PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sox pick up Hee Seop Choi off waivers!!

Ian Anderson....all glove, no bat.

....oh wait..that was Ozzy.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
The only band that could make a flute... umm... rock.

Not the only one but perhaps the best known. Remember the band Focus, which did "Hocus Pocus"? They're actually still going ... Thijs van Leer is a great rock flute player in his own right.

Last edited:
Ron Burgundy.

does this chung lou dude play offense or defense? or will he replace AV?

anyone know what time desperate housewives is on this week?

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
does this chung lou dude play offense or defense? or will he replace AV?

No, that was Eugene Chung. He got the heave-ho.

Tunescribe said:
Not the only one but perhaps the best known. Remember the band Focus, which did "Hocus Pocus"? They're actually still going ... Thijs van Leer is a great rock flute player in his own right.
Holy cow, I haven't heard Focus since I was spinin' the wax at a little 10 watt AM station. :D

Still, nothing beats Ian Anderson's grunt/growl while playing the flute. My Aunt was a college music professor and used to complain, "*TSK* you're NOT supposed to grunt into a flute".

PatsWorldChamps said:

I think they have a couple preseason games this weekend, don't they? Tune into WEEI, you should know in about three minutes.

re

mtbykr said:
Sorry just noticed you are already a member over there--i'll shut up now :D

Yeah, I just made an account so I'll take my excitement to talksox.com for discussion about this. Thanks! I won't be bugging people about the Sox on this board anymore.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Yeah, I just made an account so I'll take my excitement to talksox.com for discussion about this. Thanks! I won't be bugging people about the Sox on this board anymore.

Good man! Have fun over there. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Tunescribe said:
Good man! Have fun over there. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Tunescribe man, why so much hate and distain for the sox? I notice you hate on them in every frigan sox topic - why dont you skip over it...it would be so much less work and less typing for you...idk man...sometimes i think you start more drama than the sox...are you eva longoria?

Did David Ortiz murder your puppy?

PatsSaintsSox said:
Tunescribe man, why so much hate and distain for the sox? I notice you hate on them in every frigan sox topic - why dont you skip over it...it would be so much less work and less typing for you...idk man...sometimes i think you start more drama than the sox...are you eva longoria?

Nope, Theo Epstein keyed his car.

PatsSaintsSox said:

Because they have no class and remain the anti-Patriots. Because they are the living embodiment of the name "Desperate Housewives," even moreso than the television series, with the unending shenanigans and immature girly-man melodrama surrounding their every move. Because people like Millar/Pedro/Damon/Arroyo (now gone, thank God), Ramirez, Schilling, Schilling's wife, etc., act like spoiled children and get away with it via weak-willed enablers like Francona, Epstein and Henry. Because Ramirez remains THE poster child for all that is wrong with professional sports, but is excused by legions of unprincipled apologists because he can occasionally swing a baseball bat. Because they are a collection of me-first self-promoters to whom team accomplishment is secondary. And because their perpetual nonsense/unearned/undeserved notoriety often obscures the more earnest accomplishments of our New England Patriots. And that's just for starters; don't get me going on the myriad fallacies of MLB in general. I come here to get away from that ubiquitous garbage polluting the greater Boston airwaves and print media. Consequently, I dislike having it thrust under my nose via OT posts in the Patriots forum while DH fans have THEIR OWN FORUM to freely discuss such nonsense on this self-same messageboard.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Because they have no class and remain the anti-Patriots. Because they are the living embodiment of the name "Desperate Housewives," even moreso than the television series, with the unending shenanigans and immature melodrama surrounding their every move. Because people like Millar/Pedro/Damon/Arroyo (now gone, thank God), Ramirez, Schilling, Schilling's wife, etc., act like spoiled children and get away with it via weak-willed enablers like Francona, Epstein and Henry. Because Ramirez remains THE poster child for all that is wrong with professional sports, but is excused by legions of unprincipled apologists because he can occasionally swing a baseball bat. Because they are a collection of me-first self-promoters to whom team accomplishment is secondary. And because their perpetual nonsense/unearned/undeserved notoriety often obscures the more earnest accomplishments of our New England Patriots. And that's just for starters; don't get me going on the myriad fallacies of MLB in general.

Yeah, because the Patriots NEVER emulate your "Desperate Houswives" theory. Everything was completely amicable between BB and the Pats with Bledsoe, Glenn, Martin, Coates, Milloy, Law, Mangini, Parcells, Weis, Crennell, Andruzzi, Patten, Vinatieri, Mcginist, Givens and a another hundred Patriots players, coaches and owners whose names I don't feel like typing.

Get over it. You're a fan of a proffesional sports franchise. There are more paralells between the Pats and Sox then there are differences.

It's all so incendiary.

"Desperate Housewives" It's just so lame.

And I think Terrell Owens to a much bigger degree represents what is wrong with Professional sports.

I believe "Bill's Girl" put it best. Some people like hating the Red Sox more than they like liking the patriots around here.

Let it go.

maverick4 said:
If this doesn't belong here, I'll move it to somewhere else. Just wanted to share the good news.

nothing but good news, spread that love around. Thank You!

re

BradyisGod said:
I believe "Bill's Girl" put it best. Some people like hating the Red Sox more than they like liking the patriots around here.

I think that's true, especially since as of this post, there were no complaints about the two BC threads on the board, one of which had over 3 pages of comments...

OhExaulted1 said:
Yeah, because the Patriots NEVER emulate your "Desperate Houswives" theory. Everything was completely amicable between BB and the Pats with Bledsoe, Glenn, Martin, Coates, Milloy, Law, Mangini, Parcells, Weis, Crennell, Andruzzi, Patten, Vinatieri, Mcginist, Givens and a another hundred Patriots players, coaches and owners whose names I don't feel like typing.

Get over it. You're a fan of a proffesional sports franchise. There are more paralells between the Pats and Sox then there are differences.

Very uncool of you to insult the Patriots like that, bub. When was the last time you heard about:

* A Patriots player asking for a game off, peeing in a cup on the sidelines, or eating food during a game?
* A Patriots player walking off the line of scrimmage when he should be running?
* The wives of Patriots players involved in a public squabble?
* A Patriots player's wife calling WEEI to talk about/defend her husband?
* Patriots players drinking booze in the lockerroom before a game?
* A Patriots player publicly declaring that his primary role with the team was to babysit malcontents in the lockerroom?
* Scott Pioli donning a gorilla suit to avoid the media?
* Jonathan Kraft getting suited up and playing catch with the team?
* Patriots players publicly campaigning for a presidential candidate?

Of course, there's much more ...

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
I think that's true, especially since as of this post, there were no complaints about the two BC threads on the board, one of which had over 3 pages of comments...

Some of us bit our tongue on the two BC threads and just thought to ourselves, "Oh why bother". Just because there were no complaints posted doesn't mean there weren't any complaints. :)

maverick4 said:

Thanks Maverick, I was just going to type that! You can be my wingman any day! :D

Just because all of us have the Patriots in common does not mean that we do not have other things in common as well, be it other sports, tv shows or appreciation of hot chicks. We should be able to discuss anything in an off-topic thread without having these threads hijacked!

Frankly, I don't have enough time in my busy day working ft and going to school ft to be a member of the Sox boards, 24 board, Sopranos board.....so fricken shoot me if I like to contribute to the occassional Sox thread here from time to time.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back