PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’m willing go bet you are from a blue collar family. it shows.
WTF kind of reply is that?!!
Pretty sure blue collar families are viewed as America’s finest.

Your average Floridan isn't all that bright.
Geography isn't most people's strong suit. I had a neighbor in Massachusetts ask me why I didn't share a ride with another neighbor when I drove to visit relatives in Indiana, while another neighbor went to visit relatives in Kansas.

So Brady is still a top tier QB. I think we all agree on that, right?

200.gif

Silver was very anti-Brady during the Deflategate nonsense.

I had to go to my media hit list to see if I had Silver there. I didn't so I added him. Thanks.

Or Cartlon Fisk on the White Sox. Or Bobby Orr, or Johnny Damon or Lawyer Milloy or Fred Lynn...............
This would be a good topic for an OT thread. How and why a player leaves is relevant to me.

You do when you live in Florida. Nobody down here knows where the hell Worcester is. But you’re right. I’m probably lying about that over the Internet for clout. That’s the ticket.
That reminds me of something funny from back in my working days. While sitting at a table with a group of people I said something about a man not having the clout to get something accomplished. One of the women at the table started arguing with me that there wasn't any such word as clout.

Actually a lot of people down south refer to Massachusetts as Boston. Not sure why that is but I use to tease my buddies down in Georgia about it every time they referred to me as being someone from Boston. "Actually I'm from Massachusetts and am now living in the great state of Atlanta".
How ironic! One of my kids was looking at colleges 20 years ago and we were looking at a school in Worcester on Monday and it was 40 degrees and drizzling. The next day we're in Atlanta and it's 80 degrees and sunny. I immediately told my wife that he was going to school in Atlanta, which he did.

How ironic! One of my kids was looking at colleges 20 years ago and we were looking at a school in Worcester on Monday and it was 40 degrees and drizzling. The next day we're in Atlanta and it's 80 degrees and sunny. I immediately told my wife that he was going to school in Atlanta, which he did.
Georgia Tech?

it might also bc bc GT is generally considered a stronger spot than wpi which I'm assuming is what the worcester one was.

Last edited:
it might also bc bc GT is generally considered a stronger spot than rpi which I'm assuming is what the worcester one was.
The difference was more than just that and the weather though, because WPI was closer to home and a more preferred option. WPI was much smaller and looked like a factory and GT had been done over for the 96 Olympics.

Getting a bit frustrated, eh? You rated four QBs above him “before having to think about it” (therefore leaving the list at 4). Then, in another post, stated he’s 5-7 (while also admitting you’re not watching the other QBs play this season). If you’ve rated him in the top four, and there are 32 starting QBs in the NFL, he is therefore still in the upper tier. So yeah, maybe you were asleep in school when they taught that math thing.

And how is that decline “clear?” Flesh that out a bit for me. Upon what measure are you basing that on? What is your criteria for coming to that conclusion?

I think there is one QB who is clearly playing better over the course of the entire season, and that’s Mahomes. The rest of the QBs you’ve referenced have either not sustained that level of play throughout the course of the season (ala Wilson) or have played a weak schedule and struggled a bit against better defenses (Big Ben). But again, I’m really not sure what you’re basing this decline on since you haven’t fleshed that out at all and I’m also not sure how you’re ranking QBs anyway since you’re not watching the games.

He just carried a bad offense to nearly a two seed and a bye last season before the run defense decided to take a dump and then got run over by the team who played for the AFCCG. Moreover, he didn’t win the Super Bowl in 2006 nor 2013 either. Was he “clearly in decline” then?

My issue is not with you saying he isn’t elite anymore. There’s only one QB playing elite ball in the NFL right now. My issue was with you jumping in on a debate about whether or not Brady is still playing at a “high level,” which he clearly still is.

Huh?!? I am consistent here. Brady has fallen from elite status. That is clear. Brady with this much talent in Tampa would be leading a team with 9-10 wins or more right now. Not seven. The talent he has right now to throw to is better than he has had in years with the Patriots.

And why do you keep bringing up 2006? 2006 is a perfect example of Brady elevating talent far beyond what it was. He had almost no offensive weapons outside a good TE. No WRs. Not much more at RB. And the defense was average to above average. And he brought a team that would have been a 6-10 team with almost any other QB all the way to one play away from going to the Super Bowl and probably winning it.

And last year, Brady had what was looking to be a historic defense the first 2/3 of the season. I think in the first half of the season (if I remember correctly) the defense only gave up two TDs total. Two TDs in eight games. Sure he didn't anything on offense other than Edelman who had a career season. But when the defense started to struggle and Edelman got injured, it all fell apart. All the Pats had to do was go 3-2 in their last five games for homefield advantage and they went 2-3. They stumbled into the playoffs and were one and done in the playoffs because the offense could only get 13 points.

And Brady is playing at a high level when comparing to other QBs. He is playing at a mediocre level for him. He might have a career year for the most interceptions in a season. The guy already has the most INTs he has had in a season since 2011 (he is tied with 2018 and 2013 with 11) and he is on track to beat his career number of 14 by 2-3 or more.

And if you take away two games where he had nine TDs combined, he would only have 19 for the season which is mediocre for any QB. His numbers this year are skewed by a small handful of games.

Actually a lot of people down south refer to Massachusetts as Boston. Not sure why that is but I use to tease my buddies down in Georgia about it every time they referred to me as being someone from Boston. "Actually I'm from Massachusetts and am now living in the great state of Atlanta".

It's not even exclusive to people in the south, or other far away regions. I went to college 2 hours away from my hometown in western Massachusetts and still got the "oh, you're from Boston?" treatment from other people who grew up in the northeast.

Obviously, I don't mean ME personally, but I do mean he ought to care about his fans. You know, the same people who paid thousands of dollars to see him play, wear his merchandise, and buy his TB12 crap. Do you know what that makes me for following a guy who doesn't care about his fans? Stupid.

I don't feel like all athletes are like that though. Eli Manning, for example, refused to sign with another team as a backup. For him, it was "once a Giant, always a Giant, only a Giant." That is despite the fact that Giants fans gave him crap for his inconsistency. There are other examples too.
Poor Tommy, he adopted TB12 name, used his TB12 logo as his avatar, and went out and spent thousands on his player card and signed tees. Tommy's ultra sad that TB12 no longer cares for him. I guess he stopped answering your fan mail? Now Tommy hates him because he didn't decide to "retire a Pats players" as you would have liked him to do. You bash him every chance you get, like a deranged Fan. You remind me of this guy.

1607376150023.png

Were you the dude that broke into Brady's mansion? :haha:

Poor Tommy, he adopted TB12 name, used his TB12 logo as his avatar, and went out and spent thousands on his player card and signed tees. Tommy's ultra sad that TB12 no longer cares for him. I guess he stopped answering your fan mail? Now Tommy hates him because he didn't decide to "retire a Pats players" as you would have liked him to do. You bash him every chance you get, like a deranged Fan. You remind me of this guy.

View attachment 29386

Were you the dude that broke into Brady's mansion? :haha:

Nice to know that Tom is providing housing for the homeless.

Geography isn't most people's strong suit. I had a neighbor in Massachusetts ask me why I didn't share a ride with another neighbor when I drove to visit relatives in Indiana, while another neighbor went to visit relatives in Kansas.
A lot of New Englanders think all states are as small as New England states. I used to live in West Texas. A hurricane hit Houston. Several people (living in New England) asked me if I was ok. I'm like, "yeah I think I will be allright.... you're closer to North Carolina than I am to Houston...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes