PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pittsburgh tv producer fired for Brady “joke”

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that he put the station in a position where Brady could decide to sue them for defamation, right? Now, in a case like this, the station would likely be ok, because of Brady's status as a public figure. The problem is that the same guy could decide to pull similar crap with someone who's not a public figure, and that could cost the station millions. He was a nonentity who showed himself to be untrustworthy, so he had to go.

When you're just a behind the scenes drone, you're easily replaced. This clown learned that lesson.
THIS.

This guy hit NEGATIVE IQ.

I don't think he should have been fired for it and I will not gloat about a guy being fired. While i agree that the owners of a news station have the right to enforce any standards of integrity they so choose I think this is crossing the line.

It is more of a light hearted poke than outright fabricating important news information. While I don't think he should have done it in the first place this shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Also, it wasn't like he asked for permission, was denied, and did it anyway. He made a call to do it and it was clearly unimportant enough that no over sight was needed or no one else who he told to do it thought twice about it.

I hope he finds a new job soon that pays even better than his last one.

While i agree that the owners of a news station have the right to enforce any standards of integrity they so choose I think this is crossing the line.

lkrwtf.gif

The weird thing is the guy said he was a huge Brady fan and is rooting for the Pats. He has an unusual way of showing it...
So are Felger and Mazz. They tell us all the time hes the Goat. then they spend the next 4 hours telling us everything that's wrong with him......and throw in cheating whenever they can

You’re a nicer man than I am. I guess I’m just not high on a moron losing his job and being rewarded with a better one.

This country is plagued with low IQ/rabid haters that love throwing out “cheater” as some validation for this team’s domination the last two decades. In reality, this team has worked harder and has had a GOAT at HC/QB and put in the work to be the best, and two fakes scandals were manufactured to (attempt to) detract from it. The last thing we need are more jackasses like this perpetuating this BS surrounding the team.

He showed zero professionalism, disregarded his journalistic duty, and put his station as risk. He deserves nothing, IMO.

The weird thing is the guy said he was a huge Brady fan and is rooting for the Pats. He has an unusual way of showing it...

What an awesome fan. I mean, he could have put anything in there, but he went with "Proven Cheater" instead of "GOAT" or some other clever compliment. Let's take him at his word; it's not like he's proven himself to be a manipulative, untrustworthy a-hole already.

I really can't believe people are upset this guy lost his job. This country sucks now. I'm not even a conservative (in the middle), but I get why people are so turned off by this **** where no one has any consequences for their actions, and now this d1ck-wad is asking for money for being a buffoon.

He was just kidding.
But what about his precious job (that he threw away by doing something that was so obviously a fire-able offense).
Wow, they fired him!! (insert Facebook emoji with dumb, circle mouthed face that can't believe it.)

Holy ****...I just can't get over that people are griping about this a-hole getting fired. What in the hell is this world outlook?

I don't think he should have been fired for it and I will not gloat about a guy being fired. While i agree that the owners of a news station have the right to enforce any standards of integrity they so choose I think this is crossing the line.

It is more of a light hearted poke than outright fabricating important news information. While I don't think he should have done it in the first place this shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Also, it wasn't like he asked for permission, was denied, and did it anyway. He made a call to do it and it was clearly unimportant enough that no over sight was needed or no one else who he told to do it thought twice about it.

WTF dude?! You’ve been a Patriots fan this long, seen the constant trash published about Thomase’s false report and the entire Defamegate ordeal, and this is your reaction? Really no room for neutral on this one. Applaud the TV station for doing the right thing.

Are you going to donate to his GoFundMe? Or just hope that he gets paid more at his next job, in some warped, insane view of how someone’s professional value should be determined?

the clown got fired in Splattsburg?...well, so what? This only means he'll be hired by EEI by Monday and paired with Reimer the Screamer doing the 6-10 PM slot. After all, they have every swinging d!ck from every backwater bohump station in the country EXCEPT N.E. holding down spots right now.

WTF dude?! You’ve been a Patriots fan this long, seen the constant trash published about Thomase’s false report and the entire Defamegate ordeal, and this is your reaction? Really no room for neutral on this one. Applaud the TV station for doing the right thing.

Are you going to donate to his GoFundMe? Or just hope that he gets paid more at his next job, in some warped, insane view of how someone’s professional value should be determined?

I won't be donating to his GoFundMe.

As for how this should've been handled by the TV station, that's entirely up to them. I simply don't feel the need to laugh at a guy when he's down. We are a sports fan site. This is a guys real life we're talking about here. Regardless of how he feels about the Patriots or Brady why wouldn't I wish him all the success in the world?

In my view the reporter shouldn't have done it but this was an over reaction to a fairly minor act. I don't see how it could make the common person not trust the man's journalistic integrity. I wouldn't be inclined to disbelieve any REAL story he tells me because he did this. I think this was simply a young man trying to poke a bit of fun and he didn't think anything would be made of it. Perhaps his judgement was slightly off but to me something like this shouldn't get someone fired.

I won't be donating to his GoFundMe.

As for how this should've been handled by the TV station, that's entirely up to them. I simply don't feel the need to laugh at a guy when he's down. We are a sports fan site. This is a guys real life we're talking about here. Regardless of how he feels about the Patriots or Brady why wouldn't I wish him all the success in the world?

In my view the reporter shouldn't have done it but this was an over reaction to a fairly minor act. I don't see how it could make the common person not trust the man's journalistic integrity. I wouldn't be inclined to disbelieve any REAL story he tells me because he did this. I think this was simply a young man trying to poke a bit of fun and he didn't think anything would be made of it. Perhaps his judgement was slightly off but to me something like this shouldn't get someone fired.

With all due respect, as I know you are a very intelligent person, I think you may not be aware that a television broadcast is bound to journalistic standards in the same way a newspaper is. This is not some kind of opinion-driven show or comedy sketch. When a station is reporting or live broadcasting the news or events, factual reporting, or an attempt at factual reporting, is the absolute backbone of the entire operation. This is why you never see little snarky comments or Wayne’s World-style queue cards stuff from smart-ass producers. It doesn’t happen and makes a total mockery of the station’s integrity.

There is absolutely zero chance that a producer was not aware that this would be a sure-fire termination, and if he wasn’t, he is the stupidest person alive. Most likely he thought he’d try to be cute, beat his Steelers fandom chest, get a lot of attention and praise, maybe even bang an ugly Pittsburgh chick/thing, and be absolved of crapping all over his profession. There’s a near certainty that the thought “they can fire me if they want, I’m gonna do me!” went through his head in one form or another. That was his decision. He knew the consequences, made a decision, likely lapped it up for a few hours thinking how awesome he was, and then got fired.

If we aren’t bound to the consequences of our own actions, what type of crap world would this be? And this is why we shouldn’t be rooting for this guy to get a better job, and why his presence on GoFundMe should in fact push you to laugh at him while he’s down if you weren’t already. Yes, everyone else should pay for his foolishness, and while did his thing and was the man for a few hours, the cost is not something that he should pay. Other people should.

In terms of it “being real”, Tom Brady and his family are real people too.

Following?

Tom Brady would view it as a light hearted joke? More like defamation.

This ties into a comment made in another thread recently about the cheating allegations, and how widespread and deeply held they are by other people in this country. My sister in law lives in NY (Giant country) and hardly Follows the sport, but she thinks Brady cheated..... based solely on headlines and jabber on TV.
The number of people like her in this country I guarantee you is extremely high.
Every time I see a story like this or that ridiculous science fair story that “proved “ Brady cheated, my hatred for Der Furhrer and his flying monkeys grows.

I read that too. And he says did it as a joke for Steeler fans who were watching and who dislike Brady.

Most likely he did it for the same reason as the kid at the science fair. Say the name Tom Brady and cheating and you get lots of attention.

Tom Brady would view it as a light hearted joke? More like defamation.
Exactly. There us nothing "lighthearted" in any context when you publically label a person a "known cheater" especially when the person and family was dragged through the mud, was suspended and had his legacy all but destroyed. Hardy, hat har har.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News