PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Phil Mickelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen anything like it.

I agree Phil never meant to disrespect the game. If he didn't stop that it would still be rolling.

Leader is +1 right now. Lol
I think way, waaaaaaaaaaay too much is being made of the scores. The guy who sinks 72 holes (give or take a playoff) in the fewest strokes will win the tournament, pure and simple.

If I was a pro, I wouldn't care in the slightest if they called every hole Par-1 and the tournament winner finished 200 over par. They all play the same course and it wouldn't matter to me how they measured it.

Last edited:
. The guy who sinks 72 holes (give or take a playoff) in the fewest strokes will win the tournament, pure and simple.

and it sure won't be Whore-hee-haw Jackasselroy , the most egregious example of pompous, bigmouth, chest pounding narcissism this side of LeStoned James.He's the greatest player in the world, already way way better than Woods ever was and a sure bet to break Jack's 17 majors mark...just ask the rotten little lying, orange skinned northern Ireland punk. I actually DETEST this shytbird's veritable existence. It's always all about Rory...just ask him...and his seemingly inexhaustible supply of sphincter masseuses with network access.

and it sure won't be Whore-hee-haw Jackasselroy , the most egregious example of pompous, bigmouth, chest pounding narcissism this side of LeStoned James.

I gotta hand it to you Mr. Kerr, these are two of the dumbest nicknames I've seen you come up with yet. I too find McElroy an annoying tool. But so is Mickelson! I'll root for the guy who is not McElroy or Phil. Go that guy.

I didn't care much for his explanation. If you lose your cool, admit it like a man, apologize, and move on. Don't act like a Jete and make a stupid excuse. Now he's gonna deal with feedback forever, and he will deserve it.

Admitting things like a man and apologizing do not seem like Mickelsonian moves based on basically everything I've ever seen him do over the last 25 years or so.

DQ the degenerate gambler and move on.

The puck never crossed the blue line. That was not icing! Great play, eh?

I bet he wished he'd missed the cut. It's amazing how many majors winners missed the cut at Shinnecock this year.

I say that about anyone even watching golf. A perfect match.

Its more exciting than paint drying MLB baseball. Talk about slow and annoying. I have washed my hands on that fake game with players taking PEDS to up scoring. MLB is all about the chow. Best pretzels in sports. Have you tried the funnel cakes in KC? To die for if the game doesnt kill you first out of boredom.

I sort of agree, until his reaction. It seems worse (in this particular "gentlemen's sport", anyway) to intentionally & thoughtfully break a rule (with no qualms about it) then it is to have a lapse in judgement / hothead moment.

I don't think he is telling the truth about why he did it. It really was a a lapse in judgement / hothead moment, according to his playing partner, who said that they did not know what the penalty would be, even.

ESPN is calling on him to withdraw. I would not go that far. I think 2 strokes and bad pub is deserved.

Exactly. Sometimes the USGA and the PGA Tour need to get over themselves.

With that said, I applaud Phil for thinking quick on his feet. He used the same terminology as if he was facing a lateral hazard situation.

I can relate to being completely frustrated on the golf course.

I think way, waaaaaaaaaaay too much is being made of the scores. The guy who sinks 72 holes (give or take a playoff) in the fewest strokes will win the tournament, pure and simple.

If I was a pro, I wouldn't care in the slightest if they called every hole Par-1 and the tournament winner finished 200 over par. They all play the same course and it wouldn't matter to me how they measured it.
They went a little overboard on the difficulty but the US Open is supposed to be difficult. Even the CEO of the USGA admitted they went too far.

Meh. I think folks are overreacting to this.
Golf is a game in which a player calls a penalty on themselves. For example, if the ball moves when a player addresses the ball do you call it? 1st Tee teaches youngsters the game of golf is integrity at it's foundation. Michelson acts as he's practicing when its during a tournament. Its called cheating.

Golf is a game in which a player calls a penalty on themselves. For example, if the ball moves when a player addresses the ball do you call it? 1st Tee teaches youngsters the game of golf is integrity at it's foundation. Michelson acts as he's practicing when its during a tournament. Its called cheating.

Calling for DQ is overboard.

Penalizing him two strokes for being an idiot is appropriate.

These so-called "American" announcers are such dyamed feces eating america haters it's making me want to puke. They just can't wait to see DJ falter so they blab all frickin' afternoon about the immortal Justin Rose. I'd like to bury a 9 iron in their big mouths...azzoles

I thought I was the only one who saw the way they fawn all over the foreigners at the expense of the Americans. It's not just the announcing either. Look at the way they list the tied golfers on the leader board. Tiger followed by any foreigner and then the Americans.

They did seem to give some attention to amateur Matt Parziale of Brockton, which was nice.

And how about those fans? I could tell they were New Yorkers by the moronic things I heard them yell. I tried to get a glimpse of any possible Jete fans but none of them would admit to being a fan by wearing Jete stuff. You can't blame them.

I gotta hand it to you Mr. Kerr, these are two of the dumbest nicknames I've seen you come up with yet. I too find McElroy an annoying tool. But so is Mickelson! I'll root for the guy who is not McElroy or Phil. Go that guy.

I work at a pro tourney and every year Phil Mickelson is one of the most gracious players there. He's very engaging with the fans after rounds. I've seen him stand for long periods of time to give autographs to kids. Not so much Rory.

Calling for DQ is overboard.

Penalizing him two strokes for being an idiot is appropriate.

I love seeing these guys have bad days. It helps us connect with them. Tiger Woods opened up with a triple bogey 7 on the first hole and missed the cut at 11 over. That was still two rounds at 5 over. I would give anything to shoot one round at 5 over.

A round of bogey golf or slightly better is what I hope to do every time I play 18. That basically means not finding the water, hitting every tee shot in the fairway, getting out of sand traps in one stroke, and staying inside of three putts on every hole. Above all, it means not losing your cool like Lefty did yesterday.

Those guys are basically playing golf on a pool table in the wind.

Exactly. Sometimes the USGA and the PGA Tour need to get over themselves.

With that said, I applaud Phil for thinking quick on his feet. He used the same terminology as if he was facing a lateral hazard situation.

I can relate to being completely frustrated on the golf course.

I also don't see the big deal. It wasn't like he cheated and tried to get away with it.

I heard a pretty good interview with Brooks Koepka where he explained how he liked the difficult conditions because it would take away a lot of competition. I also heard Jack say the same thing before. They know that there are players who will fold at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited:
I also don't see the big deal. It wasn't like he cheated and tried to get away with it.

I heard a pretty good interview with Brooks Koepka where he explained how he liked the difficult conditions because it would take away a lot of competition. I also heard Jack say the same thing before. They know that there are players who will fold at the first sign of trouble if things are difficult.
Yes, it was cheating. Putting the ball off of the green happens. Stopping the ball from doing so is cheating. My dad stated some people think golf is not fair. Its a game and is not supposed to be fair. What's not fair, is when a 3 foot putt for the win hits an object and the win is voided (Dustin Johnson). In response to Robert Weather's reply, if Michelson wasn't penalized before he signed his scorecard, then he should have been DQ'ed. What's the defense, he didn't know better, or the conditions were just too horrendous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes