PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dak anyone? Maybe not to us but it could affect us

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good Day Cousins,
Nice "day before" Easter breakfast of two fired eggs over easy and crispy maple bacon. I embedded shredded cheese into the eggs for flavor. As my side I had some moist pound cake with a spread of creme cheese rather than just toast. I had orange flavored tea and pomegranate/cranberry juice for liquid refreshment. Then before I pushed away from the table, I added a couple of apple maple muffin treats because they looked good.

Something in Dallas must happen. Jerry is talking about a Super Bowl run with DAK with a Team that is less talented than in 2023. Dak, being moved has been discussed and Jerry has, in a round about way, indicated such.. The Cowboys have a "self made bind". Jerry has been as bad as Wolf in picking up Team assets but the Cowboys have an excuse with massive CAP issues, while the Patriots......... have absolutely no excuse. Dak is on the last year of his expensive contract. He has a $54.4mm CAP hit. If they resign him, the price will be $60mm plus! OK, I respect Dak but I would not necessarily think he works here with our present dance card. Eliot Wolf made this roster completely dependant on all 8 Draft picks all hitting. That's not happening.

Cousins, the average success rate for a Draft class for the term of contract is 17%-19%. Good Teams have the lowest perccentage of "keepers" while the worse Teams like us, keep more Draft picks. So let's say 3 of 8 will be on the Pats by year 4.

Should we make an offer to Jerry? We have poop to surround Dak with.....set up for failure. ....wnt him?.nah! I think the best Team for Dak is the Vikes. They considered bringing Cousins back money non withstanding. But he is older than Dak (30) and recovering from an achillies. Would the Vikes offer #11 and #23 and their 2025 First Rounder for for Dak? Of course if the Vikes swap with the Boys it affects our potentail Trade partner at pick #3.

The Boys have Trey Lance and maybe (or maybe not) he opens eyes but the Boys can manuver a QB from this haul. Penix at the least. They are in CAP hell and have Lam is coming up. They have too many good players to retain and Dak's dollars are a concern.

Think Jerry makes a move with Dak? You want him here?

DW Toys
Happy Easter

Step away from the buffet. Dak ain't going anywhere

No! He just isn't that good, 2-5 in the playoffs and the Girls have one of the most stacked roster in the league.

I honestly think we could have won a Super Bowl with Dak if Belichick was still HC. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of morons at the helm now, so the point is moot.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back