PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Tampa can capitalize with their superior DLine. The game is going to hinge on how they’re able to deal with woman beater and Kelce, the TB secondary aren’t exactly world-beaters. Davis is trash but hopefully they get Winfield back.

Davis hasn’t been that bad come on. He will likely be on kelce. Hill won’t be going for 200 again. That I know. Bowles will have a plan. I think it’s important for the Bucs to try and make the chefs play from behind. A good start is needed.

How can anyone root for this douche bag? Tom may be a sore loser and not shake hands right away, but throwing your coach under the bus? Whining about officiating? Maybe the most Aaron Rodgers thing ever. Multiple opportunities to win, Brady throws 3 INTs and practically hands it to him, and he points his finger at everyone else.

How the **** was HE whining about officiating? The officials missed 4 VERY CLEAR false start penalties, all on GB, holding all game long (though, in fairness, both OLs got away with that), and an absolutely terrible unnecessary roughness call that had no place being flagged in any game, let alone a championship game where they were clearly swallowing their whistles. This dude is such a c.unt.

Concerned with Timmy (@TommyBrady12). He's dissappeared from the one thread he used to live in. He again bet on Brady to lose badly but at least he isn't looking up at @Dingleberry any more.

20210125_144121.jpg

If anyone else lives in the most powerful city on Earth and runs into him in the Metro, tell him we miss him at PFs.

Concerned with Timmy (@TommyBrady12). He's dissappeared from the one thread he used to live in. He again bet on Brady to lose badly but at least he isn't looking up at @Dingleberry any more.

View attachment 29965

If anyone else lives in the most powerful city on Earth and runs into him in the Metro, tell him we miss him at PFs.

I wonder who he'll pick in the Super Bowl. The suspense is killing me.

For the next two weeks, he'll be pounding the drums about how losing Super Bowls are legacy killers, Brady was better off losing last week, and that an unimpressive 6-4 record will be Brady's complicated and regrettable legacy.

I wonder who he'll pick in the Super Bowl. The suspense is killing me.

For the next two weeks, he'll be pounding the drums about how losing Super Bowls are legacy killers, Brady was better off losing last week, and that an unimpressive 6-4 record will be Brady's complicated and regrettable legacy.
For sure, Brady's season will be a total failure if he doesn't win SB.

I can't believe he had Bucs (#3 scoring O) only scoring 17 pts against that secondary. Lmao

I was rewatching Brady’s INT yesterday and they all came throwing to Mike Evans and he seemed to me that this season a lot of his INT came on throws to him

I was rewatching Brady’s INT yesterday and they all came throwing to Mike Evans and he seemed to me that this season a lot of his INT came on throws to him
i feel most confident when the ball goes to AB or Brate for some reason lol. it seems Evans half asses his routes sometimes and he is terrible at tracking deep balls in the air

Well now they are 4-5. Maybe they will get it up to 5-5 and prove they are average at best. ;)
“Washington went 7-9 they aren’t good”

“Brees wasn’t 100% and has a noodle arm”

“it wasn’t the bucs, green bay just choked”

i feel most confident when the ball goes to AB or Brate for some reason lol. it seems Evans half asses his routes sometimes and he is terrible at tracking deep balls in the air

Yeah he's young, he still has the bad habit of dogfaking it (thanks Moss) when he knows the ball is not coming to him, except when it really does.

The last INT was a jumpball that Brady wanted to throw up because he saw Evans in an one on one situation that Evans could easily have won if he had been dialed in.

I think Brady wanted Evans to recognize the blitz was coming from that side and to look back sooner instead of flying downfield. The defender looked back before Evans and then made a p,any on the ball and the pick. That said, Brady should have eaten the ball And taken the sack. It worked out OK, but if the GB defender had been able to return the pick 10 or more yards . . .

It worked out OK, but if the GB defender had been able to return the pick 10 or more yards
If you take the sack, punt and the GB returned return the punt for 30 yards. With if you can make plenty of scenarios. GB took over at their 24, no big deal.

Does someone know how espn calculate their QBR?

Because Brady with 3 TD and 3 INT had a QBR of 75. Rodgers only 67

But Brady had a 73 passer rating vs Rodgers’s 101

Does someone know how espn calculate their QBR?

Because Brady with 3 TD and 3 INT had a QBR of 75. Rodgers only 67

But Brady had a 73 passer rating vs Rodgers’s 101
They put a bunch of random numbers on a dart board and throw darts at it. The first 15 or so hit the drywall over, under, and around the dart board since those dweebs probably didn’t play any sports growing up, but when one eventually hits a number, that’s what they go with.

Random thought, everyone whined about Brady's easy path, particularly in the AFCE. How he always seemed to have an easy path in the playoffs. This year he goes through 2 HOF QBs and the 2nd and 1st seed both on the road. And what will happen next year?

Saints have their QB retire and are now in cap hell, looking to rebuild. Rodgers may well be moving out of the NFC all together. Meanwhile, in the AFCE the Bills have become the 2nd best team in the AFC the year Brady leaves. What the heck? Is it just me, or is there something about Brady that just crushes the will of opposing teams and players around him?

Imagine if Rodgers actually does leave GB. Stafford may well leave too. if Watson stays in the AFC, which he might, then the NFC will suddenly see a talent drop the year after Brady enters. I think part of it is luck, but part is also just the effect Brady has on other teams.

It could well be next year the top QBs in the NFC are Brady, Wilson and then...... Matty 'choke on ice water' Ryan, Cousins, Murray and??? Ummm who? So it will basically come down to the Seahawks vs Bucs, assuming the Seahawks don't trip over themselves like they have in past years.

Considering GB's cap issues, if at all possible you should definite bet right now on the Buc's to represent the NFC. I think it may only pay something like 3:1 or 4:1, but whose going to stop them. Even if Watson goes to the NFC, do you like him over the Bucs in his first year? It isn't like he's ever been a big playoff performer. And Even if Rodgers stays in GB that roster is going to get gutted.

Meanwhile the Bucs will probably lose 1 of their top players, but manage to hold on to most of the others.

Last edited:
Random thought, everyone whined about Brady's easy path, particularly in the AFCE. How he always seemed to have an easy path in the playoffs. This year he goes through 2 HOF QBs and the 2nd and 1st seed both on the road. And what will happen next year?

Saints have their QB retire and are now in cap hell, looking to rebuild. Rodgers may well be moving out of the NFC all together. Meanwhile, in the AFCE the Bills have become the 2nd best team in the AFC the year Brady leaves. What the heck? Is it just me, or is there something about Brady that just crushes the will of teams and players around him?

Imagine if Rodgers actually does leave GB. Stafford may well leave too. if Watson stays in the AFC, which he might, then the NFC will suddenly see a talent drop the year after Brady enters. I think part of it is luck, but part is also just the effect Brady has on other teams.

It could well be next year the top QBs in the NFC are Brady, Wilson and then...... Matty 'choke on ice water' Ryan, Cousins, Murray and??? Ummm who? So it will basically come down to the Seahawks vs Bucs, assuming the Seahawks don't trip over themselves like they have in past years.

It's hillarious...the NFC is about to become the super weak conference; it was already a lot weaker than the AFC this year. Now it's going to get much worse. As you brought up, the Saints are done, making the NFC South a terrible division. The Packers have a big cap problem next year. The Seahawks traded away two first picks. Kyler Murray isn't going to rise up like everyone thought...he might be okay but won't be a Mahomes type of player. The NFC QB situation is like the AFC a few years back.

The AFC is loaded with the best QBs.

Lol.

It's hillarious...the NFC is about to become the super weak conference; it was already a lot weaker than the AFC this year. Now it's going to get much worse. As you brought up, the Saints are done, making the NFC South a terrible division. The Packers have a big cap problem next year. The Seahawks traded away two first picks. Kyler Murray isn't going to rise up like everyone thought...he might be okay but won't be a Mahomes type of player. The NFC QB situation is like the AFC a few years back.

Lol.
I forgot about the 2 picks the Seahawks traded, yeah. That is big. They will probably be stuck with that subpar defense for a while then and will basically need Wilson to be super man like he was early in the year. That's rough. Everything's coming up Brady right now. Imagine going to back to back superbowls with his new team. It's very possible. This time he may even get the #1 seed. SF will certainly bounce back, but we don't know about their QB situation. Jimmy can't stay healthy it seems, and even if he does he isn't all that good. It will be interesting.

Lol.

Huh? Really? Who? Josh Allen? lamar Jackson who can’t throw a lick? The AFC is very weak. The chargers have a promising QB by They’re the chargers. Mayfield? I would still you take the QBs in the NFC. I would take Wilson or the kid from Arizona over Allen or whoever in the afc.

I think Brady wanted Evans to recognize the blitz was coming from that side and to look back sooner instead of flying downfield. The defender looked back before Evans and then made a p,any on the ball and the pick. That said, Brady should have eaten the ball And taken the sack. It worked out OK, but if the GB defender had been able to return the pick 10 or more yards . . .
Maybe but the last INT ended up in GBs 24, which is about what a punt would have yielded had he taken the sack. Might as well try for a play if there's such little risk with potential high reward.

I get the INTs don't look good, hell I was upset but kept looking at Brady and at no point did he look anything but calm. He didn't seem too upset with the outcome of those plays. Weird.

Edit: @Lagaffe_07 posted same above, lol.

Maybe but the last INT ended up in GBs 24, which is about what a punt would have yielded had he taken the sack. Might as well try for a play if there's such little risk with potential high reward.

I get the INTs don't look good, hell I was upset but kept looking at Brady and at no point did he look anything but calm. He didn't seem too upset with the outcome of those plays. Weird.
Yeah, it turned out like a punt. But after that int, Brady was talking to Evans on the sideline and I think he was probably trying to tell evans to break off the route when he could see the corner dropping down the line to come on a blitz. but really that’s more of a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes