PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Week 1 NFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans and media that love to give all the credit to the winning QB and all the blame to the losing QB will have fun with this tomorrow assuming the score holds up:

$1.1 million Rex Grossman Redskins - 28
$8.5 million Eli Maning Giants - 14

The Giants already have a built-in excuse with all the injuries they've had. But losing to the Redskins... damn.

I swear, if Cam Newton makes this comeback...

Last edited:
Peter King just said Polumalu's contract pushes the Steelers to over $20 million over the 2012 cap. Considering they are going to have to rebuild their defense over the next year or two, that is going to put them in an interesting situation. It might be a case of going for it all this year and the defense might already be too old based on what we saw today.

The skins D looks tough and good. They are just swarming and buzzing about the ball. High motor guys

happy to get a win after 2 dropped tds, a kickoff return td and a horrible int

all that and we escaped, hope that puts the slow starts to rest

Congrats on the win. Nothing is easy for you guys early in the season.

Congrats on the win. Nothing is easy for you guys early in the season.

thanks, man , can't wait till next week at NE

should be fun as almost always

The Giants already have a built-in excuse with all the injuries they've had. But losing to the Redskins... damn.

I swear, if Cam Newton makes this comeback...

it's easy to pick on the redskins, but they were really good today. they are a much improved team and won't be a punching bag for the rest of the league anymore. grossman can throw the short stuff and as long as he doesn't turn the ball over, their defense can do the rest.

it's easy to pick on the redskins, but they were really good today. they are a much improved team and won't be a punching bag for the rest of the league anymore. grossman can throw the short stuff and as long as he doesn't turn the ball over, their defense can do the rest.

They did make Ellie look pretty shaken today. 4 sacks, no TDs and 1 INT. $8.5 million.

When did Michael Vick become a dillusional egomaniac. Just saw his press conference and he said it was good for him to play "Lights Out". He was 14 for 32 for 187 yards and two TDs. That isn't exactly lights out.

When did Michael Vick become a dillusional egomaniac. Just saw his press conference and he said it was good for him to play "Lights Out". He was 14 for 32 for 187 yards and two TDs. That isn't exactly lights out.

become??????

I guess you missed his speech after the Eagles gave him big bucks "there is not a defense that can stop me,even if they slow me down we have other weapons and will run up the score"

Vick: No defense can stop me | Yardbarker.com

The kickoff starting LOS controversy might be over for at least a week. So far 3 KO returns for TD's. Last yr week 1 had 1 by Tate.

Last edited:
I guess you missed his speech after the Eagles gave him big bucks "there is not a defense that can stop me,even if they slow me down we have other weapons and will run up the score"

Vick: No defense can stop me | Yardbarker.com

I saw that. His defenders said his quotes were out of context and he meant that if people tried to stop him, the Eagles have so many weapons that they will be exploited in other areas.

Now it looks like Vick is just starting to show his true colors after acting like a good soldier until he got his new deal.

Cam Newton sure looked good.

He played well for his first NFL game. Looked good passing and distributed the ball pretty well.

Laughing at the people who thinks he's a bust.

Peter King just said Polumalu's contract pushes the Steelers to over $20 million over the 2012 cap. Considering they are going to have to rebuild their defense over the next year or two, that is going to put them in an interesting situation. It might be a case of going for it all this year and the defense might already be too old based on what we saw today.

Never mind the D.....if they don't do something about that offensive line by Next Week....they're in for a world of hurt.....Oh....and Hines Ward is still a punk:rocker:

One thing is for certain about Cam Newton. He has a GREAT arm. Steve Smith will love that.

How bout them Bills?

Cam Newton sure looked good.

He played well for his first NFL game. Looked good passing and distributed the ball pretty well.

Laughing at the people who thinks he's a bust.

If Cam plays like that even half the year he is a shoo-in for ROTY....all the Panthers need to get is about 7 wins and Cam will be God down there

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes