Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Sources: New Jersey Nets near deal for Jazz PG Deron Williams - ESPN New York

The New Jersey Nets are trying to rebound from the disappointment of their failed pursuit of Carmelo Anthony by swinging a blockbuster trade for the Utah Jazz's Deron Williams before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, sources said on Wednesday.

The Nets and Jazz, sources said, are closing in on a multi-team trade that would send Williams to New Jersey, with the Nets' Derrick Favors and Devin Harris going to Utah.

Williams would be a very nice pick-up for the Nets. He would be a fantastic start to a rebuilding period for New Jersey. On top of that, it doesn't appear as if they're giving up way too much to get him (ala the Knicks with 'Melo).

Hmm, really didn't see that one coming. Good move for the Nets. They still aren't close to doing much of anything, but D Williams is a huge piece to build around.

I'd look for the Nets to make a major push for Dwight Howard with Deron already in place in the next couple of seasons.

Makes some sense and would make them a threat.

I think the Celts should get in the mix for Howard - Pierce said himself at the AS game, he'd look good in green. Nate, JO & Sheed (not sure why his contract is still on the books, but at hoopshype it is) add up to about 20 million themselves, I don't see any of them here next year, so you'd have room.

I'd love to see them restructure KG in some way, I never really can figure out how those things work in the NBA - but he's the 3rd highest paid player in the NBA, and as good as he is, that is not good value.

Last edited:
Aren't Ray Ray and Garnett coming off the books next season (or the season after)? If so, I'd let Allen walk and find a way to re-structure Garnett while trying to bring in Howard. There are going to be a lot of teams competing for his services, though. That includes L.A. if Bynum continues to get hurt every other week.

Last edited:
Hmm, really didn't see that one coming. Good move for the Nets. They still aren't close to doing much of anything, but D Williams is a huge piece to build around.

The problem is noone knows if hes going to stay. If he doesn't then you traded away your whole team for a 2 year rental..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back