PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skippy Might Start Stid - EDIT Carr Benched, Stidham will start

Letting a potential franchise QB go regardless the round is painful.
The verdict is still out but Stidham looked damn good.
I'm not holding my breath.

Or D Adams looked awesome and Stidham benefited from that.

Who cares. Not me. :)

Adams wasn’t the only one he was getting the ball too.
He got everyone involved.
I was excited to have Stid starting for us until Bill brought Cam in at the last minute.

*Edit: I was really excited.

So the GOAT goes off to play somewhere else? Great. Good for him.

We got a kid we drafted, and we're giving him a shot. He'll get experience. Yeah, he'll make mistakes. So what. We're a team. We're moving on.

We're NOT afraid. We're NOT adjusting our goals and focus as a team.

After Montana retired, the Chiefs got HFA twice, with Steve Bono & Elvis Grbac. They also had former Patriot and future MVP Rich Gannon, but unfortunately for them, by the time they put him in there it was too late.

Last edited:
No NFL team is entering the 2023 season with Jarrett Stidham as their starting quarterback. Certainly not the Raiders who need an elite starting quarterback if they're going to survive in that division.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I was excited to have Stid starting for us until Bill brought Cam in at the last minute.
Quick
No NFL team is entering the 2023 season with Jarrett Stidham as their starting quarterback. Certainly not the Raiders who need an elite starting quarterback if they're going to survive in that division.

I’m sure that fan base is more excited about Stidhams performance and future than Anthony we’ve seen from Mac.

I’m not here to stir the pot it’s just my opinion and thoughts.

Quick

I’m sure that fan base is more excited about Stidhams performance and future than Anthony we’ve seen from Mac.

I’m not here to stir the pot it’s just my opinion and thoughts.
I didn't watch the game but Stidham had 0 TDs and 2 INTs in the fourth quarter and OT. So what are we talking about here?

Stidham looked great.
Watch the video.
Couple plays where the 49ers forgot to cover Adams. Also, Adams made probably the best catch I've seen all season on another. The video doesn't show the picks. But overall what's there, Stidham looks very good. It's one game so I'm hardly convinced. Mike White has two spectacular starts in his short career and looks like total garbage otherwise. Neither quarterback is a long-term solution for an NFL franchise.

Couple plays where the 49ers forgot to cover Adams. Also, Adams made probably the best catch I've seen all season on another. The video doesn't show the picks. But overall what's there, Stidham looks very good. It's one game so I'm hardly convinced. Mike White has two spectacular starts in his short career and looks like total garbage otherwise. Neither quarterback is a long-term solution for an NFL franchise.
I think the game shows why Bill was willing to go into 2020 with Stidham as his QB.

The real questions is what happened for him to decide to go was Cam? o_O

I think the game shows why Bill was willing to go into 2020 with Stidham as his QB.

The real questions is what happened for him to decide to go was Cam? o_O
I don't see how you can say that when BB ultimately went with a quarterback who was blatantly incapable of making most throws.

I didn't watch the game but Stidham had 0 TDs and 2 INTs in the fourth quarter and OT. So what are we talking about here?
The second int was not remotely his fault. He had no time and was hit as he threw. And he did orchestrate the drive that tied the game at 1:11 and caused the overtime.

This knee-jerk reaction to one good start from Stidham is a little ridiculous.

I love Bill.

But...it seems like he chickened out at the last minute in getting Cam.

Yes, Cam ran fantastically, had experience, we didn't know he would have a noodle arm after two games...

Bill took the safe route.

And again this year...Why not commit to the run? We won the Super Bowl in '01 and several of those wins had Tom dropping back less than 20 times all game.

Everything worked (works) with Zappe. Except when Matty kept abandoning the run when we got down one (1) score.

The excuses are interminable: The Lions suck! (they don't). The Browns suck! (so what). The Bears 2nd half! (I keep referencing Brady's games at Miami & Denver in '01 and no one seems to hear me). Yes, he's a rookie. Yes, he's (maybe) not Ken Dryden.

I really thought there was a chance he would do what he's done before. We're here to win. We're a team. T-E-A-M. So Mac can chill for a few (more) weeks. Big Deal! Grow up! Do I really have to list Montana, Favre, Brady etc. guys who sat for a while early in their careers?

The media usually blows things out of proportion...but this thing on offense is horrifically putrid. And Bill has chosen NOT to adjust, change things up on the fly (does ANY season for ANY team go as scripted or anticipated?).

Bill plays favorites. And it's got him into trouble. Sheesh. I do not think Bailey Zappe is Jonas Gray.

In the long run, this experience will help Mac Jones, in terms of dealing with adversity. In the long run.

Bailey? In addition to the Eason nightmares I've had this year, I've been getting Flutie nightmares as well.

Lots of supposed Patriots fans cherish their eternal opportunity to lament how awful the Hugh Millen years were, and lustily dismiss Flutie as "too short" and "not an NFL-caliber quarterback"(like Brady was before '01).

Even in the Preseason Stid did look better than our guy.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back