PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RUMOR? Former Patriot Aqib Talib and his brother involved in shooting of Local Texas Football Coach

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Former Patriot Aqib Talib and his brother Yaqub Talib are said to have been involved in an argument with Lancaster U9 Football coach, Mikle Hickman. One of the Talib brothers shot and killed Hickman, though there are mixed reports as to which one pulled the trigger.

What's interesting is that there has been nothing locally about this.. Yet.

Nothing from any reputable source.

The video was from one twitter account with 280 followers. There were gunshot sounds but I never saw Talib in it

Needless to say, that’s an … odd article on a bizarre website.

What’s also strange is that when I google “Aqib Talib”, there’s zero news. But googling “Mike Hickmon” returns a bunch of very similar looking recently published articles about Hickmon’s death and Talib’s involvement, but all are associated with bizarre domains, nothing seemingly recognizable/reputable.

Weird stuff. Not sure how responsible it is for this thread to exist given the seeming lack of substantiation, but nothing said here is ultimately of much consequence I guess.

I’m not sure if this is real. Some obvious red flags around the legitimacy of the story, but there’s some smoke and occasionally that means fire.

Last edited:
Plus the article appears to have been written by a developmentally challenged 2nd grader.
Agreed. I am still trying to figure out....

"Mike Hickmon had lived a secretive life. Hence, not many details about his family are unavailable on the web."

Agreed. I am still trying to figure out....

"Mike Hickmon had lived a secretive life. Hence, not many details about his family are unavailable on the web."
“Aqib was first held responsible, but now another man wearing a bucket hat can be seen throwing something like a cone or something at Mike.”

lol

Looking at the video, the whole fight started when a few parents went after the ref. At a football game for 8 year olds.

Ridiculous.

It seemed to me that Aqib did not do the shooting but I saw him throw a chair.

I don't know why parents go after refs so often. Especially at baseball games. I see parents complain about bad strike zones all the time, and the score is 17-15.

Stop complaining when these kids can't throw strikes consistently. The umps are not there to walk your entire lineup. The game is not supposed to last 8 hours long. Let the umps expand the strike zone and shut up about it.

Nothing from any reputable source.

The video was from one twitter account with 280 followers. There were gunshot sounds but I never saw Talib in it
I have no faith that this is real.

Except that the City of Lancaster has put out a statement on the event. Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network has posted the statement (see @Mack Herron 's post)

I used to be shocked at parents yelling at each other at kids games until they started fist fighting at kids games and now they're shooting and killing at kids games. Everyone with guns makes us safer. This has been a public service announcement :-(

A lot thoughts and feelings about this, many of which are inherently political. I'll keep most of those to myself, and just say that bringing a firearm to a youth football game seems like a decision that introduces tremendous risk, with very little potential benefit.

A football coach being shot and killed during a youth game, with it happening in front of his 9 year old son, is unthinkable and should never happen. This is absolutely horrific & upsetting in so many ways.

Last edited:
Aside from tapping out of two AFC Championship games, I sure liked Talib when he was a Patriot.

But when he left, he turned into a POS yanking chains and going at Tom’s knees in the AFCCG as he was running out of bounds to name a few.

A lot thoughts and feelings about this, many of which are inherently political. I'll keep most of those to myself, and just say that bringing a firearm to a youth football game seems like a decision that introduces tremendous risk, with very little potential benefit.

A football coach being shot and killed during a youth game, with it happening in front of his 9 year old son, is unthinkable and should never happen. This is absolutely horrific & upsetting in so many ways.

Yup. Sitting in a fishing shack on Cape Cod B I T I N G M Y T O U N G E until it hurts.

Looking at the video, the whole fight started when a few parents went after the ref. At a football game for 8 year olds.

Ridiculous.

It seemed to me that Aqib did not do the shooting but I saw him throw a chair.

I don't know why parents go after refs so often. Especially at baseball games. I see parents complain about bad strike zones all the time, and the score is 17-15.

Stop complaining when these kids can't throw strikes consistently. The umps are not there to walk your entire lineup. The game is not supposed to last 8 hours long. Let the umps expand the strike zone and shut up about it.
Refs are legit quitting over this. I practically get begged to do college games because there is such a shortage.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back