PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Tampa is a solid team and a young team too. They will continue to progress and be a legit threat in the NFC. You could already see the jump from week one to week two. Less penalties, more in sync on both sides of the ball, better coaching. Their schedule is favorable too the next few weeks so they can gel even more against weaker competition.

Also, their last 4 games of the season are Minny, Atlanta, Detroit, Atlanta. What a sweet line up should they need to win out to secure one of the top seeds.

Maybe if their QB plays better than a guy 30th in QBR in the league they’d have a shot.

Poor TommyBrady12, he posts on a Boston team forum but doesn't even try to hide his bandwagoning ways "From the Most Powerful City on Earth." :rofl: What a clown.

Claims to be from NE but follows the Washington Capitals and Nationals???? Yup true New Englander. :rofl:

I see you're back to your personal attacks now that Ian shut down the politics thread...and you do realize that this is not a Boston team forum, right? The Pats represent multiple states...

And I told you. I never was much of a baseball or hockey fan.

Brady will likely retire in 3 years.

In the meantime, there‘s a small window left for the greatest QB of all-time to break/extend some huge records while doing something that’s never been done (playing at his age.). This is historic ending to a historic career and will be over soon.

The Patriots will be playing from now until the day you die and aren’t going anywhere.

I am rooting for both Tom and the Pats. It’s silly to rank the “true fan-ness” especially in a situation like this. If Tom had gone to a rival like Brett Favre, things would be different, but he didn‘t. He went to a team that would probably rank 31/31 for Patriots “rivals.”

It‘s childish and insecure to come in here to bash people for not being “Patriot fan” enough.

Because those people deserve to be called out for being Brady fans rather than Pats fans...are you really asking me that? :rolleyes:
Well feel free to hop off of the big white horse your riding on. It's not up to TommyBrady12 to determine the rules on who is a Patriots fan or not. Anyway I think your primary motivation isnt who is Patriots fan, I think it's that you really dont like Brady and you cant stand the fact that some people do. Your anti Brady posts started long before he left and you bring up Brady's mistakes going all the way back to his beginning here.

Arians finally came to his senses and gave Fournette the majority of the carries. Ronald Jones is trash. He was sure good at USC though.

banking on fournette carving out a primary role to save my fantasy team lol

drafted mccaffrey in round 1 (ouch.. out for 6 weeks with high ankle sprain) and Fournette with my 2nd round pick (ouch.. traded to Bucs and buried on depth chart)

Well feel free to hop off of the big white horse your riding on. It's not up to TommyBrady12 to determine the rules on who is a Patriots fan or not. Anyway I think your primary motivation isnt who is Patriots fan, I think it's that you really dont like Brady and you cant stand the fact that some people do. Your anti Brady posts started long before he left and you bring up Brady's mistakes going all the way back to his beginning here.

Wow, if I never liked Brady, why did I go to Super Bowl 51? Why did I spend thousands on his autographed jersey and football? Why did I spend thousands on one of his best rookie cards?

So $10M and a 4th round pick for a blocker?

An elite run blocker and a deadly red zone weapon. It will work out perfectly for Tampa is teams don't take Gronk seriously and get lulled into a false sense of security because Brady has so many other targets to spread it out to. On the Pats, all Brady really had was Edelman and Gronk, but in Tampa Gronk is just another piece of a much larger puzzle

Gronk hasnt lost the ability to run or catch, so if someone sleeps on him he will make them pay dearly

Brady will likely retire in 3 years.

In the meantime, there‘s a small window left for the greatest QB of all-time to break/extend some huge records while doing something that’s never been done (playing at his age.). This is historic ending to a historic career and will be over soon.

It‘s childish and insecure to come in here to bash people for not being “Patriot fan” enough.

A couple of things. I'm not sure Brees is going to call it quits at the end of the year. He recently signed a 2 year deal with the Saints, and I can't see the Saints cutting him because the cap hit would be enormous. Likewise, Brady signed a 2 year deal that will expire at the end of the 2021 season. The guy who ultimately gets the passing and TD records will probably be the one who gets his team to sign a 1 year extension for 2022.

The true test of Patriots vs Brady fandom is, if the Pats and Bucs play in the SB, who would you root for? For me, it's Cam and the Pats. I'm not sure that's the case for everyone here because if the Pats beat the Bucs it would mean Brady is 6-4 in SBs.

An elite run blocker and a deadly red zone weapon. It will work out perfectly for Tampa is teams don't take Gronk seriously and get lulled into a false sense of security because Brady has so many other targets to spread it out to. On the Pats, all Brady really had was Edelman and Gronk, but in Tampa Gronk is just another piece of a much larger puzzle

Gronk hasnt lost the ability to run or catch, so if someone sleeps on him he will make them pay dearly

He has lost the ability to run fast and jump high. He has almost no burst anymore, and that was apparent even in 2018. Sure, he is worthy of making the team and getting some reps, particularly in the red zone, but there’s plenty of TEs who can run and catch. Just don’t think he worth that draft pick and money, considering they already have Howard and Brate who are primary blockers and red zone threat guys.

He's not alone either, obviously. Were NEVER true Pats fans. Not talking about those of us who will always admire and appreciate everything the GOAT did for the team, the area and all of us. But, he's gone. I don't wish for him to fail nor do I wish for him to succeed. I honestly just don't care unless it affects the Patriot team's fortunes one way or the other. There's nothing wrong at all with being a Brady fan first and a Pats fan second. Just have the balls to admit it.
Rooted for TFB ever since i saw him outplay Drew in 2001 season summer camp. I root for him now just like I rooted for Matt Cassell when he left for KC and Brissett & Jimmy G at SF. OK I never rooted for the Tuna or Curtis Martin @ the Jete. Ex-pat rooting stops when they face the NEP.

A couple of things. I'm not sure Brees is going to call it quits at the end of the year. He recently signed a 2 year deal with the Saints, and I can't see the Saints cutting him because the cap hit would be enormous. Likewise, Brady signed a 2 year deal that will expire at the end of the 2021 season. The guy who ultimately gets the passing and TD records will probably be the one who gets their team to sign a 1 year extension for 2022.

The true test of Patriots vs Brady fandom is, if the Pats and Bucs play in the SB, who would you root for? For me, it's Cam and the Pats.

It's a win win. I hope the Pats beat the tar out of them if that happens but if they don't, then Brady gets his 7th. That's a decent consolation prize. Plus the Belichick haters can't really say a whole lot at that point either way. They desperately wanted to believe the Patriots were a Super Bowl lock this year if Brady stayed and since he left they think the team crashes and burns without him because Belichick sucked 30 years ago or something. Kinda hilarious actually. Anyway it's clear that neither is true.

But I don't see either team making it at this point - hopefully the Pats somehow find upgrades either internally or outside for WR, linebacker and kicker to improve their odds.

A couple of things. I'm not sure Brees is going to call it quits at the end of the year. He recently signed a 2 year deal with the Saints, and I can't see the Saints cutting him because the cap hit would be enormous. Likewise, Brady signed a 2 year deal that will expire at the end of the 2021 season. The guy who ultimately gets the passing and TD records will probably be the one who gets his team to sign a 1 year extension for 2022.

The true test of Patriots vs Brady fandom is, if the Pats and Bucs play in the SB, who would you root for? For me, it's Cam and the Pats. I'm not sure that's the case for everyone here because if the Pats beat the Bucs it would mean Brady is 6-4 in SBs.

I thought most had already said they’d root for the Patriots. I would. The question is a bit extreme though because I don’t think people would enjoy watching Tom lose on the big stage either. Theoretically I would root for the Pats, my team since I was 6 years old; in reality, I’m glad the odds are very, very low that it would happen.

The Bucs-Pats matchup next season will be fun and more of a bragging rights game, though people who think it’s actually going to matter historically are crazy. It’s just one regular season game and proves nothing, whoever wins. The incredible careers and legacies of these two guys won’t come down to some random factors like the bounce of the ball in the fourth quarter. But it will be fun and I’ll be rooting against Tom for the only time in my life.

And you post here as much if not more than the ones you criticize desperately trying to piss in their cheerios because being a Brady fan is some kind of threat to you. Why are you so threatened by them? Why do you post here....to get winners and likes from sb1?
This isn’t the first time he’s tried to ruin threads he didn’t like the subject matter of. He’s a selfish infant who wants to ruin something for everyone else who wants to discuss it because he has no self control.

It's a win win. I hope the Pats beat the tar out of them if that happens but if they don't, then Brady gets his 7th. That's a decent consolation prize. Plus the Belichick haters can't really say a whole lot at that point either way. They desperately wanted to believe the Patriots were a Super Bowl lock this year if Brady stayed and since he left they think the team crashes and burns without him because Belichick sucked 30 years ago or something. Kinda hilarious actually. Anyway it's clear that neither is true.

But I don't see either team making it at this point - hopefully the Pats somehow find upgrades either internally or outside for WR, linebacker and kicker to improve their odds.

I would be devastated if the Pats lose to the Bucs (or any team) in the SB...that's just me though.

I would be devastated if the Pats lose to the Bucs (or any team) in the SB...that's just me though.

The majority of Peolple here would not root for Brady to beat the Pats in a Super Bowl. I will not but until Brady face the Patriots, I don’t see why people can’t enjoy seeing him play.

Honestly, reading this forum, I have the impression than when Brady comes back a Gillette next year with the Bucs, if there is fans in stands, he could get booed. And honestly, if it happens, I will be ashamed to be a Pats fan during this moment.

Wow, if I never liked Brady, why did I go to Super Bowl 51? Why did I spend thousands on his autographed jersey and football? Why did I spend thousands on one of his best rookie cards?
Multiple personality disorder? It is a mystery if true.

The majority of Peolple here would not root for Brady to beat the Pats in a Super Bowl. I will not but until Brady face the Patriots, I don’t see why people can’t enjoy seeing him play.

Honestly, reading this forum, I have the impression than when Brady comes back a Gillette next year with the Bucs, if there is fans in stands, he could get booed. And honestly, if it happens, I will be ashamed to be a Pats fan during this moment.

I'm sure there are fans who didn't want to share Brady with any other team.

It's not just you. I guess it would at least be better than losing to the Giants again. lol

I dunno...I thought I'd enjoy seeing him play more than I have so far. I was intrigued a bit at the beginning but now it's meh. Maybe if he starts lighting it up that will change. In the meantime I'd say there are probably 10 QBs in the league right now who are better and more exciting to watch in any game.

I can't blame this kid. If your local team was run by Daniel Snyder and they didn't have a team nickname, wouldn't you find a new team like the Patriots too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes