PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing in his favor is the weather. I remember Marino saying how much the Miami sun helped him stay limber late into the season. Brady does not have any cold weather games on the schedule as he already went to Chicago. That should help him a lot down the stretch.
Another thing in his and the teams favour is the late by in early December. They get to rest and heal before the final stretch.

He is better than this for sure--but he was let go by his team and no one wanted him.
I understand that completely... but a lot of that line of thinking was also because of concerns for his shoulder. I don't know if anyone thought it would be this bad, including the Patriots.

The most annoying narrative about all this is the "fans" who were happy to see Brady go because they thought it would "exciting". It would be exciting to see a new QB and see the team battle it out every week and not have a 7-8 easy wins each year. Well how exciting is it now? I mean I know personally I just cant contain my excitement watching us scrap out a touchdown every couple weeks. Definitely not like this boring Tampa offense. Who wants to see a QB throw for 5 TDs when we can get the thrill of 100 yards and 3 picks?
There were a lot of fans who just wanted him to retire. Even Kraft wanted him to retire. He's been saying for years that he will retire when he is 45 or washed up. So iit seems many thought it was the later including the owner.

There were a lot of fans who just wanted him to retire. Even Kraft wanted him to retire. He's been saying for years that he will retire when he is 45 or washed up. So iit seems many thought it was the later including the owner.
All I knew was as long as he wanted to play I wanted him in a Patriots uniform.

It's just the Brady hate. Guaranteed if he went to Seattle they would be talking about his redemption story. I agree though with all your points. Something no one is talking about is the cast of weapons around Brown. He never had a group like this in Pitt. He may see some one-on-one coverage from time to time as there are just too many weapons to double everyone. Gronk could have LBs on him the majority of the time as you have to dedicate DBs to the receivers especially with the 4 receiver sets.

Don’t you have to go man to man on them you can’t double anyone of them. Doubling any of them leaves a CB on an island and AB/Evans/Godwin will win that most of the time. If you go zone Brady will eat that alive as well with Godwin/AB/Gronk being zone killers

The TFB possibly reversing course & staying in NE door slammed shut when Bobby Kraft panicked & prematurely ejaculated Brown from the team because he selfishly felt media heat from his tug job. Would Gronk have come back to the Pats in 2020 if Brady & Brown were here? I'm not sure. In any case, despite his good performance so far I worry about Gronk's future health. Didn't want him to come back even for the Pats. Gotta admit I love watching his play with Tommy Boy though. Guess I'm just a bad, bad person.

TFB possibly reversing course & staying in NE door slammed shut when Bobby Kraft panicked & prematurely ejaculated Brown from the team because he selfishly felt media heat from his tug job. My wife is STILL SO PISSED about Kraft's massage parlor thingy which she thinks helped Tom leave that given the team's putrid performance, the Brady's Lady has become a Tampa Turncoat. Fortunately she has forgotten that I had visited some "gentleman's clubs" in my youth.

Wife does not read Patsfans. those who know me, do not fwd to wife.

All I knew was as long as he wanted to play I wanted him in a Patriots uniform.
Yeah, that's really all it came down to for me too. I wanted him to play for as long as he wanted, and wanted it to be in a Patriots uniform. If the Patriots weren't willing to accommodate that, then I'm glad it went how it's gone: he picked a good fit and is off killing it with them, and I'm rooting for him every step of the way cause he's tom ****ing brady and I'm going to root for him until the day he retires.

I was thinking if AB behaves and shows no sign of slowing down I think Tampa resigns him over Godwin. There free agents next year are Barrett, David, Suh than Jenson, Vea, and Davis the next year. With Evans already getting paid they’d probably take whichever between AB/Godwin cost less and at 32 it would be AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back