PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame loses to UConn at home (Weis fired?) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon back home Charlie
Our players don't have to go to class :)

Re: Notre Dame loses to CONN @ home (WEISS fired????)

I don't see it. We run a different offense than Charlie, not that he couldn't run this but a lot has changed since 2004.

Not quite true. There have been some evolutions (more deep routes, no FB) but the terminology and the base offense is the same.

Not quite true. There have been some evolutions (more deep routes, no FB) but the terminology and the base offense is the same.
"The offense" is the same in that sense but it's run very differently. Different personnel groupings, different playcalling. It's the same offense but it's run very differently.

"The offense" is the same in that sense but it's run very differently. Different personnel groupings, different playcalling. It's the same offense but it's run very differently.

more of a reason to want Weis back...:)

I agree with that. In terms of playcalling and personnel no question as it's more of a result of the styles CW and JMcD employ (Charlie liked his power sets and McD likes his 4 wide) and the personnel they have now and the evolution of TB as a HoF passer. Also run blocking schemes are different too.

I can remember a ton of calls Charlie made that drove me batty. But in the end, the guy did an outstanding job as OC here.

Last edited:

I agree with that. In terms of playcalling and personnel no question as it's more of a result of the styles CW and JMcD employ (Charlie liked his power sets and McD likes his 4 wide) and the personnel they have now. Also run blocking schemes are different too.

I can remember a ton of calls Charlie made that drove me batty. But in the end, the guy did an outstanding job as OC here.

so I take it you entertain the idea of Weis at OC again?:)

Charlie was guilty of being a little too cute for his own good on rare occasions but......

He was always creative and made great halftime adjustments.
There was no second half turning turtle with "All you can eat Charlie"
He loved to step on your throat.

I really hope you are wrong but you make 2 great points. I am a man of Honor.... I would go bak to my roots and support the best Coach in the business.

Financially weiss is set........ ND settlement will make him very rich.

Hey, man of Honor: how about contributing $18 to this site?

Hey, man of Honor: how about contributing $18 to this site?

I would brother man but I have no credit card.......

even at 23 my parents do not trust me w/ Plastic.:):mad:

Hey PJ...I'd LOVE to make my contribution but I can't use PayPal....how about I send YOU a check and you make it for me after the check clears of course...this site allows no other way to pay, otherwise I'd make a generous contribution via Visa

I would brother man but I have no credit card.......

even at 23 my parents do not trust me w/ Plastic.:):mad:

We welcome everyone and are very supportive of people with disabilities. :)

Last edited:
to add to this??? why be a head coach when you are financially set?:confused:

At the time Weis was hired by Notre Dame, his alternative was to

seek a coordinators job with another NFL team. Both Charlie and

his agent were dissatified with what the Patriots were paying him.

I just received a check of 110$$$ from my Uncle

50 went to beer...... this is not the usual me. i was big into lifting..... but got depressed this summer w/ the move..... IDK.... beer is an escapement... come next semester after Florida I hope to be on Track. I have no credit cart and I cannot donnate:mad:. I would.... I love this site.

I'd like to see BB find a position for Weis if for no other reason so I can stop following Notre Dame.

We welcome everyone and are very supportive of people with disabilities. :)

I got a disability myself...... MS at age 10. 23 now..... no one can tell:)

1198990576_0554.jpg

That picture was taken on December 29, 2007, just after the Patriots beat the Giants to complete a 16-0 regular season.

weis is still a good option. Kraft's have $$$ MAKE HIM A GOOD OFFER.:)

Charlie was guilty of being a little too cute for his own good on rare occasions but......

He was always creative and made great halftime adjustments.
There was no second half turning turtle with "All you can eat Charlie"
He loved to step on your throat.

Hit the nail on the head, mr3putt. That summerizes Charlie's time here perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back