PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reich Fired

He was an OC and QB coach right? :whistle:
Clapping Applause GIF

Reich is definitely the scapegoat, and he was the absolute best of Clots management. Now they have no intelligent or responsible adults in the room. Frank is talented, he deserves another, and better, job.
If I had to guess Reich didn't love the Matt Ryan benching and firing his OC. I would guess he and Irsay butted heads and that was that for Reich.

Reich is definitely the scapegoat, and he was the absolute best of Clots management. Now they have no intelligent or responsible adults in the room. Frank is talented, he deserves another, and better, job.
Don't worry, the Colts have so much farther to fall.

Remember what Archeletta was saying yesterday: The Colt's OL was the highest paid OL in the NFL and played like trash. That's a GM problem and this is a move by a GM trying to blame it all on the coach.

Bill won't hire Reich to be OC...he's too loyal to Fat Matt
I don't know the history between Reich and BB, but from seeing the end of the game quick handshake, no conversation, I'm guessing there is no love lost between the two.

Bill won't hire Reich to be OC...he's too loyal to Fat Matt
A guy of Reich's caliber is not always available and we have a Offensive problem.

I don't know the history between Reich and BB, but from seeing the end of the game quick handshake, no conversation, I'm guessing there is no love lost between the two.

Well, Reich was the OC for the Eagles in 2017 so....

It'll be interesting to see if Matt Ryan becomes the starter again under the new HC. Ehlinger is clearly not ready

Reich was the OC under Jim Caldwell when everyone was fired back in 2012, so this is Reich's second stint under Irsay. You know, the Colts got rid of him too quickly this time. The GM is going to hire some schlub like Mike Kafka, and it's going to be a disaster. Then Irsay will fire the GM and he'll try again for the Third time with Reich.

Reich was railroaded by "8 Ball" Irsay

Great year out of Luck in 2017
Brisket's best year in 2018
Solid year out of Rivers in 2019
Blood out of a stone w/ Wentz last year.

Give the guy a competent QB and he'll do OK.

Give him the dog **** he had yesterday and a cooked Matt Ryan this is what happens.

I would love to see him as OC here.

Reich was the OC under Jim Caldwell when everyone was fired back in 2012, so this is Reich's second stint under Irsay. You know, the Colts got rid of him too quickly this time. The GM is going to hire some schlub like Mike Kafka, and it's going to be a disaster. Then Irsay will fire the GM and he'll try again for the Third time with Reich.
I get it the Third Reich.:rofl:
Despicable Me Lol GIF

Thoughts.........the writing was on the wall with the OC getting canned (when he wasn't even the playcaller!).

I like Reich, pretty innovative by today's standards and seems a good guy. But he's badly mis-handled the Colts QB situation (or at least not do enough to make it be known he's not in charge of personnel if he's not had enough say in what's gone on) and they have looked awful offensively (aside from Taylor and the O-line, at least up to this year).

Might be an overhaul coming in Indy.......if so, go all out for Nelson and Leonard.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back