PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL denies Josh Gordon reinstatement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as much as I share in the hate for Goodell and the testing protocol of the CBA, I'm having a hard time buying into this "all he did was have one drink" theory, unless he happens to have the worst possible luck in the world.

I know a guy right now who's on parole (fist fight), works two jobs, has a few drinks after work around 8-9 PM, and blows into the breathalyzer at the halfway house every night with no problem. Even blood and urine tests aren't detecting alcohol after a reasonable period of time. I know because I used to drink at night and give them in the AM myself, until straightening up and getting on the right track.

It's much more likely that Gordon has failed multiple tests for both marijuana and alcohol, as well as failing to follow directives set forth in his re-instatemrnt plan. I didn't even realize this was being questioned until this thread. I hate the process and I do agree that it is unfair, but a good portion of the blame goes to Josh Gordon.
For those who r Josh Gordon enablers, this post is an excellent slap in the face

If he had more than one drink the NFL would create a smear campaign showing all the tests Gordon failed.
To sway public opinion in their favor.

If he had more than one drink the NFL would create a smear campaign showing all the tests Gordon failed.
To sway public opinion in their favor.
Yes, of course, the NFL would start a "smear campaign" to go after a player on the mighty Cleveland Browns. They must be trying to limit their success and exposure.

The link is in the above quote. It clearly shows that he's been in a lot more trouble than one drink, and the fact that his own agent fired him a few weeks ago in Johnny Manziel-style should tell you that something is obviously going on, here.

I do have a hard time seeing him being suspended still if he was on the Jets.

And that's not even me being cynical with conspiracy theories. In this case, I legitly believe that.

For those who r Josh Gordon enablers, this post is an excellent slap in the face

I'm not sure you understand what enabler means

How hard would it have been to pass off the reefer for a few years and make a bazzillion dollars? Poor guy just couldn't help himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes