PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rams winning it all will changes how to build a Team?

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Got some free thinking time, and i came to this about our current SB champ

First, we gotta talk about Salary Cap. For this discussion, before that thow that trash ou te window. This parity makes all the league trully set *financially-wise. Even the cheapstak of them all got the Bengals to the SB.

The second point of contention in all this is, believe it or not, is the QB's CONTRACT. More money to spread around, mean better average players for teams.

Why average, well, this is all the risk the Rams doing. Trading some potential (and some is correct since they could still hit hard on later pick, albeit hardly).
So the Rams are simply proposing:

Is it better to get guaranteed value now for shorter period of time, or a cheaper contract on a possible JAG-to.star player?

One SB wont change the narrative of "building by the draft", but, inst the rams using the pieces of the Draft they have, in a innovative way?

Also Sean McAvoy might challange BB in most win. Quote me on that

Aight, lets all stay calm too, disagreeing is fine. but

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
That's an absolutely terrible song. Why did you have to post it?

ahh cmooon, its catchy

Recomend better one, then

It is always better to play the "all in route" as opposed to the typical "future" nonsense that GM's do only to be out of a job soon after.

Take the Rams for example, they haven't won a Super Bowl in 23 years and the closest they came was one time since in 2018. So what makes you think playing the typical "future" game is going to bring a Lombardi their way? Had they not made the trades for Ramsey, Miller, OBJ and finally Stafford, they are just like every other team hoping they have a fluke run.

Rams did the right thing and fans will take a Lombardi any day of the week for one year if it means "cap hell" down the road.

There is no single surefire way to build a team for either short or long term success BUT what the last few years have revealed to me personally is that there are more ways to succeed than we as Pats fans believed. Especially with seemingly more weird quirks and loopholes regarding managing the dead cap hits being either discovered or finally used.

They went all in and won a Super Bowl, I think they'll end up going 7 years without a 1st round pick but they did get the big one. Maybe they can figure a way to keep it going longer, will be interesting to see. According to Felger McVay's a better coach than BB :rolleyes:, not joking, heard him say it.

First, we gotta talk about Salary Cap. For this discussion, before that thow that trash ou te window. This parity makes all the league trully set *financially-wise. Even the cheapstak of them all got the Bengals to the SB.

The second point of contention in all this is, believe it or not, is the QB's CONTRACT. More money to spread around, mean better average players for teams.

Why average, well, this is all the risk the Rams doing. Trading some potential (and some is correct since they could still hit hard on later pick, albeit hardly).

Is it better to get guaranteed value now for shorter period of time, or a cheaper contract on a possible JAG-to.star player?

One SB wont change the narrative of "building by the draft", but, inst the rams using the pieces of the Draft they have, in a innovative way?

I’m not sure why you decided to use such poor grammar so I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to say Bur “Sean McAvoy” “challenging most win”? You are aware that he is thinking about retiring right?

There's nothing particularly innovative about what the Rams did. It's being talked up as something wild, but that's just for TV and radio fodder.

Didn't the Redskins/Commanders used to use this strategy a lot in olden days ?

Isn't it why there is a limit on how many years in the future a team can trade picks away ?

Didn't the Redskins/Commanders used to use this strategy a lot in olden days ?

Isn't it why there is a limit on how many years in the future a team can trade picks away ?
Yes, George Allen, coach of the Redskins in the 70s, was a practitioner of the trade draft choices for talent strategy and was pretty successful with it.

Nothing was different. Good teams trade away picks for players now, other good teams don’t. Good teams pay too dollar to aging players and worry about the dead money later, other good teams don’t see value in that. Good teams have good offenses, other good teams have good defenses.
One of those good teams gets hot, has things break their way and win the SB each year. That doesn’t make their way any better.

The biggest myth about how the Rams are doing it is they trade away all their draft picks, only one other team has drafted more players than the Rams since McVay has been with the Rams, they just don’t use their first round picks.

I’m not sure why you decided to use such poor grammar so I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to say Bur “Sean McAvoy” “challenging most win”? You are aware that he is thinking about retiring right?
I meant that Sean might one day be chasing win record, thats all. As he is, Billl retires and Sean keeps coaching ~forever (dont buy too much the early retiremen comments either)

1645096594745.gif

Thanks, I needed a good laugh to start my day.

There's nothing particularly innovative about what the Rams did. It's being talked up as something wild, but that's just for TV and radio fodder.
Do you have examples in the salary cap, a tthis magnitude? Just an honest question, obviously I dont follow all NFL coverage u guys have

- repeated post

THe draft is still the best way to build a team. Desperate teams like the Bucs and Rams load up on talent so they can win it all to give their fanbase something. The Rams are still going to be in contention for a while though.

It is always better to play the "all in route" as opposed to the typical "future" nonsense that GM's do only to be out of a job soon after.

Take the Rams for example, they haven't won a Super Bowl in 23 years and the closest they came was one time since in 2018. So what makes you think playing the typical "future" game is going to bring a Lombardi their way? Had they not made the trades for Ramsey, Miller, OBJ and finally Stafford, they are just like every other team hoping they have a fluke run.

Rams did the right thing and fans will take a Lombardi any day of the week for one year if it means "cap hell" down the road.
except certain patriots fans.

If you go all in and win it, awesome. If you go all in and don't win then it sucks. Rams aren't going to be a long term team, but they got the trophy. If they had lost to Tampa, they would be the laughing stock of the league right now. Their method does bring into question the value of draft picks. How many times would a team have been better served trading their first round draft pick for a player.

I meant that Sean might one day be chasing win record, thats all. As he is, Billl retires and Sean keeps coaching ~forever (dont buy too much the early retiremen comments either)
He’s come out and said he wants to leave coaching to raise a family.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back