PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders star Chandler Jones claims was taken to a mental health hospital against his will

He's been really losing it on Twitter over the last few weeks. Seems to be some sort of mental health issue and it looks like people have tried to get him help a few times but so far it doesn't look like he wants to be helped.

He's been really losing it on Twitter over the last few weeks. Seems to be some sort of mental health issue and it looks like people have tried to get him help a few times but so far it doesn't look like he wants to be helped.
It's hard to accept. You think you're fine since you can perform most functions normally, you can do math as well as you used to, you can drive your car and make rational decisions at the wheel. You do a lot of things rationally and thus believe yourself rational. You ignore, justify, or flat out deny the things that are wrong. You sound rational when you talk to yourself (or your lackeys). It's when you talk to other people that problems arise. Frustration flares up at any suggestion that you're not fine. You know you're perfectly fine. Everyone else be tripping...

I don't know how this can end well for him.

Just read the article and I have to say it offers a very plausible argument, particularly with the level of THC being completely unregulated.

And if I'm not wrong, synthetic pot is a whole new level of potency.

Meh, it's not claiming too much really. It just addresses a correlation, out of an observational study in fact.

Determining associations is an important step, as it can inform later studies.

Here's another study that argues against such a claim: Influence of cannabis use on incidence of psychosis in people at clinical high risk - PubMed

To discern the true relation of patients who self-medicate and its relation to their mental health is a tough task, one that epidemiological studies might only chip the first step at.

It's hard to accept. You think you're fine since you can perform most functions normally, you can do math as well as you used to, you can drive your car and make rational decisions at the wheel. You do a lot of things rationally and thus believe yourself rational. You ignore, justify, or flat out deny the things that are wrong. You sound rational when you talk to yourself (or your lackeys). It's when you talk to other people that problems arise. Frustration flares up at any suggestion that you're not fine. You know you're perfectly fine. Everyone else be tripping...

I don't know how this can end well for him.

I have a very close friend who suffers from bipolar-schizophrenia. Truly is an existential hell that, though I've seen it develop from nothing to full-blown in someone, I still can't imagine what their reality is like. And that's tough, because I think folks have a hard time sympathizing with it - a lot of it simply "doesn't make sense" to those of us fortunate to have a clean bill of mental health. It can even take family members years to accept the severity.

Medication is super important and literal minutes after a missed dose can spell a troubling episode.

**** is sad. I hated watching it play out.

Didn't he have a similar incident as a Pat when he took some of that phony Made-in-China weed they sell at truck stops? He's a doper, methinks. I wish him well, but drugging is a choice, after all.

He apparently posted a long video rambling and ranting while outside by a fire somewhere. He ranted about how CTE isn't real and how Larry Fitzgerald and Terrell Suggs acted weird around him because they're being controlled now that they're retired.

Edit: I don't know even know what you do for this guy if he doesn't want help. I am hoping this story doesn't go the way it's looking right now.

I listened to his bizarre rant that started in the dark just before dawn. Just him, two fires, a fire extinguisher, and his unfriendly dog.

He ended up overloading one of the fires with excess logs of store-bought wood. His neighbors must think he’s a menace.

I had to put together furniture.

It is an incoherent mash with the n word liberally sprinkled throughout. I thought that word is hateful and unacceptable.

At the end he starts crying about Aaron Hernandez, implying he was killed. I think he uses McDaniels’s name as the culprit.

Yeah, he’s not well.

I listened to his bizarre rant that started in the dark just before dawn. Just him, two fires, a fire extinguisher, and his unfriendly dog.

He ended up overloading one of the fires with excess logs of store-bought wood. His neighbors must think he’s a menace.

I had to put together furniture.

It is an incoherent mash with the n word liberally sprinkled throughout. I thought that word is hateful and unacceptable.

At the end he starts crying about Aaron Hernandez, implying he was killed. I think he uses McDaniels’s name as the culprit.
And, apparently, somehow Aaron Hernandez was killed in an industrial park, not in prison.

Not to speculate, but his mental state right now almost seems borderline scizophrenic. He almost seems like he's experiencing delusions he fully believes.

I really hope he gets the help he needs and soon. Seems to be in a state that he doesn't even realize he's in.

Not sure how you can help people who refuse help.
Delicate situation hopefully it all works out
True! If someone will not acknowledge that they have a problem, they cannot be helped.

View attachment 53227

What in the world lmao this is getting crazy
It crossed the line into crazy well over a week ago when he accused Mark Davis of knowing about and covering up for the person who was actively molesting Jones' step daughter (or goddaughter - the story changes each time Jones tells it).

I just saw he's been arrested now.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST