PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Just using a basic logic train which could easily be wrong, I'll guess that it's Tannehill. Saying this about JAG would be a lot more controversy than TB usually invites.

Darlington reported the Titans were Brady’s most likely destination, so that would be my first guess, too.

I’m glad Brady didn’t go to Tennessee. It’s not such a great look going to a team that just eliminated you and went to the AFCCG. That was a team that played above itself in 2019, and there’s a good chance they finish short of that in 2020, even with Brady.

In the end, there’s probably no better scenario for TB12’s legacy than going to a perennial doormat like Tampa and winning it all.

Last edited:
Fwiw, Rapoport claims the Bears made an offer to Brady, according to sources. Of course, Rapoport’s little trick is never caring about the veracity of such sources.

The number of pro-Herbert replies here is remarkable. It’s a great example of the flawed reasoning used by so many people. You’re literally saying you’d walk away from at least one guaranteed Super Bowl in favor of a guy who looked promising, though he went 6-9, and his QB rating was only about 5 points above average. I‘m high on Herbert…I just think it’s crazy how much shiny, gold objects cause people to lose their reasoning powers.

The number of pro-Herbert replies here is remarkable. It’s a great example of the flawed reasoning used by so many people. You’re literally saying you’d walk away from at least one guaranteed Super Bowl in favor of a guy who looked promising, though he went 6-9, and his QB rating was only about 5 points above average. I‘m high on Herbert…I just think it’s crazy how much shiny, gold objects cause people to lose their reasoning powers.

Chargers fans don't know what a SB win feels like.

You haven’t won a Super Bowl in 55 chances, and the universal odds every year is about 3%. So why take at least one in the next three seasons when you might win the next 15 with option 2?

Last edited:
Yeah. I think Tanny. We know Brady hates Miami and Tanny is pretty awful. He is also close with Mike and the Titans did extend Tanny too.

I wonder if Brady will ever have a relationship with the Patriots organization again. I would really hate for him to become Tampa Bay Buccaneers great Tom Brady. People will always associate him with the Patriots but letting the GOAT leave and potentially never repairing that relationship would sting.

I wonder if Brady will ever have a relationship with the Patriots organization again. I would really hate for him to become Tampa Bay Buccaneers great Tom Brady. People will always associate him with the Patriots but letting the GOAT leave and potentially never repairing that relationship would sting.

Kraft and Brady seem to be fine. Not sure about BB. He'll retire as a Patriot.

Kraft and Brady seem to be fine. Not sure about BB. He'll retire as a Patriot.

I wouldn't assume that if Brady wins another ring with Tampa that he'd retire a Patriot. Its very possible he either just retires outright or signs a 1 day contract with the Bucs since his current teammates would be more relevant to his recent accomplishments. Plus getting to stick it to Bill too...

I wouldn't assume that if Brady wins another ring with Tampa that he'd retire a Patriot. Its very possible he either just retires outright or signs a 1 day contract with the Bucs since his current teammates would be more relevant to his recent accomplishments. Plus getting to stick it to Bill too...

I doubt that. Technically he's already stuck it to BB by winning a championship without him. Things will calm down after they're both retired.

I doubt that. Technically he's already stuck it to BB by winning a championship without him.
And what's funny about that is that local sports talk radio immediately pivoted to the insane position of "But Bill can even things up if he wins a title before he retires".

About 90% of the board soundly rejected the argument last year that the Patriots should sign Brady, regardless of competitive considerations, so he would finish his career in NE and have a legacy of only being a Patriot. The amount of snottiness around that subject and extreme arrogance that Bill is always right and ToM iS dONe was outright ridiculous. Most Patriots fans do not deserve to have Brady identify solely as a Patriot. That was clear from their NeXt mAn Up attitude.

I’m thankful he played for the Patriots. He should rightfully identify with both teams when he’s through playing and he will. There’s no way he’ll ever put the Patriots over the Bucs when he talks about the two franchises. That‘s how it works. Fans can figure out the rest of it. It’s obvious to me he’ll always be a Patriot first, but he won’t say that.

Also, players don’t do 1-day contracts in the NFL…maybe in some cases, but it means nothing and is irrelevant to Canton.

When Peyton retired he did not spend one moment doing anything with the Colts. It was all with the Broncos people. Obviously Favre wanted nothing to do with the Packers when he retired. I don’t know what Montana did when he retired. I hope Brady does something involving the Pats when he hangs it up but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t, the greats in his position before him didn’t. I would hope the Patriots waive the 5 year waiting period and give him a Red Jacket the very first year of his retirement.

Honestly don’t expect him to really ever be in Boston once he retires. He obviously loved the Patriots and the fans but it’s pretty clear he was never in love with the city like say a David Ortiz. Which is fine, it doesn’t make me like him one ounce less. He is indisputably the best athlete in the history of New England Sports. But he’s gonna be a permanent New York City/Southern Cal resident the moment he’s done.

About 90% of the board soundly rejected the argument last year that the Patriots should sign Brady, regardless of competitive considerations, so he would finish his career in NE and have a legacy of only being a Patriot. The amount of snottiness around that subject and extreme arrogance that Bill is always right and ToM iS dONe was outright ridiculous. Most Patriots fans do not deserve to have Brady identify solely as a Patriot. That was clear from their NeXt mAn Up attitude.

I’m thankful he played for the Patriots. He should rightfully identify with both teams when he’s through playing and he will. There’s no way he’ll ever put the Patriots over the Bucs when he talks about the two franchises. That‘s how it works. Fans can figure out the rest of it. It’s obvious to me he’ll always be a Patriot first, but he won’t say that.

Also, players don’t do 1-day contracts in the NFL…maybe in some cases, but it means nothing and is irrelevant to Canton.
The dynamic is interesting, isn't it? Fans didn't want him anymore cause of "Patriot Way" and then when he moves they are butt hurt that the Pats are not #1 in his heart anymore.

Honestly, I could care less. I am happy he is having success in Tampa. I hate that he didn't retire a Patriot but we all know why and just have to stow it. His time here is what made him the GOAT and that will always be remembered fondly.

It’s outright embarrassing that Belichick wouldn’t even say the men’s name when he was FINALLY asked point blank by a reporter if he had sent a message of congratulations to Brady just like he did for Jimmy G. Which tells me he didn’t.
People who think that Belichick is all about the team and doesn't hold grudges isn't paying attention.

People who think that Belichick is all about the team and doesn't hold grudges isn't paying attention.

The narrative that he only does what’s best for the team in order to win in the field exploded to pieces when a starting defensive player who played 98% of all snaps across 18 games didn’t see a single one in the Super Bowl for still undisclosed reasons that no teammates know.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back