PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa's winning the super bowl no question.

The longer this run goes on the more foolish Belichick is starting to look. It must kill him the guy he wanted to trade years ago lit it up this year and is on his way to win another super bowl.

The Chiefs should win, they have the better quarterback, better weapons, better coach and they've been there and done it.

Not if Tom keeps ****ting the bed. Three turnovers against the Chiefs will be the Yucs' death knell.
200.gif

Not if Tom keeps ****ting the bed. Three turnovers against the Chiefs will be the Yucs' death knell.
I think that's the Bruce Arians version of the punt. Some bad throws for sure but what were they doing? It's not only this game either. I guess go big or go home. Reid isn't dumb. Arians NEVER runs on 3rd and short unless it's just 1 yard and he runs straight ahead most of the time on 1st down. These things can't continue.

On the other hand, Tom just **** the bed with 3 picks, they were without AB and Winfield, and they just beat a 13-3 on the road against a QB with 50 TDs and 5 INTs.

Tom also played poorly against the Chiefs earlier this year, tossing two INTs, while Mahomes went 37-49, 462 yards, and 3 TDs. The Chiefs won 27-24.

The Bucs have a ridiculously high ceiling.

I think that's the Bruce Arians version of the punt. Some bad throws for sure but what were they doing? It's not only this game either. I guess go big or go home. Reid isn't dumb. Arians NEVER runs on 3rd and short unless it's just 1 yard and he runs straight ahead most of the time on 1st down. These things can't continue.

Especially with an eleven point lead. Time to burn the clock.

The Chiefs defense has been really good last week and tonight. They’ll need to be even better in the Super Bowl to have a chance against the Bucs.

The Bucs defense is playing really well too. I like them by 10 right now.

How many fans will they allow in tampa?

The Chiefs defense has been really good last week and tonight. They’ll need to be even better in the Super Bowl to have a chance against the Bucs.

The Bucs have a chance. It’s critical to have a good start offensively.

Loved this clip highlighting Tom’s trust in a rookie and the non-marquee stars on this scoring drive. Turns out if you’re good, you earn trust.

Which flies in the face that brady doesn't like young guys.

He simply didn't like OUR young guys. And who can blame him.

Selling out for what? Where did we "sell out"? Where are the massive "win now" contracts? Give me a break. Only Gilmore was a pricey acquisition and with a DPOY he was worth it. Noone else. And Brady himself wasn't expensive. We didn't "sell out". We already have the largest cap space of any team. This is just BB blabbering nonsense trying to hide his own crappy drafts and FA busts.
We are up against the cap this year during the free agent signing period. Look at the cap picture and realize that we did sell out.

$24.5m for Gost, Michael Bennett, Antonio Brown, Harmon, Brady dead money.
$34m for Edelman and Gilmore
$51m White, McCourtyx2, Guy, JJones, Thuney, Mason

& this doesn't even count the $33m from our Covid opt outs.

We were $29m under the cap this year. If you add in the Covid guys, you'd need to shave off $4m in salary.

If you kept Brady at the contract they offered, they would have had to shave off $29m by cutting a lot of players.

With Brady, it would have cost them $152m for 13 players. That would have left $36m for the next 38 players under 51.

As it was, without Brady & the Covid guys, the Patriots spent $149m for the top 51 players.

Last edited:
I can't ever recall rooting so hard in the playoffs for any team other than the Pats. I've rooted against some teams here and there, Indy and the Ratbirds recently, but I've never pulled for another team as much as I did for the Bucs today.

Thanks Tom for giving this Pats fan something to be happy about during our worst season in 20 years. And thanks also to @PatsBoy12 for coming up with this fantastic thread.

We are up against the cap this year during the free agent signing period. Look at the cap picture and realize that we did sell out.

$24.5m for Gost, Michael Bennett, Antonio Brown, Harmon, Brady dead money.
$34m for Edelman and Gilmore
$51m White, McCourtyx2, Guy, JJones, Thuney, Mason

& this doesn't even count the $33m from our Covid opt outs.

We were $29m under the cap this year. If you add in the Covid guys, you'd need to shave off $4m in salary.

If you kept Brady at the contract they offered, they would have had to shave off $29m by cutting a lot of players.

With Brady, it would have cost them $152m for 13 players. That would have left $36m for the next 38 players under 51.

As it was, without Brady & the Covid guys, the Patriots spent $149m for the top 51 players.
Tell douche bag Merloni that, he can't seem to understand that.

AB and Winfield didnt play today either two key guys they're getting back. KC lost their starting tackle today as well and Vita Vea showed why he is the best defensive player on the Bucs today

Tom was perfect in the first half its 60 minute game

It's going to be tough to beat KC because I don't think Bowles is going to change how he covers Hill and Kelce. You need some FGs and pray for a few punts. The drops on offense have to stop and I'm not too fond of the long shots on 3rd down from mid field. I know it's like a punt but can't they run something in between? AB needs to come back.

They just need to play them like they played them for the last 3 quarter of the regular season game!

KC scored only 10 points and Mahomes had only like 110 yards passing the last 3 quarters!

They just need to double Hill. Not put Davis one on one

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye