PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Random Kudos on the use of "Recency Bias"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not as simplistic as you are making it, but rule out an entire group of athlete as competition in my opinion makes one being called "GOAT" very questionable.

Also, baseball writers and true enthusiasts and purists are some of the more foolish people in sports. Babe Ruth played in 1908. It is quite simply a joke to think he is better base ball player when he was basically hitting what we would call MLB batting practice pitching at that time.

Why not call someone from the 1880s the greatest ever? It is a total joke. If he tried to play today he would not make triple A

But everyone else (his competition) had the same pitchers. How was Ruth so absolutely dominant over these pitchers while the other batters were not?

A player today would have to hit over 250 home runs in a season to equal what Ruth did. Do me a favor. Help find another baseball player who was more dominant over his peers than Ruth was. This player will be a GOAT contender.

You cant compare eras. You can only compare players to the ones in their eras.

Maybe but this current league is mostly **** teams who have no chance.

When the league had 12 teams, one of them was in 12th place.

then there are no "GOATS". You just proved my point.

Sure you can. Players who were more dominant over their peers were the best or most accomplished. Ruth was the most dominant player over his peers than anyone else.

Its not complicated.

Here's the football explanation of why i think Recent Bias shouldn't be viewed negatively: One of many's BB mantras is that the Team in November isn't the same as the one in September. So, if this hypothesis is true, then is safe to assume that being better later in the football season is beter than at beginning.

If that doesn't sound true in the world of statistics, here's another point: BB, a Economy graduate, must be at least aware of basic Econometry, where is often used the "Lagged" Variables, which is defined as the effect of time in variables, so it does hold ground, as we already see plenty of "advanced stats" that use regressions to be calculated

Here's the football explanation of why i think Recent Bias shouldn't be viewed negatively: One of many's BB mantras is that the Team in November isn't the same as the one in September. So, if this hypothesis is true, then is safe to assume that being better later in the football season is beter than at beginning.

If that doesn't sound true in the world of statistics, here's another point: BB, a Economy graduate, must be at least aware of basic Econometry, where is often used the "Lagged" Variables, which is defined as the effect of time in variables, so it does hold ground, as we already see plenty of "advanced stats" that use regressions to be calculated
Hopefully this in't too boring of a read, but I kinda think that BB uses lots of his knowledge in Economics in his day-to-day. Not even talking about just Cap stuff, but on how to handle the plays (this one is obvious, to me, actually - becaus of Ernie Adams), time management and even some personnel decisitons

Its not complicated
hmm it seems to be complicated for you..

G.O.A.T. Greatest Of ALL Time.

So what you just wrote, states that it is quite literally impossible for ANYONE in ANY era to be considered a GOAT. Read your own post, it is not complicated.

hmm it seems to be complicated for you..

G.O.A.T. Greatest Of ALL Time.

So what you just wrote, states that it is quite literally impossible for ANYONE in ANY era to be considered a GOAT. Read your own post, it is not complicated.

I will say it again. Whomever would be considered the greatest over their peers would be considered the GOAT in their sport.

Name the batter that ever came close to hitting more home runs than an entire team combined.

Also name a elite batter who was also an excellent pitcher.

I will say it again. Whomever would be considered the greatest over their peers would be considered the GOAT in their sport.

Name the batter that ever came close to hitting more home runs than an entire team combined.

Also name a elite batter who was also an excellent pitcher.
quit while you are behind dude.

It was the first walk off TD in the history of NFL playoffs. It's at least in the conversation.

Um, didn't Super Bowl 51 end in a walk off TD?

EDIT: Sorry, I see there has already been some back and forth on this point. Essentially a duplicate post.

quit while you are behind dude.

Like I said, name a player who was more dominant than Ruth over his peers. I am sure someone as knowledgeable as you can do this.

And dont try to strawman your way out of it. Stage is yours. I know you like that.

Like I said, name a player who was more dominant than Ruth over his peers. I am sure someone as knowledgeable as you can do this.

And dont try to strawman your way out of it. Stage is yours. I know you like that.
G.OA.T.

You have no clue.

Last night was special...it was stunning...it was surreal.
I have it in the same box as Adam V's snowy FG
If either occurred in a SB, then we're approaching the peak and I would put the Minny catch at the very top because 6 is better than 3.
I can't agree. The AV kick was an amazing need to have kick in the snow. The Minnesota catch was an amazing moment created by an incredibly stupid defensive play by 43. Also Minnesota has to win it all to even have an argument .. JMO

Says a guy who has amounted to nothing in life lol
Lol. Once again, in embarrassing form.. you have no idea what you are talking about.

A sports board poster (you) who does not know what GOAT means. Lmfao @ u

Lol. Once again, in embarrassing form.. you have no idea what you are talking about.

A sports board poster (you) who does not know what GOAT means. Lmfao @ u

I have asked for for a name. You wont provide one and instead have gone off all ad hominem because you arent interested in discussing a topic. Just your usual troll and act like an idiot.

Oh wait, you are not acting. Like I said, if you work a job that has more responsibility than a McDonalds drive though window attendant I would be pretty surprised.

Was that a TD?

These have to be walkoff TDs in regulation, folks.

Lol it was neither a TD nor as time expired so I don't see why it was even brought up.

I have asked for for a name. You wont provide one and instead have gone off all ad hominem because you arent interested in discussing a topic. Just your usual troll and act like an idiot.

Oh wait, you are not acting. Like I said, if you work a job that has more responsibility than a McDonalds drive though window attendant I would be pretty surprised.

Owned.

Btw name 2 Bruins? That’s right nothing Lmfao !!!!

Does not know what a GOAT means.

Owned.

Btw name 2 Bruins? That’s right nothing Lmfao !!!!

Does not know what a GOAT means.

I know what GOAT means.

What time does your shift start?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAQnAAAAJDhlNmFlNmEzLTZmYWQtNGNjMC1iZDVhLTIwZWViYWMwY2ZlNA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye