PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will Arians blame himself for the 9 penalties? His teams are so undisciplined. Also Donovan Smith stinks. Will root for Tom whenever he struggles or not. I thought the Bucs defense played well despite the score. Bucs offense just couldn’t finish drives. Won’t be surprised if they bounce back and put a drubbing on the panthers.

Didn't think it was a particularly bad game from Brady. The INTs looked like something that will happen much less often once the offense actually gets to know each other.

I think they might stutter for a bit but will get things going towards the middle of the season. Whether that's enough to overcome the lack of discipline and their questionable coaching is a different story.

In the end if they make the playoffs they will have a shot against any team with that mich talent in offense.
Mike Evans 1 catch 2 yards. Gronk 2 catches 11 yards.
Damn bb for not getting him weapons. 43 is 43

Worried about you guys. Everyone have waterproof pillow covers for tonight?

1600042693332.gif

Reactions: sb1
I feel bad for Brady, but I'm not sure what he's trying to prove in attempting to win #7 at the age of 43. All summer people blamed Bill for the lack of talent around Brady for his 2019 decline. However, it's clear Bill was right all along.
Maybe BB was, maybe he wasn't. Maybe Brady really is washed, maybe he isn't. I just don't know how you could possibly glean that from one game with a shortened off season with a new team against a quality opponent. Let's at least give it to week 4. Sheesh.

I wouldn't pronounce him toast just yet. Remember how he started similarly hapless in 2017 after joining the Guerrero cult ?

Give it some time people. Its not a competition who can call it first.

True.

I don’t think we missed out on anything when he came out of retirement.

Arians thinks this is ok, he has disparaged several QBs publicly for quite sometime. Anyway, Brady may end up enjoying this, who knows.

Either way this is going to be the tone he has signed up for.

All respect to Brady and the Fans of NE, Brady, and Gronk. Bucs coaching is not comparable to BB and NE. Brady will struggle with the new office, but I have all respect for him and know he will pull it together.
I am a huge fan of Brady, Gronk, and NE fans. I wish him all the best, except against us :) Geaux Saints. Still believe Hill is a huge weapon and helped a lot in this game. Good defensive fight today.
With all due respect, suck it Bucaholic fans expecting a blowout :p ( I said with all due respect )

Congrats to NE on the win today..GoPats

True.

I don’t think we missed out on anything when he came out of retirement.

Agree. Personally I think he will end up being an effective situational weapon for the RZ and third downs but the question is whether thats enough at that price tag.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
There was good and bad. My 2 cents:

1. Can't compare the degree of difficulty playing the Dolphins and Saints. Worlds apart.

2. Cam and the Pats ran a super vanilla offense today and did well against last year's worst defense. It's encouraging that they didn't do poorly. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. Brady has never had the physical tools to do great with a simple offense, but he has great mental gifts, hence why they always had a complicated offense in NE. Whatever they're doing in Tampa is gonna take time to get that machine fine tuned to Brady.

4. Didn't know the Bucs were so indisciplined. That 4th down penalty at the end of the half was just a huge "wao" moment from me. I mean, the Saints weren't even going to snap the ball. How many times has Brady seen his team do that in 20 years? Maybe twice? That had to be a huge "You're not in New England anymore" moment for Brady. Twenty bucks says Bill's face flashed in Brady's mind right then.

Anyway, we might not know very well what these teams are until midseason. Gotta see the Pats against a few playoff caliber teams. Or even NFL caliber teams. Also gotta give Tampa offensive players more experience with Brady. It'll be fun rooting for both.

Maybe BB was, maybe he wasn't. Maybe Brady really is washed, maybe he isn't. I just don't know how you could possibly glean that from one game with a shortened off season with a new team against a quality opponent. Let's at least give it to week 4. Sheesh.

I honestly hope he puts together a decent season. But his decline has been evident since 2018. It’s not about this one game per se.

i must admit I took you as a Belichick hater and Bradyite and was completely wrong. My bad.

I honestly hope he puts together a decent season. But his decline has been evident since 2018. It’s not about this one game per se.

Yes. It's strange, he can still make some super accurate passes. But each year I see more passes per game that simply get away from him by a good 5 feet (on short to intermediate routes).

Where are the buttons for responses other than like? I am not seeing them
Yea, the like/agree/winner/genius options are more or less the same.

I still don't think Brady is washed though and fully expect him to still have a great season. Just one game.

Gronk’s great receiving days are well in the past, but the man sure can block.
How much is Tampa paying their big name blocking TE?

Fair enough.... fair enough.... oh, BTW, what does 9 penalties for 103 yards say about the coaching?
Arians has never shied away from taking all the credit and being hailed as a genius when things go well, and throwing players under the bus and blaming everyone but himself when they don’t. This goes back to his Pittsburgh days with Roethlesberger. In real life, he would be the worst possible boss to have.

Personally, Arians was the reason I was surprised to see Brady end up in Tampa. I can’t see him meshing well with a guy like that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes