PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers/Chiefs highest rated (non SB/conference) playoff game in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
NBC’S CHIEFS-STEELERS IS MOST-WATCHED, HIGHEST-RATED PRIMETIME PLAYOFF GAME EVER IN NFL DIVISIONAL & WILD CARD ROUNDS

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ down-to-the-wire 18-16 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional Playoff on NBC last night averaged a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 37.4 million viewers across NBC and NBC Sports Digital platforms, according to Fast National data released by The Nielsen Company, and digital data from Adobe Analytics.

The NBC-only broadcast of Steelers-Chiefs, the first-ever Sunday NFL Playoff game to kick off after 8 p.m. ET, averaged 37.1 million viewers – ranking as the most-watched primetime game ever in the NFL’s Divisional and Wild Card Playoff rounds. TV viewership for Steelers-Chiefs peaked at 39.1 million from 9-9:30 p.m. ET.

NBC’s average of 37.1 million viewers for Steelers-Chiefs is the best for a Sunday primetime program on any network since Super Bowl 50 (Feb. 7, 2016). Last night’s viewership is the best for an NBC NFL Playoff telecast since it acquired the Sunday Night Football package beginning with the 2006 season (excluding Super Bowls)

Welp, the Sunday 1pm playoff games were nice while they lasted...

How is that possible?

There's lies, d*mn lies, and there's NFL narratives

How is that possible?

Really just comes down to there not being a better time slot on the TV schedule than Sunday night, which the NFL has never had a wild-card/divisional playoff game on.

I doubt it's true.

Either way who cares

It did better than the Green Bay @ Dallas game? Surprising. I feel like the 4:30 sunday spot is the sweet spot. Guess not.

There really is no reason why the game can't be 8pm on Sunday.

No kidding, we'll never see one again. What sucks is that whoever plays Sunday night and wins will be disadvantaged the following week, especially if they're the visiting team. If the Patriots make the divisional round next year you can now expect them to play on Sunday night.

No kidding, we'll never see one again. What sucks is that whoever plays Sunday night and wins will be disadvantaged the following week, especially if they're the visiting team. If the Patriots make the divisional round next year you can now expect them to play on Sunday night.

With all the advanced scouting and film available, etc is it that big of a disadvantage? That part might be a bit overrated.

then do 330/630 for both days...but dont make us wait until after 4 for the first game of the day on a sunday...thats just weird

With all the advanced scouting and film available, etc is it that big of a disadvantage? That part might be a bit overrated.
You're looking at a full day and a half (with travel) of lost time for preparation, rest and healing. You bet it's a disadvantage.

I like the championship game weekend schedule. 3 PM and 6:40 PM kickoffs. Don't have to wait too long for the first game or stay up too late for the night game. I wish they'd run that schedule for the wild card and divisional rounds too.

You're looking at a full day and a half (with travel) of lost time for preparation, rest and healing. You bet it's a disadvantage.

I still dont think its a big deal. Instead of playing at 8pm on Sun teams played at 440pm on Sunday.

How the hell did that snooze/field goal fest of a game get more viewers than the instant classic that Green Bay and Dallas put on?

I automatically assumed that any game featuring America's team, let alone America's team AND the Packers would draw the biggest ratings of any possible matchup.

Does the 8 pm timeslot really make that much of a difference on a playoff sunday?

How the hell did that snooze/field goal fest of a game get more viewers than the instant classic that Green Bay and Dallas put on?

I automatically assumed that any game featuring America's team, let alone America's team AND the Packers would draw the biggest ratings of any possible matchup.

Does the 8 pm timeslot really make that much of a difference on a playoff sunday?

It was a holiday Monday too nearly everywhere - people could stay up. Hardly an epic game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back