PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame loses to UConn at home (Weis fired?) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarkDawg

Banned
Reaction score
WEISS back to PATS would be fantastic....

agreed?:)

Official Charlie Weis Thread

Notre Dame just lost. Cue the bring Charlie Weiss back to the Pats threads in 3...2...1...

Re: Notre Dame loses to CONN @ home (WEISS fired????)

I doubt Belichick will do that, I think he'll want to continue on as is - and I'm sad for Charlie, this is nothing to celebrate.

Re: Official Charlie Weiss Thread

I think that ship has sailed.

I am quite perplexed that he (and to a lesser extent Romeo) has been such a bust. With others recruits, he had two very fine seasons. The goal line USC game in particular would've boosted their chances if ND had won.

Then... in recent years, they've "supposedly" recuited well (according to the people who evaluate these things) and his Claussen signing was obviously a decent move... Yet nothing to show for it but sub .500 or around .500.

He can'T last long with that kind of "porduction".

but Weiss was a fantastic coordinator and worked well w/ Brady.....

If he gets fired.......Weissand BB are close.... why not accept a paying job in a familiar place?

If I were Weiss and respected BB.... I would go back to him.

I feel bad for Charlie, but it's practically 100% certain that he is going to be fired now.

He will be a fine OC next year somewhere (probably not in NE).

It's WEIS by the way...

Last edited:

Mutha F'er... I started the real thread.:)

look

I feel bad for Charlie, but it's practically 100% certain that he is going to be fired now.

He will be a fine OC next year somewhere (probably not in NE).

why not here???? it is not like our current coordinator is good.:D

Strengths/weaknesses in 2000-04 offense= apples
Strengths/weaknesses in current offense= oranges

Weiss would be a nice acquisition Ice

we have lost so may coordinators over the years.......

JMCD was the BEST @ O imo....

I liked WEISS alot..... why not bring him back? He is second to the best of the buch who is coaching the Denver Broncos

I know the real reason BB didn't name Bill O'Brien the OC of the Pats, it's the same approach he took with Josh. BUT....it is convienent that an OC title (maybe with a little extra added) is available for good ole charlie!

Charlie could very well be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills if ND fires him...Imagine the media coverage this gets between Weis and BB if they meet twice a season.

I think the Cowboys could be another spot once Wade gets fired which I think is inevitable,but my guess is that if he returns to the NFL its NOT as a Coordinator,its as a HC and with his credentials and success in the league as an offensive coach it should be no problem.

Last edited:

Charlie could very well be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills if ND fires him...Imagine the media coverage this gets between Weis and BB if they meet twice a season.

I think the Cowboys could be another spot once Wade gets fired which I think is inevitable,but my guess is that if he returns to the NFL its NOT as a Coordinator,its as a HC and with his credentials and success in the league as an offensive coach it should be no problem.

I really hope you are wrong but you make 2 great points. I am a man of Honor.... I would go bak to my roots and support the best Coach in the business.

Financially weiss is set........ ND settlement will make him very rich.

to add to this??? why be a head coach when you are financially set?:confused:

I think at least some of those settlements are contingent on the coaches making "bona fide" efforts to find gainful employment.

I'm not saying that Weis' buyout does that, but it's possible.

[Although sometimes desperation causes strange results: e.g., Parcells' contract with Miami is guaranteed for the full length, but he can leave at any time.]

So that people remember you for being a winner, not a loser?

Head coach at ND was a more publicly high-profile than being our OC, so in the eyes of the American public there is a negative image of his ability.

I'd want to change that if I'm a competitive guy with lots of pride.

Ask Parcells that...He was rich BEFORE he even came to the Patriots.

Some men just like POWER and that comes with being the guy that RUNS the heart of the team and that exactly the reason I think Weis went to ND,He thought he was going to be the LEADER of the football sport of that college but has miserably failed.

Just like some coaches are great HCs in college but suck in the pros like Steve Spurrier or Pete Carroll some HCs who are or would be good in the pros cannot coach the collegiate youngsters well.

Charlie Weis could very well be the next Vince Lombardi :)....At least he can't be any worse than he is at ND..right?

Last edited:

but Weiss was a fantastic coordinator and worked well w/ Brady.....
I don't see it. We run a different offense than Charlie, not that he couldn't run this but a lot has changed since 2004. He was getting ready to leave anyway as he thought he was worth more as an OC than the Patriots were going to pay. He and Bill are still friends, we know that, but the professional breakup was going to happen and I don't see them returning to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes