PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you said it.. it PLAYED... no longer play for us... I started rooting for the Pats in 85 just to satisfy your curiosity.. and as I said, he is the one who left and moved on.. He did great things here, nobody is even questioning his legacy, but he is not here anymore. I don't see why we shouldn't move on as well..
So you said my post was immature.. well i'm really sarcastic.. and if asking to move on is immaturity, i'm guilty then... All I'm asking os to have this conversations in a bucs foerum not in a New England.. they don't longer play for us... Even it wouldn't bother if this is outside the main forum.. I think there are more exicting things to talk about the team other that 2 players who decided to play for a different team and no longer wanted to play for us.. my 0.002
That may be your .002 cents but it reads like you could blow a .20

No they weren't. Enough with the excuses. The guy's 43. It has nothing to do with his receivers, especially in Tampa.
Eat your avocado ice cream and STFU TB12.

Well then move this thread to the PUB section of the forum and evreybody would be much happier... this post doesn't belong here...
Who is evreybody? This was already decided by the mods by page 2 of this thread. My advice, put this thread on Ignore and move along. You're repeating yourself, having a tantrum like a lil bi^*ch and not adding a thing.

Who is evreybody? This was already decided by the mods by page 2 of this thread. My advice, put this thread on Ignore and move along. You're repeating yourself, having a tantrum like a lil bi^*ch and not adding a thing.
well, the only other thing i see in the forst pages is the ask to have this in a different sub forum, as it it should be. who's throwing a tantrum? I'm happy cause we won yesterday and Drew breese gave me the cherry on the pie.... .. this is just a very fair ask to move this out from the Pats forum to another subforum, if you can't get that, well ignore my posts...

Gotcha. Yeah he had some oh wow throws as per usual, but then I saw plenty that were just of the mark that 5 plus years ago he wouldn't have been as off on and they lead to incompletions. Plus I believe he threw a hospital ball to Godwin but I may be mistaken.

As you know I always had reservations about him going to Tampa and the massive and unwarranted platitudes and tickets being printed for the SB. Some of what you saw yesterday will be cleaned up. However his accuracy issues in the middle part of the field that are popping up will only get worse as the throws on his arm start to add up.

Oddly enough, his deep balls may actually be a bit of a savior via DPI and the fact he doesn't have to be super precise on those throws.

I think he is still great, but his consistency and mental game has been slipping for awhile...since at least 2018. I don’t have stats to back it up but have noticed in addition to a lot of head scratching passes, he has also taken sacks at the worst times, clock management no longer pristine, etc.

Example, in yesterday’s game he took that sack that took them from a chip shot field goal to a long one that got blocked. Terrible to take a sack right there. I noticed this stuff happened to Manning and even worse with Favre. I don’t think Brady’s brain is deteriorating and I don’t think it’s an attitude issue but am guessing at that age these guys are so focused on the physical task that the mental ones become harder as well.

From about 2001-17 no one in football was a better, smarter situational player than Brady in terms of understanding the clock, scoreboard, down/distance, and risk management. His mistakes, though often small, have become routine.

Last edited:
well, the only other thing i see in the forst pages is the ask to have this in a different sub forum, as it it should be. who's throwing a tantrum? I'm happy cause we won yesterday and Drew breese gave me the cherry on the pie.... .. this is just a very fair ask to move this out from the Pats forum to another subforum, if you can't get that, well ignore my posts...
Again, this was asked early in this thread and the mods decided to keep it here. Maybe you can appeal directly to them or take it all the way to the SCOTUS if it bothers you so much. Otherwise, put the thread on ignore since it triggers your snowflake azz so much.

I wrote he didn't have many choices, and I think that's true. He wasn't coming back to New England. He insisted on a contract that let him become a free agent with no franchise tag. BB gave him what he wanted. He sold his house. We can say two or three but it's still not many offers given his track record. Teams saw his decline and most didn't want to invest top dollar in a 43 year old player. It's more or less the same decision BB made over a year ago.

I'm referring to Arians as the blowhard leader, not TB12, and it wasn't even me who interjected the word blowhard into the conversation.

I don't agree with what you wrote about what happened with Tom's contract but why rehash it?

As for the last sentence I thought you were talking about Brady because you wrote "he."

Again, this was asked early in this thread and the mods decided to keep it here. Maybe you can appeal directly to them or take it all the way to the SCOTUS if it bothers you so much. Otherwise, put the thread on ignore since it triggers your snowflake azz so much.

"But that's too hard".

Agreed. TB wanted out but nobody wanted to believe it. I didn't, but you are right, Bill wanted to move on several years ago. Also nobody else wanted him otherwise they would have signed him. Rumor today I heard was that Chicago was interested but he didn't want to go to a cold place. If true, then winning doesn't matter because up there he would have actual players and not just fantasy names. It was a family decision and the family gets to live with it. I don't see how a Bruce Arians team looks like that yesterday and then magically morphs into the Patriots and corrects it all. I just don't see it.

This totally flies in the face of everything we've heard about what went down. For instance, if Bill wanted him out, why did he sneer and say no way when the 49ers asked for Brady.

I give BB a lot more credit than that because he would have missed out on at least one and likely two Super Bowl victories if he got rid of Brady several years ago. I just don't believe it.

The idea that nobody else wanted him flies in the face of all the teams that did want him. Unless the 49ers were lying when they relayed that story, and it never happened.

Okay, If I'm wearing the other hat I wont click on the thread and I won't be reading about 2 players no longer with the team. Does just seeing that there is a thread trigger people? It also is apparent that trolls and Brady haters love to post in them. It's one thing to have an opinion that he's declined but a number of people go back in history to discredit him for every mistake he ever made, whether it was 2 years, 5 years 10 years all the way back to 2000. They sound like freaking Colts or Steeler fans diminishing any of his accomplishments along the way. I'm not saying you but the couple Brady threads are saturated with it.

I'm convinced they never liked him really because he's a metrosexual. I heard it from opposing fans a lot but even here on the board people didn't much like crying about his Mom & Dad on ESPN, going fairy palms up on a water slide, extolling the great taste of avocado ice cream (blecchhhh!), dancing like a dork at Carnivale, the hair styles, and goat petting, the supermodel stuff, UGGs etc. He was too effeminate!

I think he is still great, but his consistency and mental game has been slipping for awhile...since at least 2018. I don’t have stats to back it up but have noticed in addition to a lot of head scratching passes, he has also taken sacks at the worst times, clock management no longer pristine, etc.

Example, in yesterday’s game he took that sack that took them from a chip shot field goal to a long one that got blocked. Terrible to take a sack right there. I noticed this stuff happened to Manning and even worse with Favre. I don’t think Brady’s brain is deteriorating and I don’t think it’s an attitude issue but am guessing at that age these guys are so focused on the physical task that the mental ones become harder as well.

From about 2001-17 no one in football was a better, smarter situational player than Brady in terms of understanding the clock, scoreboard, down/distance, and risk management. His mistakes, though often small, have become routine.

2018? He had a great year. Look at his stats and play in the playoffs. It was one of his great years.

2019 it's a 50/50 call. Maybe he deteriorated (but just 6 months after the Super Bowl) but it could as well have been 3 OL hurt and Marshall Newhouse protecting your backside, lack of weapons, injured elbow. I tend to think we'll find out soon.

I'm convinced they never liked him really because he's a metrosexual. I heard it from opposing fans a lot but even here on the board people didn't much like crying about his Mom & Dad on ESPN, going fairy palms up on a water slide, extolling the great taste of avocado ice cream (blecchhhh!), dancing like a dork at Carnivale, the hair styles, and goat petting, the supermodel stuff, UGGs etc. He was too effeminate!

Dude, avocado ice cream is amazing. My kids eat the hell out of it.

This totally flies in the face of everything we've heard about what went down. For instance, if Bill wanted him out, why did he sneer and say no way when the 49ers asked for Brady.

I give BB a lot more credit than that because he would have missed out on at least one and likely two Super Bowl victories if he got rid of Brady several years ago. I just don't believe it.

The idea that nobody else wanted him flies in the face of all the teams that did want him. Unless the 49ers were lying when they relayed that story, and it never happened.

That was a different time, that was the Jimmy G trade and he was told by Kraft no go on Brady of that I am sure. The age and contract comment after the Jimmy G draft told the story and then Brady re-invested himself and got back to a level Bill couldn't ignore. By several I mean 2-3 years if it had been his call it would have happened. Remember Bill always gets rid of guys too early rather than too late.

And Brady yesterday looked as good as he was at his best last season. Throws just off, a little outside/inside/high/low on a majority of his passes. He is 43, and for people to say he hasn't had a noticeable decline are doing him a disservice in all reality.

Interesting point in terms of older QB's, that would make sense. Not convinced that is where Brady is right now. I'd like to see what's happening 4-6 weeks in.

Thank you for the Carnaval reminder.

that's a pretty good idea...

It's only one game, but my prediction the Bucs lighting it up this year is looking really bad. That game was brutal to watch. Looked like Brady's worst opening day game since @Dolphins 2014. I predicted a Bucs blowout and that didn't age well. :oops:

The one thing I worried about is too much of Tom's influence on making these WR's/TE's questioning their routes in coverage. Evans and Godwin looked confused yesterday which we know it's not for their lack of talent. These guys are talented enough that they can beat their man to a spot rather than having 5 routes to consider on the fly in coverage.

Gronk looked awful in his only targets.

Donovan Smith and their O-line looked awful but the Saints look pretty loaded on D.

Gronk will probably be giving WWE a call in a month.

That was a different time, that was the Jimmy G trade and he was told by Kraft no go on Brady of that I am sure. The age and contract comment after the Jimmy G draft told the story and then Brady re-invested himself and got back to a level Bill couldn't ignore. By several I mean 2-3 years if it had been his call it would have happened. Remember Bill always gets rid of guys too early rather than too late.

And Brady yesterday looked as good as he was at his best last season. Throws just off, a little outside/inside/high/low on a majority of his passes. He is 43, and for people to say he hasn't had a noticeable decline are doing him a disservice in all reality.

The thing is we will see if what you say is true soon. I already explained that his bad 2018 year and all the things that went wrong occurred just 6 months after he played great for several games in a row (highest stakes games). Hard to believe he lost it in 6 months. I come back to the fact 3 OL were out and Marshall Newhouse was his LT, while Edelman played with broken ribs and Sanu had a high ankle sprain. Not sure what people would have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back