PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT r.i.p. Diego Maradona

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The greatest playier probably tied with Pelé

Probably the best goal ever...Mexico 1986...

Genius and recklessness...

Last edited:
It had to be against England.......some have never forgiven him !

Sad to see him go downhill , a brilliant footballer who had the world at his feet and then he fell into the bad things as many others have done in sport or music etc. His health was never the same.

Hand of god !!! Excellent player and a screwed up life full scandals after football.

R.I.P.

Pelé was a much better player at his time. World Cup 1958 was amazing - 6 goals at age of 18. world champ 58,62 and 70.

I don’t think there’s many these days who would consider Pele to still be in the top two for the fact he never played outside of Brazil.

Whilst I’ve personally preferred CR7 over Messi purely for the work he’s had to put in to go toe to toe with greatness I think the two Argentinians make up the top two all time for me, with Maradona slightly edging it for being able to do what he did during a more physical time and poor pitches.

Unfortunately there’s an entire generation that know him for his other antics; hopefully as time goes on he’s remembered purely for his artistry on the football field.

RIP Diego.

When did Diego start using coke? Was it at napoli? I feel he could have done more in europe scoring goals etc. One of the best dribblers you will see when watching the highlights. RIP. Not of my time but respect the legends of the game.

Hand of god !!! Excellent player and a screwed up life full scandals after football.

R.I.P.

Pelé was a much better player at his time. World Cup 1958 was amazing - 6 goals at age of 18. world champ 58,62 and 70.

Pele’s teams where stacked. Wished he play outside of Brazil. That’s the knock on him.

I don’t think there’s many these days who would consider Pele to still be in the top two for the fact he never played outside of Brazil.

Whilst I’ve personally preferred CR7 over Messi purely for the work he’s had to put in to go toe to toe with greatness I think the two Argentinians make up the top two all time for me, with Maradona slightly edging it for being able to do what he did during a more physical time and poor pitches.

Unfortunately there’s an entire generation that know him for his other antics; hopefully as time goes on he’s remembered purely for his artistry on the football field.

RIP Diego.
There is this fantastic documentary I watched on a United flight to the UK simply titled Diego Maradona. It was incredible spectacle, made me enjoy the flight immensely. I think HBO put it together.

Another great was imho Cruijff...

Is that the dude whose brother was a big drug kingpin? I don't follow sports in which you're not allowed to use your hands, so...

I don't follow sports in which you're not allowed to use your hands, so...
Don't know if that was pretty clever, or just lucky.

Anyways, Maradona, good footballer, but a cheat.

Actually the New York Cosmos were a pretty darn good team for a few years.

And today we lost another one...r.i.p Paolo Rossi...1982 was awesome...only 64...sad...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back