PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Talib on the trade block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos defense looked like quitters as the season progressed and a lot of that was by the secondary who looked like they just didn't give a **** as the losses mounted one by one,thats not something Belichick looks for in a player - Talib played like he didnt care less by the end of November

The Broncos defense looked like quitters as the season progressed and a lot of that was by the secondary who looked like they just didn't give a **** as the losses mounted one by one,thats not something Belichick looks for in a player - Talib played like he didnt care less by the end of November
Blount was a quitter. I think BB would bring him back if the opportunity presented itself and it worked cap wise and all.

Blount was a quitter. I think BB would bring him back if the opportunity presented itself and it worked cap wise and all.
I am hoping we can get somebody like Michael Bennett who could be available as the Seahawks want to go young in the front 7 - one of my hopes for defensive additions and at 32 years of age his value/asking price might not be as big as it has been.

Talib played like a top 5 corner in the league each of the past 5 seasons and you call him a CB2?
Talib wasn’t even a top 10 CB last year, let alone a top 5 CB. I actually think he was probably closer to a top 15 CB than a top 5.

yeah, why not bring back a guy who quit on an AFCCG? i love me those guys

ohh wait, my bad, i forgot one, so a guy who quite on TWO AFCCGs

yeah, cant wait

I am hoping we can get somebody like Michael Bennett who could be available as the Seahawks want to go young in the front 7 - one of my hopes for defensive additions and at 32 years of age his value/asking price might not be as big as it has been.

Another cancerous scumbag. No thanks. :eek:

Bennett is an extraordinary football player, but an awful human being...Furthermore, he's got bad football character. He's a self-absorbed lunatic who'd likely be a destructive distraction during his annual pissing and moaning about his contract.

Sure, Mad Bill isn't afraid to bring in talented jackasses at a discount who he suspects might be hungry for redemption, but the Bennett Brothers ~ and particularly Mike, more than any player in the league ~ aren't exactly the discounting types. o_O

Cancers Need Not Apply.
th_coffee.gif

Hell to the no! He was bum when he was here the last time. Besides, I thought he hated us? Then again, so do a lot of teams, lol. I'd pass on him. I'd try and sign someone else.

A bum? He single handily carried our defense the first half of 2013 and was named to the pro bowl that year. Remember his incredible games vs NO and Atlanta?

yeah, why not bring back a guy who quit on an AFCCG? i love me those guys

ohh wait, my bad, i forgot one, so a guy who quite on TWO AFCCGs

yeah, cant wait

Quit? He was taken out on a dirty hit by Wes Welker

I quote Belichick “think it was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib, no attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'm going to say about that”

Bill Belichick said that.

My how people forget

Bennett is an extraordinary football player, but an awful human being...Furthermore, he's got bad football character. He's a self-absorbed lunatic who'd likely be a destructive distraction during his annual pissing and moaning about his contract.

Sure, Mad Bill isn't afraid to bring in talented jackasses at a discount who he suspects might be hungry for redemption, but the Bennett Brothers ~ and particularly Mike, more than any player in the league ~ aren't exactly the discounting types. o_O

Cancers Need Not Apply.
th_coffee.gif

His brother will put him in line

He's due $11 million and $8 million ... I don't see it.

With the rising cap the money is less of an issue than his age to me. We are talking the same contract that Logan Ryan got with the Titans here. 9.7m average for two years is approx. what the rumors were what the Pats offered Butler on top of his expiring RFA contract in 2016.

Not saying that I think it is likely to happen but the money on his contract is actually not as outrageous as some make it sound.

If we needed to snatch a wide receivers gold chain to win a game then yes I'm all for a trade. If not then no.
BB leaves no stone unturned. You never know when that may present itself in a game. Situational football. Hence, another Talib signing. On the flip side, BB may have eyes for an UDFA who excels at gold chain snatching at a cheaper price AND plays Special Teams. Remember, it’s about VALUE :D

Last edited:
Perfect replacement for Butler. Kind of a no-brainer if its for a later round pick or he gets released.

32, injury prone and a bad person. No way I give up a pick for that. Not sure I would even want him as a free agent.

Cancers Need Not Apply.
th_coffee.gif

Not everything the guys on Patriots talk radio say is true.

He starts too many fights in-game for my taste, though.

No one will trade for him so he will end up being cut and signing for the LA Rams to be with Wade Phillips again.

Too expensive for a 32 year old corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes