PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks may lose 2nd round pick over Sherman injury disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I need to amend my take a bit. Now after viewing a couple of Seahawks boards, I hope the Seahawks lose the 2nd round pick to ensure that this sinks in with another fan base.

Back when the Broncos were caught filming the 49ers walk through, I checked out the Broncos boards and they were wringing their hands over how bad they were going to be punished, particularly in light of what the Pats had already been punished for in CameraPlacementGate.

Once the ruling came down and it was a $100,000.00 slap on the wrist, they climbed back up on their high horse and continued to badmouth the Pats as if they were squeaky clean, and the NFL* leadership was just fine, and besides, McDaniel was just doing what he learned from BB so it wasn't the Broncos fault anyway.

THEY LEARNED NOTHING!

Now, the Seahawks fans are wringing their hands and asking why other teams do the same thing, or worse, and get a lesser or no punishment. One poster even asked what the Pats' penalty was for getting caught red-handed spying on another team. So they are misinformed about what Spygate was all about, and didn't care since it didn't affect them. They need some education.

If they get away with a slap on the hand, they will go back to their own paradigm as if nothing happened. They only get introspective and ask the right questions when they feel the wrath of the Omissioner is ready to hammer them.

Another team needs to feel the sting of the arbitrary Omissioner and be welcomed into the world of enlightened NFL* fans.

^^^^

Exactly. I am beyond giving a crap about any other team. Screw them all. I want to see as many teams as possible screwed over by Goodell, preferably as unfairly as possible.

For one thing, they all deserve it.

For another thing, the only way to ever get rid of Goodell is for teams to realize that they can be screwed, too.

Taking away Pete Carroll's chewing gum would be a worse punishment...

Mort says, now why would I believe that.. wasn't it reported that he has throat cancer or something???

This is very important for the integrity. How else is Vegas supposed to set the line?

Would like to see Aaron Rodgers suspended for admitting to over inflate footballs.

Considering how badly he played for the first 26 or so games after the league started checking the PSI its more probable than not that the league started letting him over-inflate them again too boost TV ratings and and help avoid the embarrassment of handing over another Lombardi to Brady.

They already lost a pick this year over OTAs. So who knows?

The OTA thing is about SEA violating the CBA. If the league didn't come down hard on them for that, the union could have come down hard on the league for violating the CBA, and Lord knows where that would have ended up.

However it does highlight what a byzantine maze of triggers there are out there. The arbitrary wrath of the league is just waiting to crash down at any time.

Oh Man! Does that mean roger* is no longer a 12th man?

It may also mean he will no longer hike up Mt. "Rainer".

What happens if Pats and the Seahawks make the Championship games next year? Where will his yeller belly ass run to then?

Sorry if this has already been posted but if the Seahawks "cooperate" with the investigation then their penalty will be reduced. Just another chance by the league to stick to the Pats with words like "they cooperated" or "integrity" or "repeat offenders" could be their undoing.

Ring, ring...

"Hello"

"Hi Paul, Roger here!

"Hi Rog, what can I do for you?"

"There is a problem with Petey and Sherman's injury reporting."

"No problem, I will talk to him,"

"Thanks; and thanks for cooperating. How does a $100,000 fine sound?"

"No problem Rog, check is in the mail."

"OK then, all set. Thanks for cooperating."

This is exactly what happens to us. One team gets designated to be singled out for something other teams also do.

It's not right when it happens to us and it's not right when it happens to others.
The difference is it won't happen to Seattle. It will only be talked about. There may be a consequence, but not 2nd round pick.

Cheat Carrol leading the Cheattle Cheathawk Way! Zero Super Bowls Since #InjuryDisclosureGate!

There are some Seatte fans that still believe that our superbowl win should be vacated.

There are some Seatte fans that still believe that our superbowl win should be vacated.

For what?

I mean, what the heck? Are they that dumb? Every eye in the stadium was watching the footballs for that game.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/su...trict-steps-handling-super-bowl-balls-n296961
For the Super Bowl, each team provides 54 balls, which they are free to practice with and break in before Friday, when all of them are handed over to the league. At that point veteran Chicago Bears equipment manager Tony Medlin will take charge of the balls, Blandino said.

On Sunday, three hours before kickoff, the game balls will be delivered to the officials' locker room, where they will be inspected. Then the balls will be returned to Medlin, who will bring them to the field and give them to ball attendants.

They'll have to find some other excuse for Tom Brady setting a Super Bowl record for completions.

Last edited:
Considering how badly he played for the first 26 or so games after the league started checking the PSI its more probable than not that the league started letting him over-inflate them again too boost TV ratings and and help avoid the embarrassment of handing over another Lombardi to Brady.

Maybe on Sunday the Falcons will pull off the opposite of what the Colts did:

Accuse the Packers of overinflating balls during the NFC Championship game and actually win 45-7.

The difference is it won't happen to Seattle. It will only be talked about. There may be a consequence, but not 2nd round pick.

And if something happens, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick plus maybe a fine, this incident and penalty will be quickly forgotten by the "mainstream" media and fans. For example, have you heard any Packers coaches or players, anyone from the Green Bay media or anyone at ESPN, FS, SI, etc who is a big Aaron Rodgers proponent mention that they need to be on guard for pumped in crowd noise in Atlanta? Has anyone said that, even in jest? If anything happens to Seattle, there's zero chance a talking head at ESPN will be saying that the Seahawks falsified injury reports for years after this.

Edit to add: Not long after I posted this, I saw that Aaron Rodgers said the following today:

“It’s really loud in there,” the 12th-year Packers quarterback said of the Georgia Dome. “Whether that’s all natural or not remains to be seen.”

I was wrong, not only someone on the Packers, but someone who is a pretty large figure in today's NFL brought up Atlanta's scandal. We'll see if his comments gain any traction.

Last edited:
this is outrageous

Sherman should be suspended for life, Pete Carrol should be sealed in oil drum and thrown into the ocean, Paul Allen should be sent to Guantanamo and the team should be dissolved and their fans should be put into work camps.

You're taking this America First! decree a bit too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes