PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucs O will have an easier time. I predict at least 30 points. They are 10 or 11 and zero when they score at least 30.

The Bucs D will be the toughest the Chiefs face this season. The D is much better now then when they met in week 12. They have as many high impact players on D as they do on O. There is Vea, Suh, JP, Shaq, Lavonte, Devin, and Winfield. Their corners seem to be playing much better too.

It's a head scratcher that most of the pundits predict the Chiefs to win. I just don't see it.
I agree. The better D usually wins these types of games.

I need to hear some good news on Winfield and Brown today

How do gurus see the match-ups in the secondary? Dean didn't play in Week 12. I see Dean on Hill because of his speed w/ safety help.
CD3 on Kelce. CD3 is the best CB and Kelce doesn't have the breakout speed Hill has.
SMB on Watkins. Who covers Hardman, who is a burner?

Damn, they have so many weapons.
Pretty much as you said. When Hardman is on the field you have SMB cover him. and a safety and LB on Kelce, but the LB wouldn't play back. They would press at the line and disrupt the route. Just my thoughts.

For all you salty Brady haters, he still loves you. Like JFC, TFB has nothing but love in his heart.

Reflecting today on his two decades with the Patriots, Brady said it was a great experience — and that he appreciates the many Patriots fans who have said they’re rooting for him to get Super Bowl ring No. 7 on Sunday.

“Any time you change teams you don’t know how it’s going to go, but there’s been incredible support from the team I used to play for, all the New England fans,” he said. “I have a lot of love for Boston and all of New England. Incredible support over the years. It was an amazing two decades of my life.”

Someone get this message to @TommyBrady12 so he can stop sleeping under a bridge and come home already.

I need to hear some good news on Winfield and Brown today

Winfield is a go for Sunday, Brown practiced today (limited) but progressing well for Sunday. Whitehead is still a question mark.
For all you salty Brady haters, he still loves you. Like JFC, TFB has nothing but love in his heart.

Reflecting today on his two decades with the Patriots, Brady said it was a great experience — and that he appreciates the many Patriots fans who have said they’re rooting for him to get Super Bowl ring No. 7 on Sunday.

“Any time you change teams you don’t know how it’s going to go, but there’s been incredible support from the team I used to play for, all the New England fans,” he said. “I have a lot of love for Boston and all of New England. Incredible support over the years. It was an amazing two decades of my life.”

Someone get this message to @TommyBrady12 so he can stop sleeping under a bridge and come home already.

Him and Gronk refuse to even be bothered or give any soundbites. AB too, actually. Smart.

I agree. The better D usually wins these types of games.
As much as I love Brady, for the most part it was how the D played n the 4th quarter or OT that determined whether the Patriots won or not.

Pretty much in all his previous 9 SB, Brady and the O did just enough to win. When the D held late in the games they won 6. When the D could not hold late in the games, they lost 3.

I'm hoping for a TB easy win, but likely it will be another nailbuter.

As much as I love Brady, for the most part it was how the D played n the 4th quarter or OT that determined whether the Patriots won or not.

Pretty much in all his previous 9 SB, Brady and the O did just enough to win. When the D held late in the games they won 6. When the D could not hold late in the games, they lost 3.

Was the opposite in SB38. The defense was banged up and were getting shelled by Jake Delhomme but the offense did their part.

The D couldn't even hold their own D in Super Bowl 52.

???

2001 the offense mounted the game winning drive to win the game.
2003 the offense had to score a point a minute to even keep up with the sieve defense after the first 29 minutes of the game.
2004 the offense built a 10 point cushion and we just sat back the 4th quarter.
2014 the Patriots offense took the lead and twice the defense crumbled (Butler's miracle is technically a hold).
2016 you're right, the defense did shut down Atlanta.
2018 Yes, again.

???

2001 the offense mounted the game winning drive to win the game.
2003 the offense had to score a point a minute to even keep up with the sieve defense after the first 29 minutes of the game.
2004 the offense built a 10 point cushion and we just sat back the 4th quarter.
2014 the Patriots offense took the lead and twice the defense crumbled (Butler's miracle is technically a hold).
2016 you're right, the defense did shut down Atlanta.
2018 Yes, again.
It's almost like slowly some people are just trying to 'balance' things out and are making no sense themselves. The person you responded to is usually level headed but it's almost as if the amount of pro brady comments are starting to make them believe that everyone thinks it was all Brady when no competent person ever said that. It's a team sport. No one thinks it was all Brady, least of all the man himself.

You need to go back and watch the games. Brady led late 4th quarter drives to win pretty much every SB the pat won. In the loss to the Eagles he put on perhaps the best offensive performance ever in a Super Bowl. In every loss the D gave up late points after brady put the team ahead

For the zillionth time: this is all about money. She’s looking to rummage through the contracts to get his financial information. Once again she’s trying to create a public stir and pressure Brown to settle.

Last edited:
The Bucs O will have an easier time. I predict at least 30 points. They are 10 or 11 and zero when they score at least 30.

The Bucs D will be the toughest the Chiefs face this season. The D is much better now then when they met in week 12. They have as many high impact players on D as they do on O. There is Vea, Suh, JP, Shaq, Lavonte, Devin, and Winfield. Their corners seem to be playing much better too.

It's a head scratcher that most of the pundits predict the Chiefs to win. I just don't see it.
Reid is far better at game adjustment than arians as we saw in the championship game. That might be a big deal in this game.

For the zillionth time: this is all about money. She’s looking to rummage through the contracts to get his financial information. Once again she’s trying to create a public stir and pressure Brown to settle.

I hope these teams don't cooperate as it has nothing to do with them. This chick is reaching big time and it doesn't look good for her. This should've been over a long time ago.

I hope these teams don't cooperate as it has nothing to do with them. This chick is reaching big time and it doesn't look good for her. This should've been over a long time ago.

This is why you don’t represent yourself as a quasi law enforcement agency that investigates crimes for the sole purpose of public relations.

The NFL should have told her from day one: file a police report, and we will gladly cooperate with authorities, turn over any evidence upon request. and consider our own discipline based on their findings.

Based on her lawsuit timing (AB signs with New England) and now this (days before the Super Bowl), it’s almost undeniable that she’s playing the court of public opinion and hoping to get Brown to settle under the pressure. Still no criminal complaint and clearly wants to avoid a court room.

Was the opposite in SB38. The defense was banged up and were getting shelled by Jake Delhomme but the offense did their part.

The D couldn't even hold their own D in Super Bowl 52.
Thanks. I was sort of generalizing. I barely remember SB38 at all lol.

I know the D did not show up at all in SB52 but if they did in the 4th Quarter, NE would have won.

This is why you don’t represent yourself as a quasi law enforcement agency that investigates crimes for the sole purpose of public relations.

The NFL should have told her from day one: file a police report, and we will gladly cooperate with authorities, turn over any evidence upon request. and consider our own discipline based on their findings.

Based on her lawsuit timing (AB signs with New England) and now this (days before the Super Bowl), it’s almost undeniable that she’s playing the court of public opinion and hoping to get Brown to settle under the pressure. Still no criminal complaint and clearly wants to avoid a court room.
The timing makes her look really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back