PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don’t see the Saints running on them with any level of success. The Bucs have a **** pass defense, mostly because of the scheme, but a stout run D. This game will fall on Brees, his noodle arm, and his 57 injured ribs.

Yet toilet bowles will have his corners playing 7 yards off the receiver. No bumping them off their route. If he plays zone 70 percent of the time they will get destroyed. He’s doing brees a favor.

Yet toilet bowles will have his corners playing 7 yards off the receiver. No bumping them off their route. If he plays zone 70 percent of the time they will get destroyed. He’s doing brees a favor.
I don’t think they’ll get destroyed but they will have to score over 38 points to win. Off coverage with corners taking outside shade makes zero sense against Brees.

Maybe. But that is also how I thought the Bills would play last night as they have been doing soft zone all year and they came up and challenged Lamar at the line from snap one. I really hope Tampa comes with a similar game plan. With no Hill, the Saints offense is limited with just Brees under center especially in short yardage and red zone.

i think saints will have a hard time scoring. their offense has been plateaued and bucs are peaking. Their oline is also holding up well and gronk is blocking like old. That is a big factor vs the saints defense. It really is up to arians to not screw this up . It might be that close if bucs play to their potential.

Saints scored 34+ points 4 times this year, 2 of them were against the Bucs. Saints have the Bucs number and historically Brees outplays Brady in games against each other. Brees is 5-2 with 3 blowouts in games against Brady.

Saints scored 34+ points 4 times this year, 2 of them were against the Bucs. Saints have the Bucs number and historically Brees outplays Brady in games against each other. Brees is 5-2 with 3 blowouts in games against Brady.
Two of which came more than a decade ago (2005 and 2009, respectively). Brees has never played Brady in the playoffs either. One of those two has the tendency to come up small in big situations. I’ll let you guess which one that is.

Brees is 5-2 with 3 blowouts in games against Brady.

One of Brady's wins vs NO was last-second with Kenbrill Tompkins making the only notable reception of his career.

One of Brady's wins vs NO was last-second with Kenbrill Tompkins making the only notable reception of his career.
If we're going to go there, an argument can be made it's a reflection on Bill's game plans against Brees as he routinely shred's the D.

But yes, Brady could've played better in some of those games.

Today’s win will be more notable than that. :)

Today’s win will be more notable than that. :)

Things that I am worried about if I were both teams:

New Orleans:

-Brees' ability to push the ball downfield.

-loss of Taysom Hill

Tampa:

-The Bucs facing a real team (both offensively and defensively) for the first time since November.

-How will the Bucs respond when they get punched in the mouth?

-soft coverage on the backend

Things that I am worried about if I were both teams:

New Orleans:

-Brees' ability to push the ball downfield.

-loss of Taysom Hill

Tampa:

-The Bucs facing a real team (both offensively and defensively) for the first time since November.

-How will the Bucs respond when they get punched in the mouth?

-soft coverage on the backend
Biggest playoff game the league has seen since the 2018 AFCCG. The bigger the moment the bigger Brady plays. The Bucs defense is sneaky good and they’ll surprise tonight IMO.

The schedule thing is overplayed imo. Like when the 2010 Pats were dominating good teams, and then the Jets beat them. What got my attention that the Bucs are the team poised to make a run was the comeback against the Falcons. Regardless of record that’s a division opponent and you can’t write those games off.

Biggest playoff game the league has seen since the 2018 AFCCG. The bigger the moment the bigger Brady plays. The Bucs defense is sneaky good and they’ll surprise tonight IMO.

The schedule thing is overplayed imo. Like when the 2010 Pats were dominating good teams, and then the Jets beat them. What got my attention that the Bucs are the team poised to make a run was the comeback against the Falcons. Regardless of record that’s a division opponent and you can’t write those games off.
Ian, mentioning that game should be a bannable offense

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
Two of which came more than a decade ago (2005 and 2009, respectively). Brees has never played Brady in the playoffs either. One of those two has the tendency to come up small in big situations. I’ll let you guess which one that is.

That’s pretty funny actually like why bring up brees vs Brady record

It was a nice vid as always but I have a hard time believing Arians is an inspirational general so the voiceover didn't do it for me.

Brady, Pats, the family is now split. Daughter just arrived with my birthday gift of more TB12 stuff but teenage granddaughters are acting like jilted girlfriends, off the Brady train. I'm rooting for a victory over the Saints and another Lombardi for Patriots Gulf Coast.
1610915521293.jpeg

When is the last time Tom lost to the same team 3 times in a year

When is the last time Tom lost to the same team 3 times in a year
The only teams it was possible for was the Bills, Fins and Jets. Not exactly a high bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back