PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks may lose 2nd round pick over Sherman injury disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he was playing effectively, at the end of the season every player deal with some sort of knee ailment.

For me it's BS but since this league became this whining finger pointing show F them, I hope they lose this 2nd round pick and even more.

Yeah... okay...

yea-k.gif

...sure. o_O

This is exactly what happens to us. One team gets designated to be singled out for something other teams also do.

It's not right when it happens to us and it's not right when it happens to others.

Even if it is against the rules that is way too much. As pointed out every player is banged up. Should all go on the injury report? There is a grey area here.

Even if they should have put him on and didn't knowing it was against a rules a 2nd is crazy. This is a 6th or 7th round offense. Pretty minor stuff.

Oh Man! Does that mean roger* is no longer a 12th man?

This is exactly what happens to us. One team gets designated to be singled out for something other teams also do.

It's not right when it happens to us and it's not right when it happens to others.

Especially when you take into account the Colts' punishment for failing to disclose Andrew Luck's broken ribs last year. Somehow the Jets managed to get "punished" more for tampering with Revis than the Colts did.

For whatever reason, Goodell's pet favorite franchises are the Giants, Ravens, Colts, and Jets. They skate by on everything using Goodell's "logic". Everyone else, he uses the death penalty to make a point to bow to his will (Pats, Saints, Seahawks, even Cowboys and Redskins).

Oh Man! Does that mean roger* is no longer a 12th man?

The Hawks have had their time in the sun. People have grown tired of them. They're moving on to...The Falcons? I dunno...

Whoever the new favorite child is we can be assured it's not New England.

The Hawks have had their time in the sun. People have grown tired of them. They're moving on to...The Falcons? I dunno...

Whoever the new favorite child is we can be assured it's not New England.

roger* keeps this up he won't be able to visit any stadiums except jets/giants of course.

I thought they just had to report whether he practiced or not, not whether he had an injury. Regardless, if it happens that's a big deal. Not 1st & 4th big but a #2 pick is no laughing matter.

The Jets kept Favre off the injury report when he was hurt, used unapproved equipment to prepare footballs (in 2009), and tampered with Revis. They got a total of two small fines and a suspended low level employee.

The Seahawks, Chiefs, and Patriots (supposedly) combined for those same three violations, and it resulted in the loss of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th round draft picks, two larger fines (with the Seahawks probably adding a third) and a four game suspension.

NFL polling people to see if the penalty is too harsh or harsh enough? Perhaps it's a warning sign that Pete Carroll needs to grovel and admit his misdeeds before Goodell.

NFL polling people to see if the penalty is too harsh or harsh enough? Perhaps it's a warning sign that Pete Carroll needs to grovel and admit his misdeeds before Goodell.

I don't doubt that they may have leaked this to float the idea to the public but it sure would be pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back