PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: T.O released by Cowboys and talks (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me shocked! Who would have thought when Jerry Jones signed a 34 year old head case WR to a four year deal that he wouldn't see the end of the contract. Not me.

As for TO coming to the Pats, please stop with the silliness. If TO couldn't handle Romo throwing "too many" passes to Jason Witten, how is he going to handle being Brady's second or third option in most games? How is he going to handle being on an offense where the QB is clearly the main superstar? TO needs to go to a place where he is the man. It is all about his ego. Do you think Belichick would even wait until he got into the lockerroom to cut him if he ever showed up to practice in a Lance Armstrong uniform like he did in Dallas?

He was 32 when the Cowboys signed him, btw.

Oh forget about it. We have enough on the offence, lets ramp up the defence already

Last edited:
I can see it now!!!

MCNABB AND T.O back in brotherly love@ :D

Funny, I was on another site and somebody suggested he would end up with the Pats. I have to say that if that should happen, then hell really has frozen over.

LoL. He should throw a press conference proclaiming to be the Greatest "Muhammed Ali" style.

we all say no, by which i agree............untill he signs here, has a sudden turn around and is a team player, then all of sudden we all claim we wanted him since the begining :)

When are people going to realize that having all the firepower in the world will NOT win championships? The three super bowls we won this decade were not won with a highpowered offense, they were won with gritty, tough, defenses! Everyone is so quick to see a marquee name and jump the gun, similar to what the Redskins do every year. Why waste money on TO? So he can possibly become a cancer? So we can put up 56 points a game and still not have a defense? I don't know about you, but our defense is actually WORSE now than it was when the season was over. We NEED defense, defense, defense. As we saw two years ago, Brady and Co. can break all types of silly records but when it comes down to it, you can't expect to blow teams out of the water and hope the other teams offense sputters. I wish some people would get out of the euphoric world of the glitz and glamor of a high powered offense. TO? No way.

When are people going to realize that having all the firepower in the world will NOT win championships? The three super bowls we won this decade were not won with a highpowered offense, they were won with gritty, tough, defenses! Everyone is so quick to see a marquee name and jump the gun, similar to what the Redskins do every year. Why waste money on TO? So he can possibly become a cancer? So we can put up 56 points a game and still not have a defense? I don't know about you, but our defense is actually WORSE now than it was when the season was over. We NEED defense, defense, defense. As we saw two years ago, Brady and Co. can break all types of silly records but when it comes down to it, you can't expect to blow teams out of the water and hope the other teams offense sputters. I wish some people would get out of the euphoric world of the glitz and glamor of a high powered offense. TO? No way.

Not overly keen on the idea of seeing TO in a Pats uni but if next years Pats team puts up 56 points a game ..... they go perfect and win the SB going away.

we all say no, by which i agree............untill he signs here, has a sudden turn around and is a team player, then all of sudden we all claim we wanted him since the begining :)

I was just coming here to post this.

The second he signed, we would all be jumping for joy. Probably foolishly.... but thrilled none the less. ;)

1st drama if it happened.... Who would wear "81"? :D

I get the humor, but there's no question: Moss would stay 81 unless the Patriots forced him to change for some perverse reason.

If Moss were to change his number voluntarily, he'd have to reimburse Reebok for any unsold jerseys. [This is why #85 in Cincinnati didn't change his name--he'd have to cough up something like $500K.]

I get the humor, but there's no question: Moss would stay 81 unless the Patriots forced him to change for some perverse reason.

If Moss were to change his number voluntarily, he'd have to reimburse Reebok for any unsold jerseys. [This is why #85 in Cincinnati didn't change his name--he'd have to cough up something like $500K.]

Dude owns the record for single season TD's in the NFL. He'll retire as #81.

I haven't read one post on the thread but I would just like to say NO!

I fthere is anything that would cause problems with Randy, it woudl be bringing this guy iin.

Bingo.

Or the Bungles.

How about the Ravens? The new "old sheriff" is back in town. How many seconds before Ray clocks him if he gets out of line. Two emotional players but one who has control of the team. They need a WR for Flacco anyway. He actually makes sense.
DW Toys

Soon to be Joey Galloway for the vet minimum. (Hopefully)

Terry Holt would be the consummate professional with the best run routes and still sneaky fast. If he gets his release it's really the only way because his CAP will kill us.
DW Toys

I think he'll end up with The Chargers or The Titans.

i wouldn't sign him, i mean i dont even wanna think about this. the whole idea is crazy.

And in other news, Randy Moss just gave a smirk - knowing now that he can separate himself even more in the all time TD reception race if TO ends up with a ZERO at QB.

As you guys know, I'm a long-time Cowboys fan...

Now...there's no, No, NO FREAKING EXCUSES for Tony Romo, Jason Garrett, and Wade Phillips...ESPECIALLY if they find yet another way to choke a good one in the final stretch of the season.

If we go through yet another poor Dec stretch and/or 1 and done in the playoffs, there's NO "But TO wrecked our offensive playcalling, locker room, and team chemistry!" crap!

Ultimately, it's now either put up or shup up for these guys!

How about the Ravens? The new "old sheriff" is back in town. How many seconds before Ray clocks him if he gets out of line. Two emotional players but one who has control of the team. They need a WR for Flacco anyway. He actually makes sense.
DW Toys

I was just thinking of the teams that don't care about players with problems.

I could see the Ravens (he was actually traded to the Ravens before he was traded to the Eagles, am I the only 1 that remembers this? TO nixed the trade though. He didn't want to be a Raven at the time.), Jets, Giants, Raiders, Bengals, heck maybe even a redeux with the Eagles.

Who knows anymore.

I hope the Pats don't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes