PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Mookie Betts seen feeding homeless at 1am after WS Game2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re avatar is some random man holding a baseball bat. Please
I think you need to look at his avatar closer. Its quite humorous.

You’re avatar is some random man holding a baseball bat. Please
Random man? o_O I feel sorry for you if, a) you don't recognize whose face that is, b) where the original picture comes from, c) you're equating a profile picture to off topic threads, d) you don't know the difference between your/you're.

The story behind Mookie Betts' late-night food delivery to Boston's homeless

Seems like Mookie really didn't want any attention over this. Then Merloni had to go and publicize it (probably in part because he wanted the media credit of 'breaking' the story). Merloni is a doofus.

Don't be too hard on Merloni. Anyone would be hungry to publish a bit of genuinely good, refreshing news. And it's nice to have a star athlete that is still humble and down-to-earth. You know, like Pats fans have gotten to enjoy with TB12 all these years.

What irks me most are those people whoseem to want face time or great PR whenever they do something "charitable". Betts isn't one of them, thankfully. He does it the right way: By seeing a need and filling it as best he can. Quietly, unassumingly.

I have volunteered at our local soup kitchen. I just do it when I can. However, no matter how often we ask for help, it never gets a response UNTIL Thanksgiving, or Christmas, etc. Then folks come out of the woodwork to volunteer. I hate those types, but it is whatitis.

Kudos and many thanks to Mookie Betts for his efforts.
I live in Puerto Rico. A few months after hurricane Maria my wife and I went to the movies and during the trailers there was a Coke advertisement showing them delivering water and basically boasting about how much they helped. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

“So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
- some guy

Amazing how many people hear this constantly but don’t seem to understand it. Personally I need to do a far better job in everything, including the praise aspect. Glad that Mookie seems to be both on the right path in general, and understands and lives this particular message.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with "trumpeting." The problem is when the adulation is the reason for generosity.

I think Lou just wanted to let people know what a great guy Mookie is. He wasn't looking to "break the story"... Why is everyone so cynical?

Regardless of his motivation, he should have respected Mookie’s wishes not to draw attention to himself.

Also it’s 3:30am on the east coast, did anyone watch that whole game?

It’s a great show of class and humanity but he might want to take a break from feeding the homeless to... you know... feed his bat. At this point, we’re going to need to put out an APB on him.

Regardless of his motivation, he should have respected Mookie’s wishes not to draw attention to himself.

I did. Very disappointing.

I went to bed after they got thrown out at home in the 10th due to having to wake up early for the Florida/Georgia game/world’s largest outdoor ****tail party. Woke up at 2 to take a piss and checked the score and saw they were still playing.

It’s a great show of class and humanity but he might want to take a break from feeding the homeless to... you know... feed his bat. At this point, we’re going to need to put out an APB on him.
Yep, he’s the straw that stirs that line-up, has to step it up.

Mookie Betts also seen hitting .224 with 4 extra base hits, 0 home runs and 3 rbi this post season...

sound the alarm. this can be considered a baseball thread. this thread must be purged from the main forum immediately. tunescribe where are you? you must contact the mods now. this cant be allowed to stand.

Mookie Betts also seen hitting .224 with 4 extra base hits, 0 home runs and 3 rbi this post season...
Let's not discount his stolen bases and defensive plays as the best outfielder in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back