PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Random Kudos on the use of "Recency Bias"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant name any Bruins? What????

And coming from you, the boards biggest white trash piece of **** who has insulted many here. I will take it as a compliment.
LOL

hmm it seems to be complicated for you..

G.O.A.T. Greatest Of ALL Time.

So what you just wrote, states that it is quite literally impossible for ANYONE in ANY era to be considered a GOAT. Read your own post, it is not complicated.
@Bruins29 wOW you’re dumb

Game day thread

giphy.gif

I wish I remembered which commentator on one of the networks used this... but he off-handedly said, correctly, "Look, we all have recency bias." (Maybe it was an MVP conversation or a "greatest ever" conversation, I dunno.)

Recency bias is a real thing. It's exactly what it sounds like, or pretty close: The most recent thing in your memory is disproportionately represented in your memory. It's one of a ginormous list of biases we should be on the lookout against, but aren't, as thinking animals. (And we're even less on guard as fans, because "fan" means "fanatic." That's why some people in SF still think Montana is the GOAT.*)

But as good as some commentators are with the Xs and Os (and that's rare), it's special when one of them understands terms underlying other fields of study, no matter how basic.

Now I'm not saying he's Norman Einstein or anything... but kudos!

(PS... "It's not rocket science...")
usa_today_10535687.0.jpg

* SF fans think this because of confirmation bias; to show how tricky this gets, part of their confirmation bias involves accusing all other fans of recency bias.

Gutless spineless ****y

Go finish your shift pos

Never in the history of Threads has such an insightful and intriguing Opening Post given way and descended to such idiotic and infantile sewage.
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
Guys, we can now get back on topic..... as the those that were high jacking the thread, will not be joining us anymore. :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes