PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't blame Montana. Maybe I am in the minority, but he is a competitor and probably DID see himself as the GOAT.
Yea, Joe was the GOAT for a long time. He knows how hard it was to play for another team and try to win it all (he came close).

Brady's blowing up all the records. Every day he plays it's a new record (has over 100).

Brady doesn't have a losing record against any NFL team (going .500 against Turdinals, Donkeys & Seachickens). If he bests the Pats, he'd join Favre, Peyton and Brees as only ones to beat all 32 teams.

Yea, Joe was the GOAT for a long time. He knows how hard it was to play for another team and try to win it all (he came close).

Brady's blowing up all the records. Every day he plays it's a new record (has over 100).

Brady doesn't have a losing record against any NFL team (going .500 against Turdinals, Donkeys & Seachickens). If he bests the Pats, he'd join Favre, Peyton and Brees as only ones to beat all 32 teams.
Thanks Gostkowski (2012) and Goodell (2016) for the .500 against the Cardinals. And thanks Chris Harper for the .500 against the Broncos.

Golden Tate and AB can be signed for a combined half of what the tag would be for Godwin. Let the guy walk and keep David and Barrett

Tate is finished i feel. I think brady wants Godwin to stay. He can inside and outside and he’s a young player.

AN can do that, I just want them to keep that defense together. A full year with Vae and a second year of Winfield that’s a top 5 defense right there

Tate is finished i feel. I think brady wants Godwin to stay. He can inside and outside and he’s a young player.

Yep...inside and outside is big. That’s why it’s hard to find a replacement. Even though Godwin and Brady searched all season for that connection, it got ugly when Godwin was injured.

JJ Watt just got $15M. Barrett will get more, even though Watt can play 3-4 DE and dominate the run too (when healthy). Ear pinning pass rushers are the biggest scam going.

Yep...inside and outside is big. That’s why it’s hard to find a replacement. Even though Godwin and Brady searched all season for that connection, it got ugly when Godwin was injured.

JJ Watt just got $15M. Barrett will get more, even though Watt can play 3-4 DE and dominate the run too (when healthy). Ear pinning pass rushers are the biggest scam going.

Barrett is not even worth all that money. His numbers will take a nose dive if he leaves tampa but he will have some sucker give him 17 to 18 million dollars. The Bucs can get someone on the cheap around 10 to 13 million dollars. Someone will jump at the opportunity to win a championship. I think vernon can be a nice replacement for a year.

If Pats are looking to trade Gilmore (me no like), the Bucs should try to get him. An elite veteran would help that secondary enormously.

Unfortunately, they'll eat up their cap space trying to sign their own FAs. They currently have 6 players taking up 50% of the cap. Maybe let both Barrett and Godwin walk and find cheaper replacements?

Last edited:
Golden Tate and AB can be signed for a combined half of what the tag would be for Godwin. Let the guy walk and keep David and Barrett

Not having looked at stats but seen every TB game last season -- Godwin doesn't feel like a Top 5 receiver or anything special. I would take AB (if a cut-friendly deal) and Tate; and if Edelman gets cut, sign him up to for vet-min as an Amendola-type-role

Not having looked at stats but seen every TB game last season -- Godwin doesn't feel like a Top 5 receiver or anything special. I would take AB (if a cut-friendly deal) and Tate; and if Edelman gets cut, sign him up to for vet-min as an Amendola-type-role
I think they need Godwin since you can't rely on AB. Let's say AB gets himself suspended again (a reasonable possibility) - then they're just left with Evans in terms of top tier weapons. Don't know how much Tate has left in him as he's at the age that receivers tend to drop off. That means if Evans gets taken away (either though a bad match-up or through scheme), offense can be in a situation where they can't move the ball.

Godwin would be my number 1 priority if I'm Tampa, followed closely by David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes