract for a 31 year old CB......especially not talib

He will be 32 in less than a month and close to 33 near the end of next season.

Would love to hear you try to name 5 corners who played better football than him 2013-2017 since you disagreed with me, let’s hear em?

Patrick Peterson
Richard Sherman
Marcus Peters
Josh Norman
Jalen Ramsey
Xavier Rhodes

Sorry, that's six. I had a hard time keeping the list to just five guys. Want more? And unlike eye gouger, none of those guys quit when the game, or the season got out of hand.. I'm not even sure he's even the best corner on his own team as long as Chris Harris Jr is there.

He's a solid corner, but he is not top five. Even Elway isn't stupid enough to dump a top five corner making just 19 million over the next two years. And what about the age and propensity for injuries and quitting? Those don't matter to you?

For the right price i would 100% take him back

They're fielding trade offers because he declined pretty significantly this year. Which makes sense at his age, he's old for a CB.

So no thanks, an $11M salary for his production isn't worth it: wouldn't mind the player, but want nothing to do with that contract. Better off paying Butler than trading for the right to pay Talib that money, and I don't think they should do that either.

It's generally a bad idea to sign a 32 year old corner based on how good he was 5 years ago.

If the Donkeys are blowing it up... would be fun to see them put Von Miller on the block. :)

As amazing as von Miller is, I think his salary would hurt the team more overall than he would help them

Some of the guys are getting paid almost as much as QBs.. they're amazing athletes, but they are just 1 guy and if they go down with injury the team is hosed

But you are aware it is 2018. How does anything that happened between 2013-2017 matter if the point of discussion is a potential future contract ?

If the Donkeys are blowing it up... would be fun to see them put Von Miller on the block. :)

From what I have seen of VM I am not sure there is a space on our roster for a player like him given the salary he would require. He doesn't seem to be a good edge setter or coverage player. Obviously he is an amazing edge rusher.

I could be completely wrong on this, but I have a feeling the Pats will revisit the Sherman situation if he is available in the offseason. He's in the final year of his contract at just 11 million. I don't think he's what he was four years ago and he's coming off that injury, but he might be worth taking a chance on if the situation is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back