PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting tired of this nonsense. Brady didn't want money he wanted years and he didn't join an all star team either.
Yes, because what happened roughly speaking is nonsense. Brady wanted more cash and that was widely reported. It wasn't like he said "Please Bill, let me stay... I'll take the league minimum and teach your sons to coach even better."

Brady was done here and Bill was done with Brady. It was a divorce after a great marriage. Let's remember the good times rather than try to make this complicated falling out -- over valid reasons from both side's perspectives -- into an attack on either GOAT.

All this being said, I know you'll just attack because those who write such a short and dismissive reply aren't interested in facts or discussion - just cheap victory laps for low effort troll posts.

I'm getting tired of this nonsense. Brady didn't want money he wanted years and he didn't join an all star team either.

I mean their top receivers are Mike evans, Godwin, antonio brown. Any of those would be our #1 receiver. And they have scottie miller who is a solid receiver. Then they have Gronkowski and brate at tight end. Leonard fournette at RB

Their defense is also loaded with big names like such and JPP.

Probably one of the most talented rosters in the nfl on paper

Yes, because what happened roughly speaking is nonsense. Brady wanted more cash and that was widely reported. It wasn't like he said "Please Bill, let me stay... I'll take the league minimum and teach your sons to coach even better."

Brady was done here and Bill was done with Brady. It was a divorce after a great marriage. Let's remember the good times rather than try to make this complicated falling out -- over valid reasons from both side's perspectives -- into an attack on either GOAT.

All this being said, I know you'll just attack because those who write such a short and dismissive reply aren't interested in facts or discussion - just cheap victory laps for low effort troll posts.
This is problem with the media isn't it? People like you can just read a few articles and not look at the last few years to have a better understanding of how this all began. If you think this was about money just go sit in the corner.

If you play right on him he'll beat you everytime. It was very painful watching them play 10 yards off though because there's 0 for Mahomes to think about. It also seems like KC runs some very specific plays over and over and over again. What Kelce did underneath was criminal. BB probably screaming at the TV watching how people play them. We had the secondary to beat that team for **** sakes!! Had to let Brady walk. Couldn't rebuild the offense and give him a few years!!!!!!!! Anyways.

Playing off is the worse. Have the safety on top. I doubt hill will be getting 200 yards again. The most important part for the Bucs will be getting pressure on mahomes.

They need to find a way to get Scotty Miller and AB on the field at the same time. Not all the time but I think Miller is too valuable to sit on the sidelines all day aside from 4-5 snaps.

I mean their top receivers are Mike evans, Godwin, antonio brown. Any of those would be our #1 receiver. And they have scottie miller who is a solid receiver. Then they have Gronkowski and brate at tight end. Leonard fournette at RB

Yeah a 7 win team was loaded. He saw that team and thought superbowl. ************. wtf is wrong with people. Most talented 7 win team in the NFL last year.

Along with KC. Definitely.

Bill rebuilds a contending team in 3 years and all will be well. No reason to expect any less.

Pats move on with a new GM and HC if he fails.

And if Bill doesn't? If we have another losing season in 2021 and 2022? What then?

Can we can his arrogant ***?

Yeah a 7 win team was loaded. He saw that team and thought superbowl. ************. wtf is wrong with people. Most talented 7 win team in the NFL last year.

Alot of that is due to jamous winston be and his 30 interceptions. You can't tell me they don't have the best collection of skill players next to KC.

Any of evans, Godwin or brown would be a #1 on most teams

I agree with most of your post with Bill's treatment of Brady. But one thing is missing from your narrative: if Brady gets signed for more cash -- i.e. what he's worth -- then the team's talent struggles only get worse.

We've been reloading and "selling out" (as you put it) for so long, there just wasn't much left of being a top tier club since we were in dire need of an organic rebuild through the draft and freeing up of cap space. At the end of this season, we have what is best described as a bottom five roster. With Brady on the team, I can't see the roster being anything but worse at this point.

Bill did not treat Brady the best. But Brady was also growing very agitated for years at a lack of explosive talent. And beyond bad drafting, our success doomed us to not having the salary cap space to pursue the types of weapons Brady now has in Tampa.

For all the people surprised by Tampa's run, I'm honestly confused. Brady exited a team with minimal talent and fell into a roster with an all star cast. Of course Brady had a turnaround. The question is, if Brady plays for three more seasons, will Tampa also get ravaged by the salary cap to the degree Brady starts to get fed up?

All in all, both sides got what they wanted: Bill got to retool a roster he didn't believe could win with Brady anymore and Brady got a chance to win more championships with a talented roster. Maybe everyone won, in the end.

Selling out for what? Where did we "sell out"? Where are the massive "win now" contracts? Give me a break. Only Gilmore was a pricey acquisition and with a DPOY he was worth it. Noone else. And Brady himself wasn't expensive. We didn't "sell out". We already have the largest cap space of any team. This is just BB blabbering nonsense trying to hide his own crappy drafts and FA busts.

I tend to agree that he wanted a long-term commitment, but he absolutely went to an all-star team.

That Bucs’ team is absurdly talented across the board. Lots of parallels to the 2013-2015 Broncos, except the Bucs have better LBs.

Playing off is the worse. Have the safety on top. I doubt hill will be getting 200 yards again. The most important part for the Bucs will be getting pressure on mahomes.
I agree on the pressure, it will be necessary and that's how crazy good Hill is that we have to 'doubt' he won't go for 200.

If you play right on him he'll beat you everytime. It was very painful watching them play 10 yards off though because there's 0 for Mahomes to think about. It also seems like KC runs some very specific plays over and over and over again. What Kelce did underneath was criminal. BB probably screaming at the TV watching how people play them. We had the secondary to beat that team for **** sakes!! Had to let Brady walk. Couldn't rebuild the offense and give him a few years!!!!!!!! Anyways.

Kelce ran free a lot. Someone needed to at least try to knock him off his route.

They need to find a way to get Scotty Miller and AB on the field at the same time. Not all the time but I think Miller is too valuable to sit on the sidelines all day aside from 4-5 snaps.

They are high on Johnson.

I tend to agree that he wanted a long-term commitment, but he absolutely went to an all-star team.

That Bucs’ team is absurdly talented across the board. Lots of parallels to the 2013-2015 Broncos, except the Bucs have better LBs.
I disagree wholeheartedly on the all star team but at least I know you have some idea what you are talking about. These new trolls talking about Brady demands and this and that I've had enough. Just like I've had enough of the other side of the media like this Curran clown and Skip Bayless who are only adding flames to all of this playing the other side.

An “all star team” that won 7 games the year before? AB and Fournette were there for anyone to grab. Gronk has been solid but not a major contributor for most of the year.

Kelce ran free a lot. Someone needed to at least try to knock him off his route.
They seemed to have White on him and he had a hard time. Whatever BB did the last 2 years against them needs to be studied. Absolutely have to knock him off his route as you say.

Agree. Except it is not on paper. They have aleeady proven that they are the number 1 or 2 talented team in the NFL.

Tampa's winning the super bowl no question.

The longer this run goes on the more foolish Belichick is starting to look. It must kill him the guy he wanted to trade years ago lit it up this year and is on his way to win another super bowl.
Not if Tom keeps ****ting the bed. Three turnovers against the Chiefs will be the Yucs' death knell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots