PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, Stafford is a loser and will fold with his teams getting more prime time games. D is overrated and was a feel good story with a bunch of no names after Donald and Ramsey.

Looking forward to this train wreck. Rarely in sports do you find a player who perfectly defines loser.

1618630658258.png

1618630607222.png

Looking forward to this train wreck. Rarely in sports do you find a player who perfectly defines loser.

View attachment 32200

View attachment 32199
Seems like a great experiment about nature versus nurture...
th_coffee.gif

Awesome breakdown here. I was enjoying another read through of the SB55 pregame thread on Chiefs Planet and someone made a comment that was echoed, at least implicitly, by the national media: Bowles is no Belichick and doesn‘t know how to gameplan for tendencies.

This guy does a great job showing just how brilliant the gameplan was. Here are a few highlights:

• The three games where Bowles blitzed least in his career were all against Andy Reid and the Chiefs.
  • The two high safety scheme, however, was really unique for the Bucs and Bowles and a total shock to the Chiefs. They didn’t seem to have any answer and kept throwing deep despite that coverage.
  • The schemes were much more complex than simply the position of the safeties and lack of blitzing. The corners handed off coverage really well and slid over; the entire defense anticipated that Mahomes would get flushed out of the pocket immediately, and the linemen purposely made him go in a certain direction.

If a team is looking for a head coach, I think Bowles is going to be a great one. You can’t judge him for not winning with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith with the worst organization in the league. He handled himself really well with the NY press though and his leadership skills were obvious. Give this guy a competitive team (with a real QB) and he’s going to excel.

Maybe Bowles is just a good DC and not HC material, whereas BB is both.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am finding Gronk tiresome at best. The late retirement that likely deliberately screwed up the Jared Cook deal, coming back and ruining his trade value, and constant jabbing at the Pats. Thanks for the memories but he can go rot
I'm not sure that we're in the minority concerning Gronk. He didn't handle his "retirement" well at all. He also kept inferring that he might be coming back which left Pats fans dangling. I got sick of that very quickly.

Someone has to repeat...2011 Packers, 2014 Seahawks, 2015 Patriots, 2017 Patriots, 2020 Chiefs. That’s a hell of a group of teams that didn’t win but sure were good enough to win.
It would be really strange if the team that finally repeats the Pats back to back SB wins from 03-04 with Brady as the QB is a different one that also has Brady as the QB, only 17 years later. That would give Team Tom a huge advantage over Team Bill.

With this FA and Kraft's comments being any indication, I'm gaining confidence that we'll see a different type of draft his year.
It better be.

I have no doubt Kraft’s comments was a shot across the bow that things better improve. He is not a strong owner- the “good of the 32” embarrassment proves that and if Brady and the Bucs repeat...the pressure will be on.

It better be.

I have no doubt Kraft’s comments was a shot across the bow that things better improve. He is not a strong owner- the “good of the 32” embarrassment proves that and if Brady and the Bucs repeat...the pressure will be on.
I just don’t see Bill sitting back in this draft after an aggressive FA.

I see a trade up for someone with at least their first two picks and we’ll see more “name” players.

What I’ve noticed over the years from Draft broadcasts is that the info/highlight clips of the Pats draftees are either extremely short or nothing at all. It’s extremely frustrating when broadcasts skip over Pats picks because they don’t know what so say about them. And I’m referring to 2nd and beyond.

It would be really strange if the team that finally repeats the Pats back to back SB wins from 03-04 with Brady as the QB is a different one that also has Brady as the QB, only 17 years later. That would give Team Tom a huge advantage over Team Bill.
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. The thing is, Brady is the most equipped QB to actually do it with the team he has around him and his competitive attitude which is contagious to the entire team.

BUCS have been killing it in the draft since 2015. They are ranked 3rd but since the top 2 hasn't won a SB, I think the Bucs have a strong case for #1.

As has been evident to us, BB hasn't been doing well at 18. My opinion is that NE drafting since 2015 should be somewhere below 20.

One of those pictures where you see Tom and think "THAT'S the G.O.A.T. in the NFL? Come on. You're bullshitting me, right? That looks like the scrawny dude who lives a few houses down on my street."

BUCS have been killing it in the draft since 2015. They are ranked 3rd but since the top 2 hasn't won a SB, I think the Bucs have a strong case for #1.

As has been evident to us, BB hasn't been doing well at 18. My opinion is that NE drafting since 2015 should be somewhere below 20.
So weird to see Bill at #18. It is starting to become crystal clear why Brady chose Tampa Bay. He must have been following Licht and his great roster building the last several years and knew the talent was there. I would imagine Arians was the last piece to sell him wanting to go there.

One thing I admire is his ability to navigate certain questions carefully on the spot. There's no way I could do that. I'd be viral hot take after hot take.
I agree. He never gets enough credit for that. With just a couple of sentences he made White feel special and also motivated Gio to want to get to work. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes