PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking if AB behaves and shows no sign of slowing down I think Tampa resigns him over Godwin. There free agents next year are Barrett, David, Suh than Jenson, Vea, and Davis the next year. With Evans already getting paid they’d probably take whichever between AB/Godwin cost less and at 32 it would be AB
I highly doubt it. Godwin is 24. You keep him and Evans together. AB is just for this season.

After yesterday's Thursday game, I notice Matt Ryan is the league passing yard leader and that 4 out of the 5 leaders are from teams with losing records. In this passing league age, passing yards is no longer an indicator of a good QB or team. More often it is indicative of a bad defense or lots of QB interceptions forcing passing to catch up thus Winston was the passing leader last year. I think in the future being a passing leader will indicate a bad QB andor bad team most of the time.

I highly doubt it. Godwin is 24. You keep him and Evans together. AB is just for this season.
I doubt that they can afford to keep Godwin unless Godwin leaves some money on the table and Tampa agrees to a deal with more years and more guaranteed money.

After yesterday's Thursday game, I notice Matt Ryan is the league passing yard leader and that 4 out of the 5 leaders are from teams with losing records. In this passing league age, passing yards is no longer an indicator of a good QB or team. More often it is indicative of a bad defense or lots of QB interceptions forcing passing to catch up thus Winston was the passing leader last year. I think in the future being a passing leader will indicate a bad QB andor bad team most of the time.
I'd settle for a QB who can complete one TD pass to a WR or TE.
It will be glorious when he does

Jeremy Chinn: taken after both Uncle Dugg & the Unseen Uche, two players generally ranked Lower than Chinn was before the draft...
I didn't want them to take a S with the first pick, as that obviously should've gone to a WR. But if you're going to take a S, Winfield Jr. or Chinn were the obvious choices.

I doubt that they can afford to keep Godwin unless Godwin leaves some money on the table and Tampa agrees to a deal with more years and more guaranteed money.
Godwin won't be as expensive as Evans. It depends how the Bucs want to a lot money. Arians is an offensive minded coach first so I would think he would look to keep as many of his weapons as he can especially with having Brady running the show. Remember the Bucs aren't the Patriots. They are not afraid to pay their top players.

Godwin won't be as expensive as Evans. It depends how the Bucs want to a lot money. Arians is an offensive minded coach first so I would think he would look to keep as many of his weapons as he can especially with having Brady running the show. Remember the Bucs aren't the Patriots. They are not afraid to pay their top players.

How won’t he be as expensive?

is it logical to pay two WR’s that much money when Barrett and other defenders are about to get payed. They also have miller/Johnson if they’re smart you pay AB less get picks for Godwin and pay the defense

I didn't want them to take a S with the first pick, as that obviously should've gone to a WR. But if you're going to take a S, Winfield Jr. or Chinn were the obvious choices.
I didn't want a Safety at 37 either, but I could kinda understand not taking a WR there unless Aiyuk & maybe Pittman were still available...
I was really hoping that one of Claypool, Van Jefferson or Shenault (or TE Cole Kmet, whom I would've considered even at 37) would still
be available at 71...
Then, after all 4 were taken much earlier than that yet Bill still traded up to 60, I knew that sadly it probably wouldn't be for Chinn either
since he had already taken Uncle Dugg; I was hoping that Bill would at least take either LB Zachary Baun or OLman Joshua Jones...

Last edited:
How won’t he be as expensive?

is it logical to pay two WR’s that much money when Barrett and other defenders are about to get payed. They also have miller/Johnson if they’re smart you pay AB less get picks for Godwin and pay the defense
After watching the Pats offense beret of any talent -Yes. A thousand times yes! You keep them as the best duo in the game with the GOAT.

Was Winfield Jr. still on the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore