• Laurel

Votes: 58 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dumbing down of America continues.

I thought so too, but now I disagree with myself. This is interesting:

We Made a Tool So You Can Hear Both Yanny and Laurel

I thought this tool was bs, but if you play with it and slide the scale just to the right spot you (actually your brain) can alternate between the two just by looking at the word - then I was able to look away and just think the word I wanted to hear. It's kind of insane and proves something. I'm just not sure exactly what.

I didn’t hear about it until I saw it on the news last night. I was wondering where people heard the tape.

So I did a search and all I can say is, what a waste of time and discussion. Who cares what people hear on a meaningless audio with no relevance to anything?

It’s like the blue vs gold dress thing a few years ago...yeah it’s a waste of time, although it is interesting that some people hear the same thing differently based on the way they are wired.

I didn’t hear about it until I saw it on the news last night. I was wondering where people heard the tape.

So I did a search and all I can say is, what a waste of time and discussion. Who cares what people hear on a meaningless audio with no relevance to anything?

If that isn't the spirit of scientific progress then I don't know what is.

While the audio itself might be meaningless, the fact that it has people looking at the scientific reasoning behind WHY people here two different words could encourage some of those people to invest time into learning about audio related sciences, which could ultimately result in future breakthroughs or technology.

Saying "Who cares" and saying it has no "Relevance" to anything reeks of the same sort of jargon people use when they talk about defunding nasa. "Who cares about mars!" "Who cares about the moon!" Technology developed by nasa for use in space has resulted in huge gains for people here on earth.

With relation to football, If everyone in indy hears Yanny, The patriots could create some 3rd down music where most of the crowd heres "Lets go Patriots!!!" and the colt players all hear "Ya'll goat ****ers suck"

I heard Laurel the very first time. Then could hear Yanny faintly so I could hear both. Came home to show my girlfriend and she heard Yanny and the first 5 times I heard Yanny clearly too, then I started hearing Laurel again. Does this mean I'm bisexual?

To hear Yanni, you must listen to Yanni. This alone confirms your bisexuality. The good news is that there's nothing wrong with that.

Oh...my mistake.I thought Yanny was Nonny Nunu, the surfin' Samoan and Laurel his GF with a canyon sized...uh...nevermind.
Wait, so this has to do with Laurel Canyon?

Fascinating. I can hear both equally clear. I like this type of science stuff. Loved the white gold dress thing too.

Yeah, I know that’s an ongoing joke here...it’s just such a bad one (no offense)

None taken. Humor, like relevance, is often a matter of perception. I'm sure I am not alone in thinking this was the perfect spot to point out Ray Lewis Killed a Guy, obviously you felt differently.

I hear it differently on different devices, since it depends on sound settings of treble and bass, apparently.

I hope this isn't the explanation, as that is the least interesting. I was hoping it was a bistable perceptual phenomenon like the Necker cube....

I want to use this concept with others (maybe wife). The plan would be to:
  1. Determine hearing range
  2. Set up a recording
  3. Say something that would get me in trouble
  4. Play back recording with alternate effect so what I said sounds like I actually complimented individual
Could be diabolical and make someone think they are nuts or do this when I have a favor to ask and play off their guilt :p

You guys are smoking crack. There's no Y sound and no N sound. I am convinced you people that hear Yanni are just messing with the rest of us. :p

Apparently the harder it is to hear "Yanny", the more blown out your ears are...****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back