PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RUMOR? Former Patriot Aqib Talib and his brother involved in shooting of Local Texas Football Coach

Years back Aquib Talib shot someone too.

The dude survived but declined to press charges.

Parents need to get a clue that little Johnny or Suzi isn't going to be the next TB12 or Alex Morgan and just chill the F out.

My eldest daughter was a great athlete. I still had no expectations or delusions about her going to the Olympics, etc. There was a girl from our town who made the US socccer team from U13 all the way through high school. As a sophmore in HS she was given a full boat to a top academic and athletic school which was future proofed against injury because they knew if Duke or Stanford came knocking in a year they were going to loose as good as they were.

I hadn't seen this girl play until one day at a futsol (soccer on a basketball court meant to force them to work on passing and footwork played 4:4) game. The face off took place and the ball went straight to this girl. I can only describe what I saw as River Dance with a soccer ball. It was unreal to watch. Then the ball was in the back of the net in a flash. All I could think was, all these parents with delusions of their kids going the distance need to watch this girl for a reality check.

Just chill out, don't pressure them, don't make them specialize from a young age and let them try it all.
Yup - let the kids be kids. No matter how disorganized, they are going to have fun if you let them.

When I was in the first years of my Air Force career I volunteered to ref some kids (8-10 y/o?) soccer. Little ankle-biters ran my butt into the ground. There were a few that really had the knack, but most just kicked and ran - and they loved it.

I used to be shocked at parents yelling at each other at kids games until they started fist fighting at kids games and now they're shooting and killing at kids games. Everyone with guns makes us safer. This has been a public service announcement :-(
Yeah, take the easy way out and blame the guns...not the wickedness in the human heart.

Yeah, take the easy way out and blame the guns...not the wickedness in the human heart.
Passionate families lose their tempers at youth games more than we'd like to admit. What could possibly go wrong if they all brought guns?

Passionate families lose their tempers at youth games more than we'd like to admit. What could possibly go wrong if they all brought guns?
Thats it.

People are just passionate. It happens.

What is your point here?

There were a handful of posts early in this thread essentially begging everyone to have the discipline to keep the guns politics and philosophizing out of it. Too much to ask apparently.

Genuinely want to know rather than assume
I think its safer around a kids game where parents often let their emotions get the better of them to be without their guns. Bad choice.

I think its safer around a kids game where parents often let their emotions get the better of them to be without their guns. Bad choice.
What about those who are capable of controlling themselves and don't just go around blasting people who mildly annoy them? Is that acceptable?

What about those who are capable of controlling themselves and don't just go around blasting people who mildly annoy them? Is that acceptable?
I can set aside my gun when I go to a youth game. Talib probably thought he could control his emotions. Lots of passion flowing. People fight with their hands, throw chairs. Lots of people there got out of control. Could have been way worse if they all had guns. I can put aside my right to bear arms for an hour or so.

I can set aside my gun when I go to a youth game. Talib probably thought he could control his emotions. Lots of passion flowing. People fight with their hands, throw chairs. Lots of people there got out of control. Could have been way worse if they all had guns. I can put aside my right to bear arms for an hour or so.
I guess my point is like, not to be dismissive or blunt but, what are you gonna do? You can't control everyone else or what they have or what they do with it

I guess my point is like, not to be dismissive or blunt but, what are you gonna do? You can't control everyone else or what they have or what they do with it
I can only do what I can do. I can try and reason with people but no I can't control anyone else. Too many people confuse a right with requirement.

I can only do what I can do. I can try and reason with people but no I can't control anyone else. Too many people confuse a right with requirement.
And too many people confuse a right with a responsibility, when the opposite it true.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back