PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think how Brady must feel. Every year he was in NE, he watched FA after FA walk out the door especially after we won SBs because Bill didn't believe in paying second contracts because "the system." Brady has to be beyond thrilled. What a chance he has in front of him to actually have a better season than last year.
Brady should be an MVP contender this year. The draft for Tampa is House Money

To be fair, the 10 year drought also never happens if the officials don't steal the 2006 AFCCG from the Patriots, or the officials call any of about a half dozen obvious penalties against the Giants on the helmet catch play.
2006 the calls were absolutely atrocious. I still can't get over the made up "face guarding" penalty.

2007: the non holding call and then the not calling in the grasp still haunts me today.

Brady should be an MVP contender this year. The draft for Tampa is House Money
I agree. 50 Tds is on the table maybe more given it is a 17 game season. He already has the offense worked out to his liking, a coach that will let him do what he wants and ALL his targets back except for AB who is probably coming soon. Never has a defending champ had so much stock in their corner. You are right. The draft is a luxury right now.

Last edited:
Only AB remains. Not technically a starter but I’m shocked he hasn’t been pursued by other teams. He missed so much time...came in week 10 with no off season, new system, played 9 games (playoffs incl) 53 recs, 6 TDs. If he plays all year...that’s over 10 tds 100 recs as a wr3

Ehh... 2003 and 2004 Patriots were almost the same.

2004 Pats got a lot better on offense from 2003 but lost so many defensive starters to injuries that it’s amazing that the team as a whole held up.

2004 Pats got a lot better on offense from 2003 but lost so many defensive starters to injuries that it’s amazing that the team as a whole held up.
2003 offense: Brady, Smith, Faulk, Pass, Brown, Branch, Givens, Graham, Fauria, Light, Woody, Koppen, Andruzzi, Ashworth
2004 offense: Brady, Dillon, Faulk, Pass, Brown, Branch, Givens, Graham, Fauria, Light, Koppen, Andruzzi, Neal, Ashworth/Gorin

2003 defense: Harrison, Wilson, Law, Poole, Samuel, Bruschi, Pfifer, McGinest, Vrabel, Chatham, Johnson, Hamilton, Seymour, Washington, Warren
2004 defense: Harrison, Wilson, Law, Poole/Gay, Samuel, Bruschi, McGinest, Vrabel, Chatham, Johnson, Colvin, Seymour, Traylor, Warren

So, while it wasn't quite Bucs 2020-2021, it was largely the same team coming back.

Only AB remains. Not technically a starter but I’m shocked he hasn’t been pursued by other teams. He missed so much time...came in week 10 with no off season, new system, played 9 games (playoffs incl) 53 recs, 6 TDs. If he plays all year...that’s over 10 tds 100 recs as a wr3

AB is a wildcard and still has a reputation of being a headcase. sure he pulled it together for half a season. but I'm sure teams are still wary of what happened on the steelers/raiders/patriots.

although I am surprised some team hasnt taken a flier on him.

I’m finding the whole “well look at how arrogant the Chiefs were with their season long attitude of being vocal about repeating and running it back. It sure backfired on them!” And how that means it’s gonna hurt the Bucs too. Umm, they won 14 games, intentionally lost one or the two they lost, and made it to the Super Bowl. And yeah they lost because of a combination of injuries and the fact that the Bucs were playing better football than them. It happens. But they talked the talked, if you make it to the Championship you had one hell of a successful season.

BB will trade the first pick for like 3 2's and a couple of 3's.

not a terrible thing to do if there are no obvious picks at 15, or any of the top 5 QBs. 2nd and 3rd rounds are loaded with talent

Thats going to be a scary f***ing team to play. Seem motivated too.

Thats going to be a scary f***ing team to play. Seem motivated too.
They only put it together towards the end of the season. Motivation there to continue or even get better. This offense could threaten records and there’s motivation there. Also, it will be the first time in a while they will have played in front of a packed stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes