PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This supposed rebuild has been a complete failure. There is no up and coming player on our offense. Harry is leaning strongly toward being a bust and other than him we've just picked up garbage in the draft and FA.
Most teams’ rebuilds are a lot uglier.

I’m sort of impressed with Arians- he did clean up his teams discipline issues this week. The entire team played complimentary football.

Onwenu? Damien Harris? Wynn?
Onwenu has not had near enough playing time to make a judgement on. Damien Harris did nothing today and pretty much got benched. Wynn is decent, he sucked today though. I notice no WR's or TE's.

Are you open to the possibility “it was time” ? I mean BB & Brady made it work for decades. That’s incredible !

They teamed up for an “epic fail” in 2019. Haha. A “disappointing 12-4 division crown”.
No because I really don’t think this needed to happen. By all accounts, it looks like one side was being stubborn and didn’t think Brady had the balls to leave. Then he did and they were caught with their pants down.

And let’s be real... would anybody really have had a problem letting Brady be the one we keep a season too late? So now we have a team that evening when it does get more talented will be looking for that needle in a haystack at the most important position.

I actually agree people need to separate "sucks at drafting WRs" from being a terrible GM.

He very bad at drafting one position.

I've gone over this a lot, but people refuse to beleve it.

Belichick has the same success rate drafting WRs that the Steelers do.

It is very hard to comprehend, I know, but the rate is the same.

The only difference is that the Steelers spend 4x as many draft picks in the first four rounds as the Patriots do.

People would be stunned to understand how few WRs BB has drafted relative to the rest of the league over the last two decades.

Starting in the 2000 draft, we've taken David Givens, Deion Branch, Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Chad Jackson, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Malcolm Mitchell, Braxton Berrios and N'Keal Harry.

I'm not counting Harry in this analysis because he's only played in like 9 games. But look at the hit rate on the rest: 4 of 12. He's 33%. The Steelers are at 34%.

Onwenu has not had near enough playing time to make a judgement on. Damien Harris did nothing today and pretty much got benched. Wynn is decent, he sucked today though. I notice no WR's or TE's.

Seriously?

You are way way too hard on these guys. Onwenu has had a fantastic start to his career. Wynn has been great as well, literally never losing his assignments. Damien Harris is a stud, and it will show quickly as he takes over running duties.

No because I really don’t think this needed to happen. By all accounts, it looks like one side was being stubborn and didn’t think Brady had the balls to leave. Then he did and they were caught with their pants down.

And let’s be real... would anybody really have had a problem letting Brady be the one we keep a season too late? So now we have a team that evening when it does get more talented will be looking for that needle in a haystack at the most important position.
We just disagree. It was over. We saw “one season too late”. Brady is happier in Tampa. And it pushes the team into a “proper reset”.

Tonight, when Brady looks great, it might look like a mistake. Other weeks, he might not look as good.

Statement win for Tampa. They completely punched GB in the mouth. Very similar to what the niners did to them last year. Absolutely no answer from Rodgers. They pounded him all game. Brady was consistent and opportunistic quietly icing the game in the third quarter hitting Gronk who looked like a beast in this game. No penalties either. Nice job by Arians. If they can keep up that level they will be tough to beat.

Also, Bears are in first place in the North. LOL.

I’m sort of impressed with Arians- he did clean up his teams discipline issues this week. The entire team played complimentary football.
he is a flash in the pan coach. he will do enough to gloat and then go back to the same . brady's biggest issue might be arians coaching in critical games.

Today was one of those which got out of hand like pats @chiefs in 2014. Hard to make much. I am glad that INSPITE of people gloating about brady being greater than BB and how BB f'd up , brady won today so that the debate of him vs rodgers can end.

I actually agree people need to separate "sucks at drafting WRs" from being a terrible GM.

He very bad at drafting one position.
I remember the Lions years ago. Remember how many WRs they chose top 10 ? Megatron and TRASH.

Many GMs are awful. It’s baffling how much grief BB gets around here. I don’t think posters are paying attention to opposing GMs.

So, anyone interview that scrub running back? I'd love to hear his take on his quarterback now.

It’s funny when people don’t realize that they’re on one side only. Just like politics. Their side is right, the other side is wrong. It’s funny to watch.

Just like politics I'm third party. Unlike politics I like both BB and TB.

I've gone over this a lot, but people refuse to beleve it.

Belichick has the same success rate drafting WRs that the Steelers do.

It is very hard to comprehend, I know, but the rate is the same.

The only difference is that the Steelers spend 4x as many draft picks in the first four rounds as the Patriots do.

People would be stunned to understand how few WRs BB has drafted relative to the rest of the league over the last two decades.

Starting in the 2000 draft, we've taken David Givens, Deion Branch, Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Chad Jackson, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Malcolm Mitchell, Braxton Berrios and N'Keal Harry.

I'm not counting Harry in this analysis because he's only played in like 9 games. But look at the hit rate on the rest: 4 of 12. He's 33%. The Steelers are at 34%.

What do you classify as a 'hit' in hit rate though? The Steelers regularly develop pro bowl wide receivers. Like a factory of replacing with elite WRs every couple years. Are you counting a 'hit' meaning the Pats kept a guy on the team ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back