PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has some the best talent around him. And him playing at an MVP level is a bit of an overstatement. He had two great games and one very good game this month. He has 18 TDs this season and nine of them came in two games. Let's see how this season plays out before we judge him on three games. If he wins the MVP, then I will admit I am wrong.

Show me where he can elevate a bad team. Show me that and then I am wrong.

Your argument about 2006 is ridiculous. The Pats were one play away from going to the Super Bowl with a #3 WR at best as your primary receiver and you say since he didn't get to the Super Bowl, he didn't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. You lose all credibility with this argument alone.
Two? Over the last FIVE games he has 15 TDs to 1 pick. He is playing the best QB of any QB over the past month. He also may win his second NFC player of the week later this week.

Remember Brady missed OTA’s last year so all blames on him, he must’ve showed up to Tampa’s OTA

One thing not mentioned in the stat lines: Opponents have committed 10+ penalties against Tampa Bay's receivers (i.e. DPI) for a total of 215 yards.

One game isn't a good way to evaluate a player on whether he is losing from age. Even players who show clear and significant signs of drop off by age can play like they did on their best day for a short period of time. I pointed to a few weeks back with Gronk how Tony Gonzalez in his last year in the league when he was clearly done came into Foxboro and had a 150 yards and two TDs. I know that isn't an apples to apples comparison, but I hope you get my point.

Again, if by the end of the season, Brady is MVP or pretty damn close, I will admit I am wrong.

I just don't see how he can make those throws and then suddenly not be able to. Unless he's injured. The way we can tell if a receiver has lost it is his speed and quickness. That would be the only apt comparison, not his stat line.

Brady threw a pick on the first drive of the game against the LAR and then missed a TD pass by one yard when Gronk caught that beautiful seem pass. It's hilarious how many people look at QB rating and the stat line of 0/1 in the Super Bowl and conclude that Brady was declining or was carried to the Super Bowl.

He absolutely diced up the Chargers and played out of his mind down the stretch in Kansas City, and his Super Bowl performance against a tough defense was fine though not spectacular; it was arguably better than Patrick Mahomes's MVP performance last year where he had two interceptions (and a slew of questionable decisions) but made the plays down the stretch when he needed to.
Great when you have to be makes you the Goat. Great all the other times makes you Peyton Manning

Last edited:
He played three MVP quality games this year. I cherry picking the good games, not the bad games. If you want to throw in the game where he sucked more power to you.
I am looking at the whole picture. He has played 7 games and he is performing at an MVP level overall.
The Bucks reloaded this year. Brady was far from the only addition that they added this year. They rebuilt the o-line and added players like JPP and Suh to the defense,

But you seem to forget that a horrible QB like Jameis Winston threw for 5109 yards and 33 TDs last year.
LOL!! You seem to forget those 33 TD's were against 30 INT's. Brady has 18 TD's and 4 INT's.

Brady won't have as many yards because he isn't playing catch up as much as Winston did.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I am not pulling a Kellerman. My point has never changed and I stand by it to this day. I still believe Brady has lost a step and is no longer able to elevate bad talent around him. I said he has gone from elite to very good.
Did you see some of the throws me made last week? The TD to Miller in particular was awesome. This offense is only getting better as the timing gets better. He can elevate the talent around him. Just look at the fall off to Newton.

That's why Bill always claims that it's a players' game, because it is. There are plenty of less than average coaches that got teams to a SB and even won, but all of them had the players to do it.

Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Doud Pederson, Dan Quinn, Gary Kubiak, John Fox (twice), Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Jim Caldwell, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Holmgren all got to or won SBs.
Bill's biggest challenge will be when the remaining veterans depart (which some could as soon as next year) and how the younger guys respond. The Offensive side is the most concerning as their down to Thuney and Edelman. I thought Cam would be that guy to bridge the gap and stabilize the QB but I was wrong so far.
Did you see some of the throws me made last week? The TD to Miller in particular was awesome. This offense is only getting better as the timing gets better. He can elevate the talent around him. Just look at the fall off to Newton.
He's thrown the deep ball really well his year.

Remember Brady missed OTA’s last year so all blames on him, he must’ve showed up to Tampa’s OTA
I showed this earlier in the off season, but was working out with guys as soon as he could in Tampa. Remember the park incident? He was finding ways to work out with them. There's also training camp video of Brady's demeanor flipping a 180 from his last year with the Pats. He was really excited about his group at WR/TE.

It was depressing to watch.

I showed this earlier in the off season, but was working out with guys as soon as he could in Tampa. Remember the park incident? He was finding ways to work out with them. There's also training camp video of Brady's demeanor flipping a 180 from his last year with the Pats. He was really excited about his group at WR/TE.

It was depressing to watch.
Knowing what we know now about that contract they offered him before the 2019 season explains why he seemed so dejected last year. Being forced out after 20 years and surrounded by crap and having to play the whole year knowing that the team didn't have what it takes in his final year.

Two? Over the last FIVE games he has 15 TDs to 1 pick. He is playing the best QB of any QB over the past month. He also may win his second NFC player of the week later this week.

He's trying to diminish Brady because McDaniels looks like absolute garbage without Brady. He's like McDaniels' brother or a relative poster is my guess, the biggest homer I've ever seen of this overrated, zero-talent-evaluation OC.

My cousin who is a producer, shot the Shields Health Care ad with Brady. He told me that Brady was very down to earth, didn't have any airs or pretension.

They ran out of time filming the ad, and still had to shoot the last Superbowl ring being put in the locker (that shot and the rest of the shots were cut from the final version of the ad, as they had shot several variations for the client, but you can still see him pull out that last ring).

Brady had to go because he had another commitment later that day, so he put that Superbowl ring into my cousin's hands and said straight to his face "you're responsible for this."

Needless to say, my cousin was ****ting bricks and wouldn't let that ring out of his sight and when they got the shots they needed, he drove that ring back to Brady's house in Brookline where he gave it back to Brady. Needless to say, he was disappointed that he wasn't invited inside, but he told me later that the house was "stately."

Clipboard02.jpg

What's in lucky locker #7?

Not maybe... he did. I posted the tweet a page or so back.

I am looking at the whole picture. He has played 7 games and he is performing at an MVP level overall.

LOL!! You seem to forget those 33 TD's were against 30 INT's. Brady has 18 TD's and 4 INT's.

Brady won't have as many yards because he isn't playing catch up as much as Winston did.
Not to mention a 9-7 (IIRC) record and no playoffs...

Last edited:
Bill's biggest challenge will be when the remaining veterans depart (which some could as soon as next year) and how the younger guys respond. The Offensive side is the most concerning as their down to Thuney and Edelman. I thought Cam would be that guy to bridge the gap and stabilize the QB but I was wrong so far.

He's thrown the deep ball really well his year.

What do you mean down to Thuney and Edelman? Thuney is relatively young. He's in his 5th year. The entire OL is a foundation and building block for this team. We don't have a single hole there. Which means we better get cracking on WR and TE.

Brady is playing better than I thought he would, but I will stand by my points when I said he is showing signs of age. I still don't believe he can elevate a mediocre offense like he used to. I said he could be a very good to great QB with good talent around him, but he cannot make chicken salad out of horse **** like he did like in 2006. I still believe he deserved some of the blame for the offense last year. Clearly not a lion share of it or even a significant piece, but more than people gave him.

He has a lot of talent in Tampa. Edelman would be the only receiver on the Pats who could make the Bucs' roster. And I would argue based on how he has played this year thus far, he wouldn't even make the starting line up on the Bucs. Miller has been far better than him.

And I said this before that I didn't mind him leaving (at least from a cold football sense). We weren't going to the Super Bowl with Brady and the players who sat out the season for COVID. Adding COVID to the mix meant this was the year to tank and rebuild. This year is already a mess and likely to get worse as the next wave hits.

Let's face it. The offense wasn't all that good last year and it would probably be worse even with Brady this year since Edelman is either still injured or showing signs of age. It would be better than it is now. But would it be good enough to make this team more than a low tier playoff team or a just miss the playoffs team? I don't think so.

I wanted Brady to retire a Patriot. And it is painful to watch him in another uniform. But I think if he was here right now, people would be more likely talking about if it was getting closer to the end of the line for him rather than talking about him being in contention for MVP.

Brady is worth +5 wins in any team. Pats were 12-4. Now we're likely 7-9. Bucs were a 6-10 team and now likely 11-5.

It was worth $25m per year. Frankly it was a bargain.

We fcked up. End of story. Nothing to see here.

That TD throw to Miller was about 45-50 yards in the air and, as the announcer said at the time, it was like he dropped the ball into a 5 gallon bucket. Millers catch radius isn't so big, the DB was right there, and it was a window about a foot wide and a foot deep. Once of his best deep throws in years

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes