PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 of Mike Evans 5 worst games have been in 2020.
And yet he has the 4th most receiving touchdowns in the league. He’s also been playing with a gimpy ankle. Prior to that, he had the most in the league. But whatever helps soothe that sore ass of yours, I guess.

So I know people don't want to because it's recency reactionary bias but uh....... Jakobi Meyers

416 offensive snaps w/Brady
41 targets
26 rec
359 yards

207 offensive snaps w/Newton
31 targets
23 rec
294 yards

Almost the same production but in half the snaps.

and Meyers is a good example because I saw with my own eyes at least 2-3 times Brady give Meyers the death stare last year.
Like any older player brady didnt have patience with 'kids' . One of the reasons he left. And the bucs signed brown. he wants people get upto speed as fast as possible to his level or work with established players Dont blame him . He doesnt have much time left . He just couldnt choose a coach in that scenario unfortunately.

So what? Maybe Myers was making mistakes in his rookie year that he isn't making this year. It certainly isn't because Newton has better recognition than Brady had, and he definitely isn't as accurate.
Newton has even less to work with esp with no Edelman and the defense really not doing anything. If not for the defense last yr our record might have been even worse early on.

3 of Mike Evans 5 worst games have been in 2020.
Mike Evans has the highest catch % of his career this season and only 1 TD less than his last two seasons. He's also probably going to see a 10+ win season, which he's never had before.

Should they be funneling the ball to him like Winston did so Brady racks up legendary interceptions numbers as well? It's not as productive on the yard numbers but hes getting his TDs and wins, seems like a good tradeoff.

the oline was bad and of course Ariens didn’t adjust

AB was running open all game teams won’t be able to stop the soon

has the question been asked why Tampa decided to run zone coverage out of the blue

Last edited:
I’ve seen enough of this. Tampa will not get Brady a championship. In a big prime time game, the Patriots in twenty years have never looked close to this unprepared, mentally weak, and overall flummoxed. From the first snap of the game, the entire Tampa team has appeared to be constipated.

It'll be like Montana in KC. Fun at times and successful at times. Just not enough to get to the title game

Why would Arians lie when everyone can watch the same film? It would undermine his own credibility if he was making stuff up.

Arians' credibility? Definitely maybe. Clearly confused. Amazingly awful.

LOL. No kidding. I actually don't mind Arians giving his thoughts on who was open and the routes being run. I very much doubt it bothers Tom either. He knows they need to get it into gear vs Panthers this week.
This Tompa guy is very complex.
Apparently, Brady now relishes a coach who publicly castigates him over a coach who wouldn't privately stroke his delicate ego.

The evolution of the Brady psyche is fascinating

Tight-knit family / grounded upbringing
Catholic roots
Underappreciated QB out of high school
Lived in the shadow of the much hyped Drew Henson

Then success

Then the transformation

Unwavering mission to only copulate with celebrities
His unique relationship with the carnival barker / glute masseuse
His attachment to guru Tony Robbins
His Tom Cruisian self belief
Allowing the world to purchase his neatly marketed formula for immortality

Then suddenly, a powerful force (from the heavens possibly?) publicly humbles this self-proclaimed immortal....and Tompa subserviently genuflects

Absolutely fascinating

What's next ...........

Some important questions that require answers:

Is Bruce Arians a messenger from God sent to Tampa to quell Tompa's unworldly ambitions?
Is Antonio Brown the devil hiding in disguise, tracking Tompa across the planet?
Why has a messenger from God allowed the devil into his house?
Is it merely a coincidence the Scientology headquarters is located in Tampa?
Why does Tom Cruise stand on the Scientology headquarters rooftop and stare out at Raymond James Stadium longingly?

Last edited:
It'll be like Montana in KC. Fun at times and successful at times. Just not enough to get to the title game

Eh, we'll see. Tampa has gobs of talent. It is only half way thru the season. Let's see how they progress especially now that AB is in the mix. I mean it's not like the NFC has any one team that looks invincible. Tampa already destroyed GB. Would most likely stomp all over Seattle. It is really just the Saints that have their number and the Saints have been a terrible playoff team the last few years.

So I know people don't want to because it's recency reactionary bias but uh....... Jakobi Meyers

416 offensive snaps w/Brady
41 targets
26 rec
359 yards

207 offensive snaps w/Newton
31 targets
23 rec
294 yards

Almost the same production but in half the snaps.

and Meyers is a good example because I saw with my own eyes at least 2-3 times Brady give Meyers the death stare last year.
Meyers was a rookie last year, undrafted. He has progressed this year and Cam has no Edelman or Harry to target which is why Meyers sees the ball coming his way every time almost. Also, Meyers was benched last year when Harry came back from IR which was the dumbest move the coaching staff did all season. Brady was going to him and then he was taken off the field.

Brady's stats projected to 16 games:
401 completions
615 attempts
4263 yards
36 TD
12 INT
Rating 96.2

I think he probably lost the league MVP award on Sunday but still very good numbers for his age and a brand new team and system. I think the Montana KC comparison is a good one but the Bucs can still make a SB run if their defense plays a lot better than they have been and Arians gets out of the way.

This Tompa guy is very complex.
Apparently, Brady now relishes a coach who publicly castigates him over a coach who wouldn't privately stroke his delicate ego.

The evolution of the Brady psyche is fascinating

Tight-knit family / grounded upbringing
Catholic roots
Underappreciated QB out of high school
Lived in the shadow of the much hyped Drew Henson

Then success

Then the transformation

Unwavering mission to only copulate with celebrities
His unique relationship with the carnival barker / glute masseuse
His attachment to guru Tony Robbins
His Tom Cruisian self belief
Allowing the world to purchase his neatly marketed formula for immortality

Then suddenly, a powerful force (from the heavens possibly?) publicly humbles this self-proclaimed immortal....and Tompa subserviently genuflects

Absolutely fascinating

What's next ...........

Some important questions that require answers:

Is Bruce Arians a messenger from God sent to Tampa to quell Tompa's unworldly ambitions?
Is Antonio Brown the devil hiding in disguise, tracking Tompa across the planet?
Why has a messenger from God allowed the devil into his house?
Is it merely a coincidence the Scientology headquarters is located in Tampa?
Why does Tom Cruise stand on the Scientology headquarters rooftop and stare out at Raymond James Stadium longingly?

Get a grip.

Honestly I see the Bucs as one of those teams having a great regular season and 1 and done in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm wrong but the issues plaguing this team have not changed in 9 weeks. And that game against the saints all but assured they are a wildcard team.

has the question been asked why Tampa decided to run zone coverage out of the blue

It's what Toilet Bowles does. It's his bread and butter. He doesn't give a **** that he has two of the best press man corners because by God, the defense is going to do things his way, or hit the highway!

Honestly I see the Bucs as one of those teams having a great regular season and 1 and done in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm wrong but the issues plaguing this team have not changed in 9 weeks. And that game against the saints all but assured they are a wildcard team.

That's how you know it's 100% coaching.

Great coaching always make teams incrementally better- which is what you always see with the Patriots. They're always better at the end of the season than at the beginning.

Looks like BA is getting into a pissing contest with Tom.

Eh, we'll see. Tampa has gobs of talent. It is only half way thru the season. Let's see how they progress especially now that AB is in the mix. I mean it's not like the NFC has any one team that looks invincible. Tampa already destroyed GB. Would most likely stomp all over Seattle. It is really just the Saints that have their number and the Saints have been a terrible playoff team the last few years.

gobs of talent and little team chemistry and coaching...good enough IMO to be 11-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back