PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pittsburgh tv producer fired for Brady “joke”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeelies - We beet you 9 out of 10 times because we're better than you. I know it's easier for you to pretend a few tics of air matter.....but we win because we are better.

Follow after me. My name is _______. and I'm a Squeeller fan. I admit I'm powerless over the Patriots. I realize deflate gate is about as relevant as the Easter bunny. And I use this nonsense as a crutch to make me feel better about my team and my horrible coach.

Geez the level of butthurt is extra high this year. First that stupid ass science fair thing and now this. They need to find some actual joy in their lives other than trying to tear down successful people

And yet that piece of excrement Rollo Tomase still has a job in this town...smdh
It's really hard to figure but the local news outlets seem to love contrarians. Tomase now laughs and pokes fun at how much he is hated. Apparently he's rationalized a way to enjoy living with it.

It's really hard to figure but the local news outlets seem to love contrarians. Tomase now laughs and pokes fun at how much he is hated. Apparently he's rationalized a way to enjoy living with it.

Of course he's enjoying it, the pr!ck is laughing all the way to the bank when he should be sleeping with the fishes.

tenor.gif

Am I wrong for not firing him If I was his boss? Reprimand him, absolutely.

Fire him, I wouldn't.

Now If he did it again I would.

It’s a fireable mistake because it infringes on journalistic integrity. It would be different if he worked for espn I suppose.

Is there any way to post debits (negative amounts) to a go fund me?
I wonder if Go Fund Me has terms of use that allow raising funds to offset the consequences of libel?

Maybe enough email inquiries to them about that question will get the appeal taken down...

Am I wrong for not firing him If I was his boss? Reprimand him, absolutely.

Fire him, I wouldn't.

Now If he did it again I would.

What does someone have to do to get fired nowadays? He basically made a very orchestrated, controversial statement on live television, and he did it in a sneaky way against the wishes of his superiors and against the obvious standards of television. This isn’t like drawing a mustache on a picture of the company’s owner in the break room.

It’s a fireable mistake because it infringes on journalistic integrity. It would be different if he worked for espn I suppose.

He'd be getting a promotion at ESPN.

It's tough to lose your job over this, but it was also an easy mistake to avoid: Don't let any of your "jokes" make it on the air. If the station gave him a warning in this situation, some other producer might decide they've also got an incredibly funny graphic to put under someone's picture, except they go with a racist or sexist comment or insult someone's appearance. They're immediate response would be "But you didn't fire the Brady guy." I don't have an issue with the station taking a hardline approach here.

Am I wrong for not firing him If I was his boss? .

You do realize that he put the station in a position where Brady could decide to sue them for defamation, right? Now, in a case like this, the station would likely be ok, because of Brady's status as a public figure. The problem is that the same guy could decide to pull similar crap with someone who's not a public figure, and that could cost the station millions. He was a nonentity who showed himself to be untrustworthy, so he had to go.

When you're just a behind the scenes drone, you're easily replaced. This clown learned that lesson.

I don’t think he deserved to get fired but at the same time I have no sympathy over the fact that he did get fired.

The problem with stuff like this is that not haters will use it as “proof” and “conformed media reports” that the whole thing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes