PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Week 1 NFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout them Bills?

I would not put too much stock in them yet....KC was expected by about most of us to be the one division champion to miss the playoffs

They are on their way....Weis loss is as big a loss as it was here

Steelers D is ancient.

True. but you have to tip your hat to Flacco, he played well too.
Rapethisburger sucks and Mendenhall gave me a whopping 2.50 points for fantasy this week.

:cool:

I would not put too much stock in them yet....KC was expected by about most of us to be the one division champion to miss the playoffs

They are on their way....Weis loss is as big a loss as it was here

Yeah but,... the Bills. no excuses.

Rapethisburger sucks and Mendenhall gave me a whopping 2.50 points for fantasy this week.

The Steelers did get their butts kicked today. I bet they'll return the favor to the Ravens when they meet again. This was the Ravens SB.

If Cam plays like that even half the year he is a shoo-in for ROTY....all the Panthers need to get is about 7 wins and Cam will be God down there

Green Bay next week will be a serious test for Carolina. But if Cam performs well, the sky could be the limit for them.

The Steelers did get their butts kicked today. I bet they'll return the favor to the Ravens when they meet again. This was the Ravens SB.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. They'll probably beat them in Pittsburgh later in the season. Thats a good rivalry though. Always enjoy watching those games.

Green Bay next week will be a serious test for Carolina. But if Cam performs well, the sky could be the limit for them.

Right. This will be a good test for them and Newton.

If Cam plays like that even half the year he is a shoo-in for ROTY....all the Panthers need to get is about 7 wins and Cam will be God down there

Newton deserves the plaudits, I was among those who thought he'd look far more raw out of the gate.

But it's worth noting that while everyone was exclaiming over Cam, Kevin "Philly Fleeced the Cardinals!" Kolb actually put up the same completion ratio, the same ypc, threw no interceptions (unlike Newton)...and won the game.

Good teams do have bad days. The Steelers had a bad day. A very bad day. The Ravens looked downright nasty. Assuming they stay healthy, they're going to be a real problem in the AFC.

Newton deserves the plaudits, I was among those who thought he'd look far more raw out of the gate.

But it's worth noting that while everyone was exclaiming over Cam, Kevin "Philly Fleeced the Cardinals!" Kolb actually put up the same completion ratio, the same ypc, threw no interceptions (unlike Newton)...and won the game.
Newton looked great on his debut. Sometimes a performance like that sets an unrealistic expectation and well, it was the Cardinals defense.

I'm a Newton-mocker but you can't take anything away from that performance today.

Last edited:
Both Harbaugh coaches with impressive wins

I swear they look like twins,you can't mistake a Harbaugh :)

Newton looked great on his debut. Sometimes a performance like that sets an unrealistic expectation and well, it was the Cardinals defense.

I'm a Newton-mocker but you can't take anything away from that performance today.

It was Cardinal's defense but he was a rookie. Just like last season when Colt McCoy destroyed our defense as a rookie, he played well the rest of the season against some decent teams.

I think Cam does the same thing. He threw for over 400 yards, 2 pass TDs and a rushing TD with 1 INT in an away game. Thats awesome if you ask me. Guy showed poise and good decision making when he threw the ball.

he might be a punk... but dez bryant sure can catch the ball

It was Cardinal's defense but he was a rookie. Just like last season when Colt McCoy destroyed our defense as a rookie, he played well the rest of the season against some decent teams.

I think Cam does the same thing. He threw for over 400 yards, 2 pass TDs and a rushing TD with 1 INT in an away game. Thats awesome if you ask me. Guy showed poise and good decision making when he threw the ball.
I'm not disagreeing that it was a bloody impressive performance no matter who the opposition.

Last edited:
Really? The Saints?

Just because a team loses the first game doesn't mean the season is over!

And well done to Collins for throwing a TD! Shame the Texans are way in front!

yeah, hehe, I think we are more dangerous on offense than we were in 2009.
To constantly fight a 14pt come from behind football game for 3-4 quarters takes serious effort and execution against a really good defense, we humiliated that defense , and having Moore on the field ( who was 2nd only to welker last year in receiving %) might have made a difference or even given us 3 more points.
But it showed us the offense is a complete team, and ready.

Now if we can just figure out what is wrong with the defense that ranked #7 last year and has had 2 bad games ( seahawks,GB) , we really have something.

The kickoff starting LOS controversy might be over for at least a week. So far 3 KO returns for TD's. Last yr week 1 had 1 by Tate.

fans are very overreactionary and didn't realize the 5 yard difference in kickoff distance is negated by the fact the kicking team doesn't get as big of a running start anymore

in other words, your typical fan of any team, in general, is a moron lol

Last edited:
Newton A LOT better than I expected. Wonder if he can keep this up all year.

Which is the best Pregame show for tonight's game that can be watched online..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes