PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RUMOR? Former Patriot Aqib Talib and his brother involved in shooting of Local Texas Football Coach

A lot thoughts and feelings about this, many of which are inherently political. I'll keep most of those to myself, and just say that bringing a firearm to a youth football game seems like a decision that introduces tremendous risk, with very little potential benefit.

A football coach being shot and killed during a youth game, with it happening in front of his 9 year old son, is unthinkable and should never happen. This is absolutely horrific & upsetting in so many ways.
You could substitute school board meeting, church service, almost any activity or event. But those who believe a CCP makes them safer think there’s more risk in not bringing their firearm, and benefit in having it.

A lot thoughts and feelings about this, many of which are inherently political. I'll keep most of those to myself, and just say that bringing a firearm to a youth football game seems like a decision that introduces tremendous risk, with very little potential benefit.

A football coach being shot and killed during a youth game, with it happening in front of his 9 year old son, is unthinkable and should never happen. This is absolutely horrific & upsetting in so many ways.

I won't get into the political side of it. What's disgraceful is that Yaqub was supposedly coaching with Aqib on the opposing team.. There is nothing that could be said that should cause that sort of violent reaction.

You could substitute school board meeting, church service, almost any activity or event. But those who believe a CCP makes them safer think there’s more risk in not bringing their firearm, and benefit in having it.

You're making a huge assumption that the shooter had a CCP. Texas became a Constitutional Carry state last year. There's also the question of whether or not the firearm was legal. But, again, that's politics. So let's not go further on it.

You're making a huge assumption that the shooter had a CCP. Texas became a Constitutional Carry state last year. There's also the question of whether or not the firearm was legal. But, again, that's politics. So let's not go further on it.

Does it really matter if the firearm was legally purchased at this point? The endgame here is someone dead. IMO, at that point the legality of the gun is moot because it's been used to commit an atrocity. Whether or not Talib purchased his firearm legally will likely have little impact on how I evaluate this situation.

It's like worrying about whether a driver's license/registration is valid after they commit a DUI and kill someone. I'd much rather encounter a driver on the road with expired papers who does not drive drunk, than encounter someone with up-to-date papers but they drive drunk. Just like I'd rather encounter someone with an illegally purchased gun who doesn't use it to murder someone, than encounter someone with a legally purchased gun who kills someone with it. I don't much care if the bullet in my head came from a gun that was purchased legally or not.

Last edited:
There is.

Because of people like Yaqub Salik Talib. Some folks in this country do not care about going to prison or anyones life including theirs.

There is.

Because of people like Yaqub Salik Talib. Some folks in this country do not care about going to prison or anyones life including theirs.
Evil-doers almost always have some grievance that in their minds justifies their evil.

If Aqib Talib is involved in this in any way, it'll be interesting to see how whatever network he's on handles this. Do they want their brand represented by a thug who argues with a ref at a 9 year old football game - especially when that argument results in a homicide?

I's the BROTHER who has the arrest warrant out for him, NOT Aquib. The reason the tweet names Aguib is that it will get a LOT more clicks with an NFL player on it than a mere brother.

In any event the killing IS a tragedy, and we all should be talking about Mike Hickman who was doing righteous work rather than the scum that killed him.

From the article I posted a link to above "Aqib Talib, pictured, was not named by Lancaster police as a person of interest but he was present at the shooting and his brother now has a warrant out for his arrest" They have a video of it up too

Evil-doers almost always have some grievance that in their minds justifies their evil.
Ban guns and these same types of people will still have guns to wreak greater havoc.

Hey can't stop drugs from pouring in. Guns would be no different.

Parents need to get a clue that little Johnny or Suzi isn't going to be the next TB12 or Alex Morgan and just chill the F out.

My eldest daughter was a great athlete. I still had no expectations or delusions about her going to the Olympics, etc. There was a girl from our town who made the US socccer team from U13 all the way through high school. As a sophmore in HS she was given a full boat to a top academic and athletic school which was future proofed against injury because they knew if Duke or Stanford came knocking in a year they were going to loose as good as they were.

I hadn't seen this girl play until one day at a futsol (soccer on a basketball court meant to force them to work on passing and footwork played 4:4) game. The face off took place and the ball went straight to this girl. I can only describe what I saw as River Dance with a soccer ball. It was unreal to watch. Then the ball was in the back of the net in a flash. All I could think was, all these parents with delusions of their kids going the distance need to watch this girl for a reality check.

Just chill out, don't pressure them, don't make them specialize from a young age and let them try it all.

Parents need to get a clue that little Johnny or Suzi isn't going to be the next TB12 or Alex Morgan and just chill the F out.

My eldest daughter was a great athlete. I still had no expectations or delusions about her going to the Olympics, etc. There was a girl from our town who made the US socccer team from U13 all the way through high school. As a sophmore in HS she was given a full boat to a top academic and athletic school which was future proofed against injury because they knew if Duke or Stanford came knocking in a year they were going to loose as good as they were.

I hadn't seen this girl play until one day at a futsol (soccer on a basketball court meant to force them to work on passing and footwork played 4:4) game. The face off took place and the ball went straight to this girl. I can only describe what I saw as River Dance with a soccer ball. It was unreal to watch. Then the ball was in the back of the net in a flash. All I could think was, all these parents with delusions of their kids going the distance need to watch this girl for a reality check.

Just chill out, don't pressure them, don't make them specialize from a young age and let them try it all.
That is the truth. As a youth coach I can't tell you how many times I had to tell a parent of 8-14 year old that there is none here today handing out scholarships. Chill out!

Some people are just sad.

Ban guns and these same types of people will still have guns to wreak greater havoc.

Hey can't stop drugs from pouring in. Guns would be no different.
these days you just 3D print the gun for yourself, totally untraceable, no need to even have a dealer involved.

these days you just 3D print the gun for yourself, totally untraceable, no need to even have a dealer involved.
Thats too much work.

Just pay cash on the illegal market.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back